Welcome to the Author's Corner

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Well you were talking about school and when I went to school we were told to use a capital for proper names. Yes a few people like your poet and kd lang use no capitals but it is silly.

I think you are a proper name Wolfy, even if you don't think you are proper yourself.

Wolfy Wolfy Wolfy
Mark Mark Mark

Oscar say graaaaaaaaawwwlll :grouchy:

I am being humorous of course :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You think you are being humerous, but you are not.

wolfy

Reaction score
Thank you, Beau...you're sweet...

(wolfy blows kisses toward Beauregard)

wolfy

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Oh, maybe you two would like to be alone:flirt: :flirt:

Ha ha :big_grin:

Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot. How can we get upset with so many happy faces?

I am mister serious:attitude:

Go eat a fish today!!!:zany:

Muppet central is a riot with these faces

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, how do you guys write? Do you sit and think up each word before writing it? Do you have the entirer plot in your head before you start?

What I do is have a basic idea of where it is going. Create some characters and then type so fast atht I can't really tell what they are saying and it's like the characters are controling my brain and my fingers. Does anyone else get that?

grail

Reaction score
I wish...

I have a bad habit of agonizing over every word I write. Is it the right word? The right inflection? The right tense? It drives me nuts sometimes.

I'm more of a "wannabe" writer anyway. I have these great ideas, that start out really strong...and then I get another idea and lose all track of the first one. For instance, I really need to get back to that Batman idea...

Of course, I won't get back to the Batman idea any time soon (probably) because currently, I'm revisiting a different one of my old ideas. Something I came up with a few years ago, but got tucked away in the recesses of my mind. Originally, I thought it'd be a good comic book, but it popped into my head the other day, and now I'm writing scripts for it...and thinking about trying to track down a flash animator.

I don't want to give away too many details yet, but it's based on two words. The first being "press"...the second being "hang". And it involves superheroes...because that's what I know. Yeah...I'm a sick man. If I ever get anywhere with it, I'll make sure to let everyone know. I'm sure I'll probably get distracted in a week or so though. Always happens.

Oh, and because I'm in the mood to talk (I'm ALWAYS in a mood to talk, but you know what I mean)...I'll finish this post with a quote of something I wrote over on the Palisades board on the subject of capitalization. Just for Wolfy.

i don't like making the rest of the letters in the word and/or sentence feel inadequate by making one of them more important than the rest. to be honest, there was a point where i would randomly assign one letter of a sentence to have a capital letter, just to see if it could handle the burden of leadership. it never could, as it threw off the whole asthetic of the phrase...so i decided that all letters are created equal, and as such i should treat them like i treat people. so i am equally inconsiderate to them all, and none of them get to be big. that way they can't develop an ego about it.
Don't ask me what happened...when I came back from the Philly con, I started inexplicably using correct capitalization. Haven't figured out why though.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
First, I have to have an idea. There are two kinds of ideas I get- the ideas where I make my muses work, and the ideas where they make me work.

For the first type, it'll be like this: I'll decide "Gee, it would be phun to write a, oh let's say Sailor Moon fanfic." So I bug my muses until they give me a good idea for a fic.

For the second type, I'll be walkin' along, minding my own business, when WHAM! The muses hit me with the frying pan of ideaness. So it starts of as more of an abstract concept, and then my muses bug ME until I've turned it into a fanfic.

Then I write. I don't have to have every single word planned out when I write, but I do have to have pretty much every single thing that happens (including details) planned out. Otherwise, it's crud.

I'll probably add on this but now I gotta go to work. Seeya.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have tried that way, and I think that I will try it again with a seres that I am planning about a funny man named ---------- actaully I'll give away too much if I gove you the name so I won't. Basicaly he is an old gentleman that hadn't modenized with the rest of us. It is going to be seriously funny.

I a series tah I am writting about a detective I am always letter the characters dictate me. I just let them type so fast I don't know what's happening. I average 2,000 words a day, and 10,000 words a week. I am up to 45,000 in one of them now.

Well,
Got to go,
Beauregard

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm w/Hera. Sometimes I have to figure the story out, and sometimes I write what the muses give me. Mostly, though, I write when the muses hit. ("Frying pan of ideaness." I like that.) I'm also like Grail, though, in that I have a/b 5,000 different ideas going on at once, and I often leave 1 or 2 of 'em hanging while I work on my latest thing. There are a few things I need to get back to, actually. Sometime, though, I'll be deep in the middle of one idea, and suddenly something hits me a/b ANOTHER idea I have, that usually makes me end up reworking the whole second idea. (If that statement made ANY sense.)