What CD's are you looking forward to getting?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Got the CD today! What a wonderful soundtrack overall... But that track is definitely a standout! ***sigh*** *begs Sam's forgiveness for current obsession with Pippin* :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I forgive you.

Ryan

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I wouldn't mind getting that. Of course, I don't have the original "Let it Be" album either, so which one do I go for?? :confused: I think this sounds really cool, though, and truer to their original intentions.
Erin
Yeah, I really want this, being a huge Beatles fan. The CD is about 13-15 bucks at places like WalMart.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just found out that Billy Boyd composed the melody of the song he sings in RotK himself. The words are Tolkien's, or nearly; there is a slight alteration to the final lines, but mainly it's the tone that's completely different. In its original context, it was the last verse of an old walking song by Bilbo and was a lively, merry song, but in the film, with the melancholy melody, Boyd's chilling delivery, and the events surrounding it, the song is completely subverted. It's quite amazing what they did with it, and I'm even more impressed by Billy than before... :flirt:
Erin

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Really? Didn't know that. I love that song, it makes me want to cry :embarrassed:

Anyway, the most recent CD I bought was Spirited Away. I love that movie :smile: I don't buy CDs these days unless I really, really like it :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
bazooka_beak said:
Really? Didn't know that. I love that song, it makes me want to cry :embarrassed:

Anyway, the most recent CD I bought was Spirited Away. I love that movie :smile: I don't buy CDs these days unless I really, really like it :stick_out_tongue:
I know, me too!! :cry: What a great scene. I still haven't seen "Spirited Away." I'd like to. It's on my list!
Erin

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The new album by Five for Fighting comes out next month, and I for one cannot wait. 100 Years is, I swear, one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So, did anyone pick up the new Five for Fighting? I hadn't gotten to hear any of the music from it (even 100 Years), but I really liked it on first listen. Glad I picked it up!

Do they have another album besides this one and America Town?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Thanks! I listened to the new album again today, and I really enjoyed it.