Welcome to the Author's Corner

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm personally working on a book I plan to self publish this year. I'm looking at Lulu.com right now. A friend of mine is an artist and I plan on her designing the cover. Maybe nothing successful will come from it, but I want to do it anyway :zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea how people go about writing book reviews for publishers? My mom's been saying that's something I should check into, but I have the Writer's Market and have been to plenty of publishers' websites, and nobody has anything to say about that. My dad does book reviews for computer science books, but it's because they approached him because he teaches computer science. Would you recommend just writing to a publisher directly with a couple sample reviews to see if they're interested? Or, as I'm inclined to suspect, do only people who are in the business already do reviews like that? I've written a lot of reviews for Epinions, but what little revenue that generated has all but disappeared. It would be nice to do some reviews that could actually supplement my income...
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't know, sorry.

I don't think I've ever read your reveiws, do you have links to them?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.I've never really used an outline for my writing.Right now writing a screenplay.I have the opening out,its terrific;I'm just having difficulty on which direction to take it in.I usually write at my best when I free-write(just write & not think about where its going).Glad to see others at MC have this passion of writing too. :cool: :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool, I've just started on a new screenplay to. What sharnra (sp? caunra?) is yours? I mean Thriller, Chiller, Action, Comedy?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I don't know, sorry.

I don't think I've ever read your reveiws, do you have links to them?
If you click on the link to my homepage on my profile, that's where they are. :cool:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hi Beau! My screenplay is a drama,with hint points of comedy.Mostly its about friendship & family,life,etc...What kind of writing is yours about? :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Comedy mainly, with some crime-action-thriller-James Bondy-type stuff in it. Gadgets and all.

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm writing a ten page paper about Dickens' London.