Well, I guess it's officially over

Vic Romano

Reaction score
No! I won't do it! I'll hold out all year!!!! *sigh* — my tree will be coming down Saturday. :frown:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
another thing that left with the holidays is my part time job, I was only seasonal help, now I'm looking for a job again

Vic Romano

Reaction score
We just took our tree and decorations down Monday. My wife was happy to have the apartment back to normal, and I thought I 'd be more disappointed, but in truth; it's the whole Christmas spirit, the atmosphere I miss. Basically I miss everyone else's decorations, especially the mall. :sympathy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well... it's the 19th day of the year, and Christmas is the 359th day of the year, but the holiday season officially starts on black Friday, which is the 328th day of the year, so that means 309 days till the decorations go back up! :excited: I can wait.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I hate christmas. Maybe it's okay for all of the people who celebrate it because of being religious, or maybe people liek christmas because they like the time of year with all the decorations, etc.

But I don't like it at all. Too many people spend a lot of money on crap. One guy boght an ipod that was over 200 hundred dollars for his son. What in the world?? Another woman was buying her 11 year old son a cell phone. An 11 year old!!!

People spend so much money and then once they get their credit card bill statements in the mail come mid to late january, they are in debt and won't recover until the summer time. And then christmas comes again, people spend too much money, and then they get in debt again.

You know my parents kept on asking me what I wanted for christmas and I kept on telling them nothing. I don't need anything right now.

And don't get me started on christmas music. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! After a week you get tired of listening to the same old junk. Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, Let It Snow, Twelve Days Of Christmas, I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas, and others.......I was so glad when radio stations went back to playing regular music.

ryan

Convincing John

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
At night I like to lay down underneath the tree with the lights on and look up at it. It's so peaceful and reminds me of when I was a little kid. Laugh all you want but you know you're gonna' try it tonight too if you haven't already! :wink:
Hey, I always liked doing that, too!

But this year, taking down the stuff was super easy. Here's why:

Usually every year we put up our (fake) tree and load it full with the decorations and lights and all that stuff, but this year was different. This summer, we had two new (and very energetic) additions to the family.

(Insert vintage Sesame "Dollhouse" clip)
"What's that? Small pitter-pats..."
"One, two! Two kitty cats!"

Yep! My parents got two new kittens, and they are into everything! LOL! We knew if we put up a tree, they would do Red Fraggle-type gymnastics among the antique ornaments and lights.

So...no big tree this year. But there was an alternative, which I think Jim would approve of. I went out to the backyard and broke a little twig off of one of our trees. I then brought it back in, taped an adhesive bow to it, and ta-da! Our very own Christmas branch...just like Emmett Otter's! (only a lot smaller).

But I had to put it in the one place the cats couldn't get to. I Scotch-taped the "Christmas branch" (or more accurately, the Christmas twig) to one of the blades on the ceiling fan.

So, this holiday season, our family gathered together, opened presents and celebrated Christmas beneath the "Christmas Twig". Like I said, it was super easy to take down after Christmas!

:smile:

Convincing John