Well, I finally heard Steve's Statler

WiGgY

Reaction score
I definatly think JHC has the full intention of bringing back Scooter. Why else would he have been in AVMMC? I'm sure Rizzo could have taken his place. But no! They brought back Scooter! I love the way Brian performers Scooter and I think Brian's main characters from now on will be Scooter, Sal, maybe Janice, and Dr. Phil van Neuter.

I don't think they would have brought Scooter back just to take him away again. I mean, he had more lines than Rizzo!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm not mad at you fine folks. I just got told that I had too many smileys in my post. When I clicked back to the message, the whole thing was GONE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

OK, let's try again. Short version this time.

Wiggy, I think there's a MUCH bigger difference between Jim's and Steve's Kermit than there is between Richard's and Jerry's Statler. Not that I think Steve should give up Kermit. I've come to accept all the performers in their new roles; it's like two different actors playing James Bond. I agree that it was great that so many classic characters were used in VMMCM, and I'm willing to put up with less-than-vocal-perfection for that. I'm also all for more Dr. Teeth and Rowlf, and for a return of Kevin's JHH characters!

I'm not even against Steve as Statler per se. I stated recently in another thread that I wished Steve had inherited all of Richard's characters rather than Jim's, because I think they're overall a much better vocal match. Ironically, I got shouted down for that! LOL! My point is, these people have inherited these characters now, and it seems awfully rude to "bump" them just because a fill-in did a better job in some people's eyes.

BTW, I don't think taking Statler away from Jerry would mean seeing more of the rest of his characters. On the contrary, JHC hardly ever calls him in except to play Statler. (Think MFS.) If Jerry loses Statler too, we probably won't see ANY of the other characters. I hope I'm wrong about that, but...

Incidentally, I do respect everyone's opinions, and I'm sorry if this buyout thing has me sounding a little :grouchy: in my posts.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think MFS is one instance where Jerry didn't do much but look at MTI. I think Jerry did a lot in that movie as well as MCC and MT. He also did AVMMC with voice overs. I mean, we didn't need Robin in there but they still put him in.

I d agree that there is a difference between Steve's and Jim's Kermit, but it's not that much bigger than Jerry's and Richard's Statler. And I don't think it would be rude to give Steve Statler. I'm sure Jerry would totaly understand and I think Steve has proven to be a great performer. If they went to Jerry and said, "Go away old man you suck." Then yes it would be rude.

The fact is Jerry doesn't suck though. He's great! He's very talented and has a very distinctive voice. He's just not the best person for Statler. If Steve doing Statler meant Jerry going away then I don't think it's worth it at all though. I'm sure Jerry would be needed for all kinds of characters besides Statler though. When there is a new show Jerry will most definatly be the annoucer and I'm sure many of his characters will be on the show as well.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It's weird that people still have a problem with Steve's Kermit. I guess it's his puppateering that needs work. He's really got the voice down. Still, it never bothered me. (Well, except maybe the first time Steve did Kermit. Other than that I'm pretty much used to it.)

I'm not even against Steve as Statler per se. I stated recently in another thread that I wished Steve had inherited all of Richard's characters rather than Jim's, because I think they're overall a much better vocal match. Ironically, I got shouted down for that! LOL! My point is, these people have inherited these characters now, and it seems awfully rude to "bump" them just because a fill-in did a better job in some people's eyes.
I see what you're saying. After all, look at Beaker.

Actually, what I want to know is why do John and Brian Henson voice most of Richard's characters today. Wouldn't it make more sense to give them to a relative of Richard, such as Adam? Just my thoughts on this.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that much and I still don't know how Richard's Piggy sounds, but that is food for thought. If that were the case though, poor Eric might be out of work. :sympathy:
I jsy rented an Old Muppet Video from my liebary caslled "The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story" and theres a skit with Kermit haveing a Muppet coris and miss Piggy (a VEARY uglly looking one, lol, i know thats when she 1st starred:big_grin: ) and sh ekeeps on coming in to the for frunt. Or at least i THINK its Richard's Piggy!!?:excited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmmm. That sounds like the "Temptation" number. I'll have to look for that video.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

Nothing about that video on Amazon or Ebay. I have a feeling it will probably be hard to find.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I found it!

I found it. You can purchase it online at blockbuster.com. Thanks for the info, Muppets1985.

Unfortunately, they say it's currently unavailable for any video purchase. :frown: I guess I should see if I could at least rent it.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by Muppets1985
I jsy rented an Old Muppet Video from my liebary caslled "The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story" and theres a skit with Kermit haveing a Muppet coris and miss Piggy (a VEARY uglly looking one, lol, i know thats when she 1st starred:big_grin: ) and sh ekeeps on coming in to the for frunt. Or at least i THINK its Richard's Piggy!!?:excited:
Yup, sounds like the Tempation number (from the Juliet Prowse episode) to me. And for the record, it was both Richard's and Frank's Piggy. Frank did much of her speaking dialogue while Richard did the song.

Ok, show of hands...who else thinks Scooter is going to end up becoming Brian's most important character?
I'd cast my vote, but I think it might be just slightly biased...:wink:

Actually, what I want to know is why do John and Brian Henson voice most of Richard's characters today. Wouldn't it make more sense to give them to a relative of Richard, such as Adam? Just my thoughts on this.
The reason that makes the most sense to me is time constraints. Adam Hunt obviously had the time to do voice-over work for Scooter in MFS (Steve did the actual puppeteering for the character if I recall correctly). Plus in MFS Scooter only had one line. In IAVMMC Scooter was seen and heard more, and Adam may not have had the time to come in and record the voice for the movie. The same could very well be true for the new television show. Plus, I'd imagine it was a bit difficult for Adam performing a character that was so much his brother.

(and I'd still like to know just how Scooter came to be one of Brian's characters)

Richard would be happy all his characters are finally in good hands.
Well, of course we don't know what Richard's exact wishes regarding his characters were. I like to think that he'd be pleased that his characters are continuing on, even though a few of them haven't been heard from in a long time. I think he'd be understanding about that, too.

-Kim