Well its official- Mississippi will be my new home

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ooh, I've always wanted to visit Calorado; it sounds so beautiful! But that's neither here nor there; I'm sure you'll love Mississippi, too! Good luck, and if you ever get too nerveous, just take a walk and imagine Jim is with you.
:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Goodluck on your move. Like MrsPepper said, atleast you and your husband will be together. You'll help each other to adjust.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
The funny thing about Colorado is everyone seems to think its full of cowboys and horses... when they are really few and far between! (more horses than real/wanna-be cowboys though)

pepperwink

Reaction score
I think you will like it in Mississippi. There is a lot of history there. I grew up there so I guess I am biased. What part of MS are you moving to? If you are close to Holly Springs you should drive through and see all the old plantation homes. They are some of the few buildings that weren't lost during the Civil War.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't forget, I was born and bred in Mississippi. Born in Oxford, raised in Holly Springs for 16 years of my life. I used to play around those old antebellum houses. The event that lets you in the houses is called The Pilgrimage. My spelling may be bad.

Wait---Pepperwink? I'm in Memphis, too!! I live over behind the University of Memphis.

wes

Reaction score
Ok, Krazedmuppet be prepared for a culture shock!! My family is Origanally from Miss. and they are Hick in the worst way were talking about Country!! As far as I'm concerned Miss. is the Deepest South you can go! But all in all there real nice people, just sort of red neck-ish way! It's not as bad as Alabama! On the plus side you'll be able to get sweet tea were ever you go, and good BBQ!! The Foods Great!!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I know somebody from Mississippi, she's the sweetest thing(there's no way I'll ever get a woman like the one I'm talking to, but that's another story for another time) You'll have to ask her about it, she lived in Jackson, but is now in Holly Springs, I believe. She goes to school there, if I remember correctly. But, there's nothing wrong with Mississippi, just don't expect many tourist. If all people down there are as nice and sweet as the woman that I know, then you couldn't find a nicer state(other than Ohio, but that's just my opinion)

Daniel

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
pepperwink said:
I think you will like it in Mississippi. There is a lot of history there. I grew up there so I guess I am biased. What part of MS are you moving to? If you are close to Holly Springs you should drive through and see all the old plantation homes. They are some of the few buildings that weren't lost during the Civil War.
Columbus