What are your favorite cartoons?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
As one of the world's biggest SB fans, you two make me very happy.

:big_grin:
:halo: *imagines Byron banging on the doors of Media Play or some such establishment in the wee hours of September 7th, begging to be let in...* :crazy:
Erin

Gremlin

Reaction score
Maleficent was a terrific villian She was cold and cruel,she had magic powers,a pet crow and a group of goblin henchman.now that I think about it,could she have been some how related to the Goblin king?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gremlin said:
Maleficent was a terrific villian She was cold and cruel,she had magic powers,a pet crow and a group of goblin henchman.now that I think about it,could she have been some how related to the Goblin king?
I always thought the crow was kinda cool. An interesting character. But not really comedic as so many Disney villain henchmen are. He was pretty sinister, but I was sorry to see him turn to stone.
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I always thought the crow was kinda cool. An interesting character. But not really comedic as so many Disney villain henchmen are. He was pretty sinister, but I was sorry to see him turn to stone.
Erin
Yeah, the Raven is kinda cool. Even though he's bad, one book says, "...but more than one child in the average audience will secretly shed a tear when Merryweather turns him into stone."

A minor character, but so well done and complex...cool...

And when we were kids, my older sister used to tell me that the raven was Maleficent's brother, but she turned him into a raven. Thanks a lot! lol! :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, the Raven is kinda cool. Even though he's bad, one book says, "...but more than one child in the average audience will secretly shed a tear when Merryweather turns him into stone."

A minor character, but so well done and complex...cool...
I was debating whether the proper term for the character was a "crow" or "raven"; couldn't remember if it said for sure one way or another in the movie. I shall defer to the expert! :wink:

And when we were kids, my older sister used to tell me that the raven was Maleficent's brother, but she turned him into a raven. Thanks a lot! lol! :stick_out_tongue:
LOL!!!! :crazy: Ah, the joys of big sisterhood...
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I was debating whether the proper term for the character was a "crow" or "raven"; couldn't remember if it said for sure one way or another in the movie. I shall defer to the expert! :wink:
Lol, yeah, he's never specifically referred to in the film, but that's how he's always referred to in the books---and, on rare occasions, he's called "Diablo". :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, he's never specifically referred to in the film, but that's how he's always referred to in the books---and, on rare occasions, he's called "Diablo". :wink:
Cool. That seems like an appropriate name!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Have any of you ever heard of the show "Funky Cops"? My brother discovered it last week, and we're watching it now. It's a crazy cartoon set in the seventies about these two cops obsessed with disco and their hair. In this episode there's an evil opera-loving guy with a secret society of people who all speak in opera and are trying to end disco. Aiding him is Super Disco Slick, a hair gel he devised that makes people violently sick. Anyway, this show is really wacky! It's way over the top and totally cornball, but it's fun to watch! :crazy: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Have any of you ever heard of the show "Funky Cops"? My brother discovered it last week, and we're watching it now. It's a crazy cartoon set in the seventies about these two cops obsessed with disco and their hair. In this episode there's an evil opera-loving guy with a secret society of people who all speak in opera and are trying to end disco. Aiding him is Super Disco Slick, a hair gel he devised that makes people violently sick. Anyway, this show is really wacky! It's way over the top and totally cornball, but it's fun to watch! :crazy: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Funky Cops is my favorite new show of the season... don't know what it says about me.

It's very 70's oriented, and it really satirizes 70's culture. There is at least one car chase scene per episode, and it even has a funk track a la "Shaft." A lot of celebrities are cleverly parodied in this show, Iggy Pop, Paul Williams, even Cheech Marin (this character is called Bugaloo, and in one episode he was driving a school bus).

One episode was about a bunch of hippies protesting a series of buildings, and one hippy is trying to destroy it. Jack and Ace (the two cops) go under cover as hippies and construction workers (they don't do it together... they alternate) and Ace fits in in both scenarios (Jack doesn't) They find out the hippy trying to demolish the building is actually the guy who commissioned it in the first place who was going to use the insurance money to build more buildings.