What do you know about dreams?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Most of the time, i don't remember my dreams. I may remember it right after i wake up from one but after falling back asleep and waking up again, it's usually forgotten. I may remember the fact i had a dream and even that it was a nightmare or very horrifying or disturbing but i almost never remember them for long.

But there is one very big exception which ties in with something that i've always heard about dreams. I've always heard that it was impossible to die in a dream. Well i had a dream last year where i did die. I was in a car accident in the dream and i had gone from experiencing everything in the first person to then looking at myself in the third person like my spirit had left my body. Once it dawned on me what happened, i thought "This CAN'T be a dream - i always heard you can't die in a dream" and the most disturbing part of all was that i actually tried very hard to open my eyes and wake up (i think by that point it became a bit of a lucid dream as i could simultaneously sense being asleep and the dream experience) - and my eyes wouldn't open and i couldn't wake up. That was really terrifying and the combination of that weird horror to having a lifelong belief being proven untrue caused me to still remember that one to this day.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've been to Heaven, Heck, and everywhere in between. I've attended other people's Judgement Days and I've attended mine (and the weird part was Mr. Hooper arbitrated mine, LOL). I've met God, Satan, and just about everyone else, even prophets from other religions.

The best part, though, was when my younger brother dreamt he died and went to Heaven (something everyone tends to tell him isn't going to happen): He dreamt the Way was a hallway with 2 doors, and he had to pick the "right" one. He was VERY mad at me, because it confirmed his worst fears: God is Jareth, LOL. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too have dreamt I was in "Heck" before as well, and there were two things strange about the dream...

1. Instead of having to deal with Satan, the "host" was Hades (from Disney's Hercules), and
2. He had a "hole" in the "ceiling" that he wanted me to look through, so I did, and through the hole, I could see right into the kitchen, where my mom was at the dining table reading the paper, and I was shocked that "Heck" was THAT close to the Earth's surface.

I'm not sure if I ever had a dream where I was dead actually, but I have had a dream once where I had an out-of-body experience of sorts... it was almost like out of A Christmas Carol: this little spirit visited me and wanted to show me something, but I objected saying I was mortal and could not fly, but she took my hand, and the next thing I knew I was flying with her through the night skies, then she took me to a grocery store, where I saw myself stealing a bunch of free samples (and I have actually sdone that before when I was younger, lol).

Of course, that was just a dream, but I've actually had encounters with spirits before, IRL. It is rather eerie.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Never posted here before but my current dreams just have me confused to "heck"

Recently all my dreams involve Bears..i dont get it, they all start out "normal"...(as normal as a julio dream can be) but then at one point BAM bears..sometimes im the bear sometimes bears show up sometimes i turn into a a bear and fight others bears..once it was my puppet Kody i honestly have no idea

Bears?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
if they have been i was unaware but its been going on for 2 weeks now...im not complaining just out right confused

dwmckim

Reaction score
Can one be a Muppet Freak and NOT dream about bears? Our subconscious is chock ful of "Bear left, Right frog"'s, "Good grief, the comedian's a...", babies, Bobo's and Big Blue Houses that i'd be surprised if bears weren't manifesting themselves in my dreams.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, as a Muppet Freak, I'm rully surprised I haven't had more Muppet-related dreams before in the past.

Seriously, I can't even think of any Muppet dreams I've had in my life... I've had at least ONE SST dream, I think, where Zoe is kidnapped by somebody who'd be suited better as a Bond Villain, but that's about it. :smirk:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------
Irritated because all of mine lately seem to be disjointed action adventures with no point to them, and not enough to make stories out of. Also, some of them seem to be repeats... sheesh...my brain thinks it's on summer hiatus!
----------------------------------------