Well its official- Mississippi will be my new home

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I just got word from my Fiancee that after he graduates from the Air Force Academy (and we marry June 2), I will be moving to Mississippi for 2 years. Ive never been to that part of the country (Im from Colorado) so this should be interesting. Anyone who lives there or used to live there wanna give me some pointers? (you know, good playces to go, things to see, things to watch out for, so on and so forth)

I have to say Im a bit scared! :embarrassed: Ive never really been out of Colorado...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, Mississippi: Jim Henson country! This SHOULD be interesting, I understand Mississippi is very rural and somewhat swampy; I wish you the best of luck because I honestly don't think I'd want to live any furthur south than I already am... I think maybe because that Colin Mochrie quote is etched in my mind: "we gotta go north 'cause that's where taste is!"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what it will be like. But don't be scared! I'm sure it will work out. Plus you guys will be newlyweds so it's like you get to start new. **giant hugs** Think of it as a new exciting chapter to your life.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, Moving to a new place or moving out of the only place you have ever known can be a scary thing. But I'm sure do just fine adjusting, though.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh! My cousin grew up in Colorado, and now lives in... Hm, I think she's in Georgia now, but she was in North Carolina for a while. Not exactly Mississippi, but it is a lot further south-east than Colorado. She seems to like it. From what I've heard, she doesn't mind the warmer weather, and upon visiting Colorado again after the move, has decided that it's awfully barren compared to where she now lives. Don't know if that'll help you at all, but... <shrug>

Anyway- here's to lots of happiness for you! <Hugs!>

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I forgot that its Jim Henson country (that makes me a bit happier):smile:

Im going to miss my moutains (and always knowing what way is west...)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
Im going to miss my moutains (and always knowing what way is west...)
How do you know which way is west? Oh, are the mountains to your west?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
How do you know which way is west? Oh, are the mountains to your west?
yep! and you can see them from just about anywhere (unless your really far east) but I live along the front range

see- this is the view from my house/ back yard

Summer-http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/krazedmuppet/PA210023.jpg
Winter-http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/krazedmuppet/PC030014.jpg

The winter picture hides the moutians a bit- but both of these are taken from the same spot, just one picture is slightly to the left of the other

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wow, Colorado is a lot more beautiful than I realized!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I use to know which way that west was all the time, too because I used to like right across the street from one of the appilation mountians which were directly in a west ward position from where I lived.