Welcome to the Author's Corner

wolfy

Reaction score
You know, Manda, I tried to write on my computer once before, too, but they made me clean the screen off...(grumble, grumble) It was a good story, too...

Eye no their is a lot of wheys that people Cann due things sew there spell Cheqs will knot stop & cheque a word. This is one way...making sure the words are homonyms. Oh, wait...what do they call them these days? You know, the words that sound alike but are spelled differently?

I wasn't being mean about it...just asking a general question. I mean, has anyone read a group of papers from a classroom of kids lately? It's not a pretty site...I mean, sight...:wink:

Hope you all have had a nice weekend...I have to go. Simpsons in 9 minutes...
wolfy

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well Eye haf know probbblem wif me spellling ore eye wood juste gif ip.

Seriously since I use my computor I can get it all spell cheaked and gramer cheaked, the only problem is when the gramer should be wrong for the dialoge and the snazy computor says, Do it like this not like this do it. (But thank goodness I have never had to write Yoda talking. Boy would my computor have a bad day.)

I can't write poetry. A lot of you seem to write poetry how do you do it when I can't make too words ryhme?

My poetry is like a tree,
it blossoms in the fall,
and when it is not cheese,
I go to follow sow.

See? Not good.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
actually talking like yoda is correct most of the time...weird

Sarah

can't wait til yoda wannabe superscoot hears this...:concern:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Heard it, I have. Wise to worry, were you. Yeeees. Re hehehehe!

Worry not. Only so much of this can one stand. Stop, I will do... eventually.

Re hehehehehehehehehe!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh, gosh, poetry....Do not get me STARTED on poetry.....I CANNOT do poetry. I STINK at it. (And yet, I am attempting a ballad....The only way this one story could be told is through a ballad....I'm either really optimistic....Or really dumb.)
....I'm actually really good at spelling, but really BAD at typing! That's why words'll often come ouit misspelled whern you're reading what I've written. (I CURSE the keyboard!!!! AND all its keys!!!!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Now here's a rummy thing

I was just thinking that with a bunch of budding writers here with locked up talent and Muppet Central in need of some more articles, reviews, and most interestingly Fan Fiction to fill it and make it better why not combine the two?

We could start a Mupp Fan Fic club and devote ourselves to creating Muppet fan fic!!! We could start with a compertition seeign hwo can get a (quality) fic done first then we can submit them to Phillip and he can host them here!!!

What a great idea. I have such a brain. (OK, if no one likes this idea, I had nothing to do with it.)

wolfy

Reaction score
Fan fic? Oh, no...not fan fic! I can't do fan fic at all!

I once did a LOT of hiaku, though. I was really on a roll in school that day! Everyone was wracking their brains trying to get something down on paper, and here I was, whipping them out left and right and just laughing every time I finished another one. My best friend even told me to quit it, but I just kept going!

Here's the only one I remember...(clearing throat)

*cough, cough, cough, cough!*

Students sit in chairs
Beating their heads in for words
I'm on my tenth one.

My favorite poem that I wrote was very stupid, but I got a grade for it (as well as about seven others I zipped off that day in class). I think the teacher was impressed by the fact that I could do what she asked of me without complaining...I actually laughed at most of the work back then...sheesh, what was wrong with me?

Here's my favorite poem...We had to make up a poem about the two items that the teacher sat on our desk that day. I got a ceramic green frog and a grapefruit. Good grief...what to write? Well, here it is...

A little green frog
Went hop, hop, hop
And jumped up on
The table top.
A yellow grapefruit
Was sitting there;
It made the froggie
Stop and stare.
Suddenly the grapefruit moved!
And to the froggie
It had proved...
Never play with yellow grapefruits.

You know, my girlfriend never could figure out what that meant. I don't know why...

Hope you enjoyed a couple samples of what I have done, though. I reached back way, way, Waaaaaaaay into the memories for them! Like ... oh, my goooooooooddd ... I have my (EEK) 30 year reunion this year!! Oooohhh, I don't feel so good...
wolfy

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Hey Wolfy...did you not know that overuse of exclamation points is wrong, and that you must sign your first name with a capital?

–Mark

ha ha! I could not resist it :big_grin:

wolfy

Reaction score
Hey, Mark:

Can you read this?

Pbffffffft! :stick_out_tongue:

(See, only ONE exclamation point!)

And I only use a capitol letter on my name if it is called for, which with mine, it is not...sort of like "e.e. cummings." Remember him?
wolfy