Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
But I don't think we'd have the same kind of jokes as the other projects mentioned. And that's due to the fact the Fraggles going into outer space in the 80's wouldn't be as different as them going out into Outer Space now, since the Fraggles are mystified by everything that the silly creatures do.... not just make jokes about putting CD's on record players or mispronouncing technological advancements. Everything is a new experience for them. And that's their strength.
Oh, I agree :smile: I agree very much, that's why I think the 80's vs. now world talk is a little weird, because everything is new to them, even if it was just the 50's :3. After all, the big things that they don't understand are more human nature than anything...

muppet baby

Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked before but is there even a " idea " for a release date for this film i can hardly wait to see it i am so excited about it :excited:.

Or even better it a for sure release date and will it be world wide i sure hope .

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have heard 2010 and 2012, I am not sure though :smile:. I actually hope it takes more time than less in the filming stage :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, I agree :smile: I agree very much, that's why I think the 80's vs. now world talk is a little weird, because everything is new to them, even if it was just the 50's :3. After all, the big things that they don't understand are more human nature than anything...
Yeah, I just can't see them saying, "Look! We're on divduh [DVD]" or anything like that. The Fraggles coming into our world now is essentially the same effect they'd get if they came out of the Rock in the 60's or 2023.... things have changed for the Silly creatures, but to a race of beings that don't have access to human pop culture, they just don't know what anything is, and everything's fascinating... plush, as Fraggles, they can make funnier assumptions about what things are... similar to matt and his post cards.

That said, I hate when movies make cartoon characters or TV characters come to "our" world... Much as I loved the Bullwinkle film (minus said girl spy.... what's that term they use for Fan Fics where the writers adds a new character with a generic personality that didn't need to be added? That's here), I think the Flintstones was more successful at capturing the cartoon, because we see their world. We had set designers fashion rocky buildings out of foam and latex and resin... we had every single extra clothed Flintstones style...something like that. And that's much more interesting than seeing Wendy's Logos blurred out....

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
what's that term they use for Fan Fics where the writers adds a new character with a generic personality that didn't need to be added? That's here),
I think for girls it's Mary Sue, for boys it's Marty Stu (or Gary Stu). Basically they're usually glorified characters that fix all the problems and know everything, while winning the hearts of the other gender characters and being envied by their own.

But I digress. Matt is the only Fraggle with significant exposure to "Outer Space," but even if he went with them he still probably wouldn't notice the changes much. He might assume his "friends" (like the parking meter) had moved away or something :wink:

I agree, it's much better for them to make their own funny assumptions. Maybe pull an Ariel and think a fork is a comb :wink:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL ... knowing Matt, he'd probably start some protest ("Save the Sidewalk Creature from Extinction!").

muppet baby

Reaction score
I have heard 2010 and 2012, I am not sure though :smile:. I actually hope it takes more time than less in the filming stage :smile:
you know i was thinking the same thing after i posted the reply of does any one have any idea of when the release date of the movie is LOL .

I want them to take care to this movie , i mean the series is wonderful a stroke of gunuis .

I want to movie to come close to that , i mean it can not be just like Jerry jule i mean he is not on earth with us anymore Jerry 's fraggle rock was jerry's fraggle rock . I want the movie version to come pretty close though like say if they took care and looked at scripts and took somethings from it , made it a lot like Jerry's i hope that makes sense what i am saying to that .( please don't thorw food at me for saying that ) LOL

i hope you know what i am trying to say to that LOL like if they used Jerry's scripts or tried to it would be almost like the seris or close LOL . The same caring Fraggle friends that we all love .

Redsonga

Reaction score
you know i was thinking the same thing after i posted the reply of does any one have any idea of when the release date of the movie is LOL .

I want them to take care to this movie , i mean the series is wonderful a stroke of gunuis .

I want to movie to come close to that , i mean it can not be just like Jerry jule i mean he is not on earth with us anymore Jerry 's fraggle rock was jerry's fraggle rock . I want the movie version to come pretty close though like say if they took care and looked at scripts and took somethings from it , made it a lot like Jerry's i hope that makes sense what i am saying to that .( please don't thorw food at me for saying that ) LOL

i hope you know what i am trying to say to that LOL like if they used Jerry's scripts or tried to it would be almost like the seris or close LOL . The same caring Fraggle friends that we all love .

Well, as with any fandom even if a movie changes some things you can always take it or leave it and write fanfic.:excited: Even if this movie turns out to be the best thing since Fraggle Rocker toys I am not sure if I am going to count it as canon. It may be more along the lines of the cartoon series, a sort of pocket universe...

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well, as with any fandom even if a movie changes some things you can always take it or leave it and write fanfic.:excited: Even if this movie turns out to be the best thing since Fraggle Rocker toys I am not sure if I am going to count it as canon. It may be more along the lines of the cartoon series, a sort of pocket universe...
That would be great and you know you are right , the fact that it wil proablly be like a pocket univerise LOL .

yes and it will be like the cartoon series not the Ecact magic but it could be close .

One other thing that i noticed when i looked on www.imdb.com today that they did not have a the Fraggle rock movie listed , as coming yet . It must me years away if they do not have a year listed .

They just had the amimated series listed and the live action fraggle listed .

I hope that they are takeing there care and there time with this movie to make it really good .