Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, yeah, I get that too. I'm not saying that it should be Kung-fooey...that wouldn't make sense at all!

But at the same time, Fraggles have always included "human" references in their songs, such as, "Death and taxes and all" Do Fraggles pay Taxes?

I'd love to see it start in Fraggle Rock, *then* come into the real world, which would be a wild and confusing place for a Fraggle. Make some sort of impact on our world, and then return to their own.

I still wanna see Gorgs on the Golden Gate Bridge...
Well, I don't mean to say the fraggle world doesn't use a lot of human words they have no idea the meaning of, like old sayings:coy:. If a silly creature word is too silly, they just change it so it makes more sense to them, like Uncle Matt and his postcards...All and all I think the human world would be more changed by fraggdom than flaggles by the mindsets of humans, they seem very hardy that way :excited:.
I guess my whole long rant is best put into one sentence: Whatever pacing they use I hope to goodness the importance of the fraggles being fraggles and their culture is kept so that they are not just made into little humans with weird skin and tails :\. That's all I'm really saying :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't mean to say the fraggle world doesn't use a lot of human words they have no idea the meaning of, like old sayings:coy:. If a silly creature word is too silly, they just change it so it makes more sense to them, like Uncle Matt and his postcards...All and all I think the human world would be more changed by fraggdom than flaggles by the mindsets of humans, they seem very hardy that way :excited:.
I guess my whole long rant is best put into one sentence: Whatever pacing they use I hope to goodness the importance of the fraggles being fraggles and their culture is kept so that they are not just made into little humans with weird skin and tails :\. That's all I'm really saying
That is what the writer director has been saying all along. I don't get why some members continually choose to believe otherwise. The Fraggles mean a lot to all of us. Even though Boober is my favorite Fraggle I see no need to have a Booberish perspective on all that could go wrong but probably won't.

Personally I’d like to shift the focus on all that could go right with the film. There’s been a disproportionate amount of pessimism. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
That is what the writer director has been saying all along. I don't get why some members continually choose to believe otherwise. The Fraggles mean a lot to all of us. Even though Boober is my favorite Fraggle I see no need to have a Booberish perspective on all that could go wrong but probably won't.

Personally I’d like to shift the focus on all that could go right with the film. There’s been a disproportionate amount of pessimism. :smirk:
It's not that I am being pessimistic, if anything I don't think the real movie will be bad exactly (most of that is just meant as a joke, I actually like playing with the not real famade roomers about the movie in my fanfic to see how they might work if done right)..

My booberism is more born of the fan born/marketing born idea that in order to work it *has* to be changed a lot, an idea that I actually don't think the film makers themselves are going to have to (or want to even) hold themselves to in order to make a FR movie 'work', for all the reasons I ranted about :3.

If anything I support the hope that the feelings of the writer director and the actors are not overruled by any higher ups. I've seen it happen before, it's them I'm worried about...Hopefully, the editors and the marketing people all have the fraggle soul to :\.

And all my ranted about things are things that I would love to go right, I eat fraggle culture..with a spoon:big_grin:!
I would share more of what I would like to see but everywhere I try to people always seem to have an 'oh well, it's not going to be made for your generation anyway' feeling when they answer back, which I think is ten times more hurtful than any pessimism. IMHO when a series spans so many generations it should be able to have what we loved about it in it to..and that is my un-Boobish two cents :3!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... dude said no slow motion Kung Fu fights... even the Muppet show characters did that one (VMX... I'm not talking about Piggy's Hai-YA). I see an update as being something that holds them into being relatible for the younger audiences without having them lose their magic or turn into pop culture spitting drones. There were changes, as I said, to even the Muppet show and Sesame Street when they were made movies. Of course, SS and TMS have completely different formats that don't work for a movie anyway, and Fraggle Rock seems more story driven than the others (story driven to the point where it isn't interrupted by smaller segments about Pinball machines, or guest stars doing musical numbers)... I can't see how this isn't going to be epic on any level.

The only things I am inclined to think about (not even worry) are: Will Jerry Nelson loop his dialogue as any of his characters? And how will the Gorgs or Doc fit into the film?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dang, yo... doesn't he ever say something that isn't completely encouraging? :hungry:

Redsonga

Reaction score
And how will the Gorgs or Doc fit into the film?
It's so easy to put them into a FR story I can't really see them *not* being in one (even if Doc has to be played by someone else and a Doc story just bookends the movie, and the gorgs are just a passing shadow and a voice over):\. They all link together so well...
Of course I could see the movie not having them and then at the end showing Doc and Sprocket and leaving it open for a 2nd movie :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hence why I said "How will they?" and not "Will they?" Personally, I don't want to know how until I see the movie. I like to keep surprised. Usually with the internet, you find out the entire plot and every little cameo down to the point where you know the film backwards and forwards without even seeing it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like knowing the overall plot but for the most part I stay away from details, I've been able to do that with most of the really really big movies so far (like the newest Batman movie, and I even stayed away from pictures of LTS)...In the case of the FR movie I'm just happy knowing that whatever it is going to be it is nothing like the early roomer Uncle Matt stories :smile: (even if they are fun to play with in a what if? sort of way)