Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Wow at the FAQ... so when exactly should we expect the movie? I thought it would be out this year? Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
so when exactly should we expect the movie?
Writer/director Corey Edwards is hopeful that the film will release sometime in 2010. They are currently awaiting a production green light; the script is in great shape, but the production budget and schedule are not totally in place yet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Writer/director Corey Edwards is hopeful that the film will release sometime in 2010. They are currently awaiting a production green light; the script is in great shape, but the production budget and schedule are not totally in place yet.
Wow! That's so exciting, I can't wait! It's great that the changes he was sent back to do were Character related, rather than story related. As in, "Go back and change this because that character wouldn't react that way." rather than, "Go back and make Wembly the brave one in this scene."

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! I just read on the website that Doc is in the movie! But at the same age as in the old tv series, so I'm guessing he's being recast. I think that's...wait for it, Great.

I cannot wait to see what they do with this series, but it sounds like whatever it is, will be magical and fantastical. Sure it will never wuite fit with the original canon, but we've had that problem with Muppet Movies since the very start. (After all, everyone knows that Scooter joined Kermit at the theatre one random morning, and was never the EM's road manager...er...something like that.)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, but he could have been something similar BEFORE joining the theater.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Of course :wink:

I do agree with Cory though on this one...Fraggle Rock Movie has to keep all the elements of the orginal story, and to do that, Doc needs to not know the Fraggle exist. Remember, Fraggle Rock's message is about all these different communities living together in peace, so it needs to start out WITH different communities, rather than ones that already know each other and have worked out their peace treaties.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the petition to have Dick Van Dyke play Doc if Gerry Parkes was unable to? I'm still diggin' that idea.

Just found the thread about it. We called ourselves SPABCBCO(ACB)FDVDPOD Inc. LLC (Super Penguins And Britney Card-Board Cut-Outs (And ClipBoards) For Dick Van Dyke's Portrayal Of Doc)

There was even a Convincing John song for it:

"Give a cheer! Convincing John is here!"

"Listen to Convincing John,
And all your troubles gone!
He's gonna tell it, spell it, sell it
Just for you!"

"Now if you want a guy for Doc,
And I ask you not to mock,
Let me tell ya 'bout a fella I knew!
He's played a doc before,
So it won't be such a chore
To try and fill that other guy's shoes.
That other Doc's a quack!
Couldn't fix a heart attack!
So, if you want a story of truth and glee,
You'd better get Dick Van Dyke,
He'll play Doc in the Fraggle movie!"

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Sad to hear that "our" Doc won't be movie Doc, but I guess it can't be helped. He'll be greatly missed, though.

Dick Van Dyke? That is quite an amusing idea :wink: