Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Imdb (not necessarily a reliable source) lists Fraggle Rock at 2011. Noting that shooting hasn't yet started, I believe that to be the theatrical target date. :coy:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
If it was 2011, that would make an interesting 30th birthday present for me ;D I guess I wouldn't mind waiting longer if that meant more real work and care would be put into it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
We are talking to some big people about being involved. MAJOR names. Everyone agrees that this music has to be more than "kids rock," or sing-songy stuff that is merely tolerable for adults.
Not that FR ever was that :wink:.
I think, big names can ether be a good thing or a bad thing. After all, fraggles come from a timeless place so it might be best if the songs they themselves sing (if they sing :frown: ) do not date it :smile:. Maybe the songs the fraggles sing would be new and then the rest could be pre-made...And then, of course, you have a remix of the theme song every movie version of a show does : ) (a good thing, I hope they find a nice band for it, maybe one that grew up with the 80's series)...
The hope is to make the soundtrack the best POP album it can be, while giving the movie those magical moments.
There are all different time periods and types of pop so we will see where that goes (I have always loved 70's and 80's pop for the idea of a movie, even if it is a new version of them. It is like a nod to the time and soul of the show I think).
I hope that it will have different styles of music and not just Disney Channel pop :3

muppet baby

Reaction score
If it was 2011, that would make an interesting 30th birthday present for me ;D I guess I wouldn't mind waiting longer if that meant more real work and care would be put into it.
That is a great thought , i will be 30 years old in 2011 i hope that it would be 2011, that would be a great Birthday present for me to . LOL i hope that it would be that it would be a great be day present for the both of us LOL .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I don't mind who the big names are; I don't want to pre judge based on past work. It would really depend on what they bring to the table. :smile:

I just hope that too much emphasis isn't put on making a movie that's supposedly "relevant to today's kids." Because 1. It's a myth that kids do not enjoy older things. And 2. Even if some kids don't like older things, the fault lies with them, not the material. :wink:

Most people agree, we don't colorize old movies just because some kids are initially turned off. We try to encourage them to appreciate the deeper value of the film.

I guess overall I'm saying it's not how modern a script is, but how well written a story it is. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well I don't mind who the big names are; I don't want to pre judge based on past work. It would really depend on what they bring to the table. :smile:

I just hope that too much emphasis isn't put on making a movie that's supposedly "relevant to today's kids." Because 1. It's a myth that kids do not enjoy older things. And 2. Even if some kids don't like older things, they are wrong. :wink:
that is a good idea Heralde, that is so true , really hope that is true i mean that they thing that kids do like older things .

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory Edwards clearly states that he doesn't want his Fraggle film to be filled with kiddie-pop. It's safe to assume he also means Disney pop fodder too. I hope these big names are timeless pop song writers. Edwards seems to be on the right track so far so I trust him with this too. I doubt the easily dated cast of High School Musical or nearly passe lip-syncing Kanye West will be asked to contribute. :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Timeless pop singers are a good thing, it is wonderful how even some songs they sang in the 70's etc are still just as loved today :smile:. The company has a good history of being able to get people who are timeless icons into the mix of things so I am not too worried :3