Well, now I've seen everything...

Misskermie

Reaction score
Now you're not the only one who's seen it all!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Haha I saw this too.... I think it's funny how "bacon" has become a fad. My local candy store has a whole shelf dedicated to bacon-related candies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think this steals the prize from the Kiss coffin :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just when I thought people's obsession with bacon wasn't odd enough... :eek:
I don't even get half the bacon stuff. Is it supposed to be some subtle satire of how we eat crappy stuff that makes us fat? Some sort of comfort food thing? Is it that hipster irony? Or is it some dumb foodie thing to shove something considered low class into every high end food? What the heck's going on with this?

I just don't get everything now. I can't distinguish between something being cool for being nostalgic or cool for being ironic or a mix of the two. What's with the ugly facial hair all the sudden? And grilled cheese and feetie pajamas? I usually can pick up on some weird fad and see how it works, but everything's in some big blob of indistinguishable irony/nostalgia/ironic nostalgia/nostalgic irony.

Or maybe it's the next insufferable food based fad. Yeah... like Pesto and chipotle and food that's blue.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Bacon is a food-based fad. Basically, it started with a few teenagers saying things like "bacon is awesome", and "I wish I had bacon on everything", which was then caught wind of by manufacturers, who decided to market bacon-themed products to teenagers.

I can't speak for the ugly facial hair, but I don't think grilled cheese has ever gone out of style. As for footie pajamas, it's a nostalgia thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bacon is a food-based fad. Basically, it started with a few teenagers saying things like "bacon is awesome", and "I wish I had bacon on everything", which was then caught wind of by manufacturers, who decided to market bacon-themed products to teenagers.

It's actually more of a man thing... Sort of how like yogurt is for women. One of those lame marketing generalizations.

Not that I dislike bacon at all. It just seems that, even though it does go with everything, that combination has been around for decades. Bacon on cheeseburgers, bacon in salads... stuff like that.

It's the bacon flavored cupcakes that bug the crap out of me.