Welcome to the Author's Corner

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet, not sure if I want to. But it might give me a better shot. I don't know...
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am just going out to lie in front of a bus.

J/K

I got a letter back today from a literary agent who had said, in 't past, that she wanted to see some writing samples. She replied to say that she "didn't feel teh writing and ideas were strong enough." Ka-whah!!! :cry:

Actually, I don't usually mind rejection, but today I was meant to be going to a creative writing class, and I was going to ask Tutor what she suggested I should have sent, and/or what to do next and it was cancelled for the third week in a row.

Ka-whahhh :cry:

bea:zany:regard

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Have any of you heard of a fantasy novel called "Eragon"? I've seen it on the shelves at our bookstore in a prominent place but didn't know anything about it. Turns out it was written by an 18-year-old - started when he was 15!! :eek: Man, I wish that was me! I really want to write a novel this year. I've written a couple mini-novels, none longer than 15,000 words. I just need to be able to come up with a story big and complex enough to fill that many pages - and not feel like I'm copyng off of anyone! That's the trouble with reading a lot, you start to become paranoid... I haven't written much of anything since I graduated, so I'm really hoping I can make up for it this year.
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, oh, oh, guys, I am bursting to tell someone who'll give me encoragment not critizisam....

I have just got to the end of my first novel, at 93,000 words!!!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
:eek: :eek: WOW! I greatly admire your stamina! You got six times further than I've ever gotten! What is your novel about? I hope you're able to get it published sometime in the future! :smile:
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is about a mysterious file hat is e-mailed to teh wrong person (Yes, at first it seems like a boring same theme as everyone else) but it mounts up to a twisted tale of revenge, murder, assasinations and fear. The main characters are a boy (15), a detective (the only character that will go on to the sequel), and a mysterious person who seems to have split personalities, plus another two detectives, a prime minister, and la, de, da, half a hundred other people.

I hope to have it published one day, then you'll all be able to read it!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
It is about a mysterious file hat is e-mailed to teh wrong person (Yes, at first it seems like a boring same theme as everyone else) but it mounts up to a twisted tale of revenge, murder, assasinations and fear. The main characters are a boy (15), a detective (the only character that will go on to the sequel), and a mysterious person who seems to have split personalities, plus another two detectives, a prime minister, and la, de, da, half a hundred other people.

I hope to have it published one day, then you'll all be able to read it!
Sounds very interesting, Beau!

I've written lots of things, none of which are ENTIRELY finished, and I'm currently working on 3 or 4 different script ideas for my brother, and one for myself! My brother & some friends are planning on working on a movie this summer, and I'm goin' over some ideas for them! One's a drama, two are comedies, and the other one's a comedy-drama! I don't have any finished yet, & a couple are still in outline stages....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cool. I am going to be writing an adventure/thriller/edge of your seat/Matrix style scripts at some point this summer. I have a great idea, and need to get it down before someone else comes up with it!

I am aslo working on a children's novel at the moment *dreads having to go back to school*

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm working on THREE children's novels at the moment. (Part of a trilogy.)

The challenge with these scripts is that I'm working on a REEEEAAAALLY low budget, so they're really gonna work more like a stage play! (...With a low budget!)