Well, I finally heard Steve's Statler

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
It's weird that people still have a problem with Steve's Kermit. I guess it's his puppateering that needs work. He's really got the voice down. Still, it never bothered me. (Well, except maybe the first time Steve did Kermit. Other than that I'm pretty much used to it.)

Actually, I think Steve does a great job with the puppeteering aspect of it. He gives the right physical movements to Kermit. But Kermit's voice, while high for Jim, remains too low for Steve to reach. Kermit basically became a falsetto over night. I'm not picking on Steve, but to me (and many others) there is a noticeable vocal difference. For best comparison, watch an episode of TMS back-to-back with an episode of MT. Or try the "Muppet Sing-Alongs: It's Not Easy Bein' Green" tape. Steve's Kermit hosts the collection of clips, several of which contain Jim's Kermit. The final number (from JHH) has Jim's Kermit singing, before switching to Steve's Kermit wishing us goodnight in an insert scene, back to Jim's Kermit again!

There's not much he can do about it. But that's what I'm talking about when I refer to the Steve/Kermit issue (and what most others are Actually, what I want to know is why do John and Brian Henson voice most of Richard's characters today. Wouldn't it make more sense to give them to a relative of Richard, such as Adam? Just my thoughts on this.
Surprisingly, Adam didn't sound that much like Richard, from what I heard. Granted, it was only one line. Matt Vogel voiced Scooter for Muppet RaceMania -- I wonder why he wasn't involved with VMMCM? (Maybe conflicts with filming Sesame, or an inability to fit additional puppeteers in the budget.)

BTW, about the video: yes, that's the elusive "Temptation" number on "The Kermit and Piggy Story." If you can't find it to rent, your best bet is to scour flea markets and garage sales. I've found lots of Muppet videos (including that one) that way. They only cost a couple of bucks (or less) apiece. If that doesn't work, there's always the Time-Life video, vol. 15. Good luck! :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sound clip of Matt's Scooter? I'd love to hear a comparison.

I think Brian took over Scooter because he's been practicing him. I mean, what a great surpirse for the fans! After years of not hearing or even seeing Scooter he comes back full force! :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Not only is the voice similar, but he has the same spirit and gestures. Not perfect, but as good as it gets. Brian does the character much justice. Big shoes to fill, but Brian Henson has been filling some mighty big shoes for years. :wink: :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Chilly Down
Surprisingly, Adam didn't sound that much like Richard, from what I heard. Granted, it was only one line. Matt Vogel voiced Scooter for Muppet RaceMania -- I wonder why he wasn't involved with VMMCM? (Maybe conflicts with filming Sesame, or an inability to fit additional puppeteers in the budget.)

BTW, about the video: yes, that's the elusive "Temptation" number on "The Kermit and Piggy Story." If you can't find it to rent, your best bet is to scour flea markets and garage sales. I've found lots of Muppet videos (including that one) that way. They only cost a couple of bucks (or less) apiece. If that doesn't work, there's always the Time-Life video, vol. 15. Good luck! :smile:
Are you kidding?! I'll probably be old before I get that one! Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea. My brother goes to flea markets a lot to look for Ninja Turtles stuff, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to look around for Muppet video.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Are you kidding?! I'll probably be old before I get that one! Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea. My brother goes to flea markets a lot to look for Ninja Turtles stuff, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to look around for Muppet video.
Yes! Flea markets rock!

-Kim