What are your favorite cartoons?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I remember having Action Figures of this cartoon but can't recall that i watched it. Bucky O' Hare and the Toad Wars. I had nearly all of them. Does anyone remember that cartoon or action figures?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
read up on the sonic series.

I read that 52 episodes were ordered quite a few! can't wait to see it, I sure hope it's good and lasts through time!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Luke said:
I'm also a massive supporter of the Racoons ! There was talk of some new shows but nothings happened. I'd love DVD's though.
Hi Luke, yeah remember that site I showed you, I haven't heard of that though, it would be cool if they could do a new special or something, sadly the shows not even on in the US anymore, last time i saw it on tv was either 3 or 4 years ago during the summer on a candaian channle that I get in the US.

If they could make new shows I wonder who would do the voices, i don't know whos passed on or not or if they are still doing voice work?I guess there would be new voices if they ever did do anything?

Len Carlson- (voiced Bert Raccoon and also voiced two of the pigs and Mr Konx the Gator) I know he voices the old grandpa robot on that Disney Roly poly oily show now or recently.

Michael Magee- (voiced Cyril Sneer and his arddvark/dog like pet Snag) I don't know if he's still around, i can't find much on the net

Carl Banas (Shaffer the dog and Mr. Mammoth "the rino") He voiced Sweetums in the Frog price I belive! yet that was long ago.

Susan Roman (Melissa Raccoon)

Bob Dermer (Ralph Raccoon and Lady Baden-Baden "the big hen") I know he also voiced Gumpy Bear on Care Bears, but that was in the 80's too, he also voiced a puppet raccoon on Mr. Dress up.

(Sharon Lewis)Broo the puppy and Sofia

Marvin Goldhar (Cedric Sneer) I think he passed on a few years ago :sympathy:

Nick Nichols (as Pig # one)

these would be all the main voices needed with a few side characters I think.

zack,

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You know what, I was just thinking, we need another "all toon" channle

I like how Cartoon network later lanched Boomarang after they got rid of most of the classic stuff and started "cartoon cartoons" and adult swim and stuff, but i would like an all 80's cartoon channle, Disney made toon disney which I think was a great idea, but i guess it's always changing with newer junk disney cartoons as they don't play the Wuzzles, raw toonage, or Gummi Bears anymore as well as a few other older cartoons they used to play i guess that's due to a lack of episodes but i think it was okay to play them once a week, I don't know why they got rid of Gummi Bears though.

if we could get an all 80's channle that would be great!

with classic Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles and GhostBusters, Heathcliff, Garfeild and Friends, The Raccoons, all the Mario Cartoons, Care Bears, Pond Puppies, the Smurfs, Inspector Gaget, Denver the last dinosaure,Dennis the Mennis,Muppet Babies, and if disney could join in with DuckTales and other 80's cartoons, maybe play a few of the early 90's cartoons as well, i think it would be a great channle...now how much would it cost?...... :smile: :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
now how much would it cost?...... :smile: :wink:
A heck of a lot, so it seems. The trouble is that TV is changing a lot at the moment. A few years ago, it took a lot to start up a Satellite/Cable TV channel and so the companies behind the ideas that were any good were major players in the industry with major backing. Nowdays (especially in the UK right now with Digital Satellite) it takes considerably less money to be able to broadcast on TV but the people who buy and run the channels don't have the money that most of the studios ask for to be able to show any of their old shows. Yet, the studios/production companies just have a lot of this stuff sitting around in a vault not doing anything. You'd think they'd be of the opinion that it's better to make something from the shows rather than nothing, however small - but they don't seem to view it like that. DIC for one, have loads of the old 80's stuff - and Hallmark/Crown Media or whatever it is now have a lot too. Of course DIC are now owned by Disney and they aren't going to bother themselves with dealing with the rights for this stuff just for a small payday so it's not in their interests when they can be making new stuff and only dealing with the bigger companies who want things. So basically, the only real hope is if one of the big players in media (someone like Nickelodeon or WB) decided to launch a channel like this and heavily promoted it - and i reckon it'd be very popular with students sitting at home and also young kids alike who might get into some of the stuff. I've actually talked to a few people in the UK about doing this kind of channel on a small low budget basis but it's all down to the companies wanting so much for the rights that makes it near impossible. If that changes, ya never know !

Lu775

Reaction score
Simpsons
Batman: The animated series
Earth Worm Jim
Freakazoid
Roger Ramjet
George of the Jungle/Super Chicken/Tom Slick
Looney Toons
Superfriends
X-men: Evolution
The filmation cartoons of batman, tarzan, lone ranger, aquaman
Dexter's Lab
Clone High
Fairly Odd Parents
Justice League

umm, pretty much any cartoon that's funny, or has superheroes.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
if we could get an all 80's channle that would be great!

with classic Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles and GhostBusters, Heathcliff, Garfeild and Friends, The Raccoons, all the Mario Cartoons, Care Bears, Pond Puppies, the Smurfs, Inspector Gaget, Denver the last dinosaure,Dennis the Mennis,Muppet Babies, and if disney could join in with DuckTales and other 80's cartoons, maybe play a few of the early 90's cartoons as well, i think it would be a great channle...now how much would it cost?...... :smile: :wink:
That would be awesome! There were so many great cartoons in the '80s. I used to spend half the day Saturday watching cartoons; now Saturday morning cartoons don't seem to be anything special at all. And we always watched shows like Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles after school. They were great! Is there a website or anything with The Raccoons on it? They sound really familiar, and I want to see if I recognize them...
Erin

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Luke! Yeah I would think it would do well, everybody's always talking about how 80's cartoons were so great, and then it's also helpful for younger kids who have never seen the shows before. we all know stuff like Gumby, ALF, Care Bears and Muppet Babies ect... have new stuff in stores, it would help sell even better if the shows were actualy still on! I mean when I see stuff like that in stores it makes me feel like they are promoting the old show coming back to tv or even a new one starting, but of coures old & classic is a better idea. I wish comeone could do with these shows on what they are doing with Ren and Stimpy. they have a new cartoon out yet they still show the old one and now lot of new stuff is coming to stores. of coures I really don't want a new show of everything but I think ya know what I mean. :big_grin:

zack,

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yep that's the one Luke! you can download songs and specails from that site, sometimes The Raccoons are kinda forgotten by people, but once you see a pic of Cyril Sneer or Bert Raccoon, you go (to put it like Camllia) gaa gaa!

The songs on that show were amazing! it's just like Fraggle rock on how the music was so good, this show had great 80's music! It's got that same kinda peace and happiness that Fraggle Rock had and another one of those show that in my mind could help change the world! I hope they come to DVD!