Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if Sprocky got his own musical theme though, something instrumental? :3

zns

Reaction score
There's an update about the film written on the Toughpigs website. It's definately not a spoiler, but it gives a little hint as to what we can expect within the upcoming film. The only thing that I don't agree on with the article is that Karen Prell will probably be the only original performer in the film, since other members like Steve, Kathy, and Dave would want to do those characters again (they said so at the Muppetfest convention years ago). Jerry Nelson, on the other hand, might be a bit of a long shot.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This part of the TP review was something I'd been slightly concerned with:

By that, I mean they lose a bit of the characterization that once made them great. Each of the Fraggles is inherently faulty, but those traits become somewhat muted in the film. Gobo is a strong leader but not quite as cocky, Red is tough but not as competitive, Wembley is silly but doesn’t wemble, etc.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That kind of irked me too. However, it's really the lack of wembling that bothers me most. I don't care if Gobo and Red aren't at each other's throats ... but Wembley NEEDS to wemble. It's his signature issue.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Let us have a moment of silence for the fallen Gorgs.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
A NON-Wembling Wembley? That's kinda criminal - it's what he DOES! :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I didn't really think the Gorgs would make the cut. Would have been nice, but oh well. If a project (movie, show, game) develops out of this, they could introduce the Gorgs there. Budget-wise, I can see how making the Gorg Kingdom could be problematic. Not just the Gorgs, but in the maps drawn (and if the animated show is any indication) imply that it's more than just a small garden next to the castle. A property for 20-some odd foot creatures would be huge.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Agreed. I never honestly thought they would make it either. After all, it's a very small movie about 5 friends in a hostile environment, it's not a massive movie about magical kingdoms.

However, if there is a second movie, I'd like that to involve the Gorgs in some way!

Also, can I say I am soooooooo glad about Cotterpin joining them, and being a little mechanical wizz!

I am not so happy about Mokey being left behind...She's basically Pheobe, people! You can write for her, write for Mokey!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
They probably can't write for Cantus, either, considering how zen-like they both are.

I am SOOOO glad about Cotterpin, as well. Who else would be the geek in this project? The only ones with technical know-how anyway are the Doozers.

Beauregard

Reaction score
See, the thing with Cantus is...He gets to say a line or two, and then melt away again. (not melt literally...) Mokey, she has to stay as a main character with the others, otherwise we'll have a problem with the movie and start complaining. To be fair, she probably would stay more quiet and observe, rather than have loads of lines anyway.

But I do think that she'd be so fascinated with the world...I think she'd find Graffiti to be beautiful (the well done, graffiti, not the rude stuff).