Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Very awesome news. With that, I'm sure you can make a perfectly Fraggly film.

:coy: :excited: :coy:
I agree. I am just hoping he sticks to what brought the show to the dance in the first place, that being the message, the music, and the relationships in the show.

Shadowkai

Reaction score
From what Edwards said, I think the film will be great and stick with the meaning of the Fraggles. ^^ I can't wait for the movie! :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Same. But even with the push Edwards has given it, I'll be skeptical until I see it and can judge it myself.

Shadowkai

Reaction score
Same. But even with the push Edwards has given it, I'll be skeptical until I see it and can judge it myself.
I have to agree with you on that, I guess I'm kinda getting ahead of myself in the first post, but I really hope it will be great.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Same. But then again, I guess things often do change to fit in with the times & all that.
But fraggles live apart from our time..I mean, other than the human world changing there should really be nothing to pick at :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But fraggles live apart from our time..I mean, other than the human world changing there should really be nothing to pick at :sympathy:
I agree.

Television reception going digital next year will not have an impact on Fraggle Rock. :coy: Or probably Doc either.

Even in outerspace it will all be new to them. Also, the director already reported that they aren't going to "Shrek" the film with pop culture references so I don't think we have anything to worry about. :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I wonder how, then, are they going to capture the eyes of the current demographic that's so absorbed in Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and the like? I mean, I love nostalgia as much as anyone, but I want the film to be a timeless one for all ages, just as the series itself was a forever timeless classic (and still is considered as such by its fans).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wonder how, then, are they going to capture the eyes of the current demographic that's so absorbed in Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and the like? I mean, I love nostalgia as much as anyone, but I want the film to be a timeless one for all ages, just as the series itself was a forever timeless classic (and still is considered as such by its fans).
IMHO, not all of them are into that, it's just a stereotype :stick_out_tongue:. The movie will find it's own following just fine if it is a good movie, because good movies are made for their own sake:excited: (I know many aren't nowadays, but then those aren't 'good' movies for the most part) .

To be truly timeless a movie should focus on story first and try to keep as many of those 'cool for today' elements out of it IMHO. Because todays cool is tomorrows dated feeling...

I think the FR series is so timeless because there really is nothing to date it, because the Uncle Matt scenes. The message of peace is not so much a 'human hippie thing' as it is a part of the rocks culture that has always been there, and will always be...