Welcome to the Author's Corner

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Yes, well I am an extremily FAST typer. I can type about twice or more as fast as I can write so that is why I use it. (Also my writing is terrable)
Ditto to that.

Every word.

wolfy

Reaction score
(Slipping in the side door and sitting in the back...)

Hello. My name is Wolfy. I like to write...

(all) "Hi, Wolfy..."

I started writing in school, and I became pretty good at it when I was in my junior year of high school. I saw a boy in class that I fell madly in love with, and most of my poems and stories were based on him, or on some of my experiences with my best friend when we would go to the Airman's Club at the local military base, but I stopped when someone read my poem entitled "My Love is Like a Mountain" and the whole senior class knew I was writing about the boy I was in love with...very small class, small town school...very bad...

Total shut-down for many years...

I found a love of writing again when I went to college in my mid-30s. I was praised by the hardest teacher at the school (who questioned why I wanted in her class when she knew she had a reputation for being "a (bad word)") for my story about an orange, writing on my paper, "I will never be able to eat an orange again without thinking of your story." High praise for me...

I met a man, married, had another son (my first son was 7), and when he was around 3 he started wanting bedtime stories. No amount of books could satisfy him! He wanted more, more, MORE! I grew weary of reading and talking and talking and reading night after night after night...

Finally, one night, I made up a story about a little boy who wanted "Just One More" bedtime story. He recognized himself in the story and wanted it again and again. Every night I was to tell him that story, then he would go to sleep. My husband asked me to write it down so he could tell it when I wasn't home. I did, and our son was pleased. He started asking for other stories, and I tried my best to give him some...

My children loved Sesame Street, and since my stories were geared toward children, I submitted my stories to Children's Television Workshop's book people. Big mistake...I found my ideas in some of their stories later on. I was so angry! I quit writing for a while, then, after we moved away from home, I wrote a few stories again.

I keep getting asked to take it up again by my husband and children, and perhaps I should, but I lack both motivation and encouragement...maybe I'll find it here...?
wolfy

PS My whole book of poems and stories I had written from my high school days was stolen by a girlfriend of my younger brother, who gave the poem, "My Love is Like a Mountain" to him as her own. He was shocked when I quoted it word for word and said that she had stolen my works...I never got them back...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
(Also my writing is terrable)
Apparantly your typing is pretty TERRABLE too.

:halo:

just kidding! just kidding!

foofoocakes

Reaction score
My typin is terriible and my long hand is worse, but I love to write short stories. My life is a comedy why not amuse the rest of the world.
I always have an idea of where the story is going to end. If I wrote novels I would have to have an outline or I would get off track. My stories are based on things that happen to me or my family. Its easier for me to base my stories on a little bit of truth even if there is a lot of embelishment.
I have never been published. I guess that is the next step. I think I am afraid to find out that I only amuse myself.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm definitely a typer. Sometimes I write poetry by hand, but stories and papers/articles/other school-mandated stuff is all typed. I work a lot faster that way and it just seems to work better. The bad part: when the computer crashes with my only copy inside!! :eek:
Erin

wolfy

Reaction score
I'll probably get yelled at for this, but I sure hope that all you typers use spell check before you give your papers and such to your teachers.

(Sounding like a great-great-great-grandma now...) You know, in MY day, we had to make sure all our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed, our grammer was correct and our spelling was perfect. None of this "instant spell check" on the computers for us, boy...we had to LOOK THINGS UP in a dictionary! And woe to anyone who had a dangling participle!

(grinning) Okay, lecture over. Seriously, I don't understand the lack of wanting to learn to spell correctly, write properly or even talk normally these days! Everyone has gotten SO lazy, including me at times!

Oh, what a world, what a world...who'd have believed the English language would come to such hip-hop tragedy...? Oooooh, ooooh...
wolfy

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Whether or not I use spell check depends on what I'm typing up. Often I write stupid, crazy, funny stories that never make sense and rarely have plots. They're always in a script-like form, and the whole things are mostly dialogue. Since not all the characters have perfect grammar or speak eloquently, there's a lot of intentional mistakes in my writing. So I don't use spell check then, because most of the things it tries to correct don't need to be corrected, and it just gets to be obnoxious.

On the other hand, if I'm writing something serious (or something for school) then I'll use spell check.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sellp ckehc? Wahts; spell chelc? Si that tatht new-fnagled intrent decive? Ooooh! I wnat noe o' thme!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm not very good on the keyboard.....That may be because I use pen & paper!
I've TRIED writing on the computer, but I dunno....It's just gotta be paper for me! I always type up a story as soon as I'm done w/it, but, then, when am I EVER "done" w/a story? The only time I DON'T end up typing up a finished product, is when I wrote some kinda stupid lil' thing whilst I was bored in class!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Often I make the same stupid mistakes when I write as when I type. My most common problem is putting the instead of they! I know WHEN to put the, and when to put they, but I still screw it up. Prob'ly writing too fast or only half payin' attention.