Well, now I've seen everything...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's actually more of a man thing... Sort of how like yogurt is for women. One of those lame marketing generalizations.
I can't stand that generalization with yogurt, since it prevents yogurt from being sold in anything larger than like a two-spoonful serving size, unless you want to get one of those yukky giant things of plain yogurt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't stand that generalization with yogurt, since it prevents yogurt from being sold in anything larger than like a two-spoonful serving size, unless you want to get one of those yukky giant things of plain yogurt.
I hate the artificially flavored aspartain (SP?) flavored Yogurts. I used to, but all the sudden, I prefer the much more realistic flavor of "Fruit on the bottom."

Though the two spoonful thing comes from the deceptive practice of shrinking everything so they can charge the same price without having to raise it. It affects dairy products mostly. Ice Cream, too.

But I hate how they market yogurt as a woman's thing. Especially the blatant "I gotta keep thin or I won't meet Mr. Too Good To be True" diet food angle. Or even worse... those ones where women just bond over Yogurt and say how it's better than ANYTHING that isn't a stereotype.

I miss Columbo Yogurt... too bad they went bankrupt. it was refreshing to see their commercials. They had the old couple that used to own the company talking about it. Commercials that tell you what a thing does. Kermit was revolutionary.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The "fruit on the bottom" ones are better, but I'll eat any kind of yogurt. Except blueberry. I hate blueberry.

Those commercials are especially bad, and it's the same sort of thing with stuff like Special K or any other "healthy" cereal. I saw a commercial a while back for Crunchy Nut Crunch or something where some woman was troubled by the fact that it was the evening and that it wasn't time for cereal, so she reasoned that since it was morning in China she could eat cereal and then put on one of those Dragon heads. Aside from the fact that it's rather patronizing, why can't people just eat what they want when they want?

Teheheman

Reaction score
You know what they need? Bacon flavored Yogurt. The best of both gendered worlds. But bacon IS awesome!

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what they need? Bacon flavored Yogurt. The best of both gendered worlds. But bacon IS awesome!

Daniel
Burnt pieces of meat flecks in sour dairy... doesn't sound half as good as bacon cheese, though.

That was my favorite kind of yogurt when I was a kid.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Fads amuse me or disgust me...but patronizing, gender-based ads REALLY tick me off. At a great company called Northern Sun (www.northernsun.com) they used to have t-shirts with 1950s-era art of a man and a woman, saying, respectively, "Don't assume I fix things," and "Don't assume I cook." Now THAT'S a good ad campaign. (Of course, a little off-topic, but my fave art from that site is on a t-shirt: a 1950s, idealized family group around a television, and the newsman on it claims: "Experts agree: everything is fine!")

I still like footie pjs, but only when it's cold...
-----------------

Teheheman

Reaction score
Lazy advertisers. I can't imagine too much thought was put into that campaign.
Nah, they probably didn't wanna offend anybody so they just put random music in there. Cause you know if they put anything that sounds close to Chinese-type music, people now are gonna cry racism..............but that's for another post.

Daniel