1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What do you know about dreams?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 23, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ahaha, I had one of my most interesting dreams last night... I was actually working for Jim!

Unfortunately, I wasn't like a performer or a builder or anything like that, it seemed like I was more of an office boy or something, like an intern or something... I just remember there were talks about some kind of silly little office pool going around, and Jim reached into his pocket, and pulled out a mess of quarters, which he handed to me and told me he was adding an additional however many cents to his placement in the pool, and asked me to drop off his funds for him on his behalf, which I tld him I would (I don't think the stakes were very high if everybody was oly betting change), but as I made my way to where the pool was being held, I thought that Jim didn't even tell me exactly how much of his change he wanted me to put in the pool, and I certainly didn't want to put down all of those quarters if he was expecting me to return with some, so I started to make my way back to his office to ask for a confirmation on his bet, and the rest if kind of a blur.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's funny, reading through this thread and seeing everyone's stories of extremely vivid dreams made me realize that I haven't been able to remember my dreams for the past few months or so. I used to have rather spacey, fragmented dreams, but I could grab onto parts of them, like for awhile I always dreamed about going shopping. But I cannot remember my dreams anymore, and I can't entirely figure out why. I always wake up at least once in the middle of the night, will be aware I just had a dream, fall back asleep, and then have no recollection in the morning of the dreams. I think it's either because some medication I'm taking is affecting my brain in ways I don't understand, or that the act of not falling out of my lofted bed in my dorm room takes up too much brainpower.
  3. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

I have REALLY weird dreams. One night I dreamed about a guy in creepy pink bunny suit, who drove around singing a song that would bring about the end of the world itself if you listened it. And the Tenth Doctor kept showing up trying to get rid of it. I don't even watch Doctor Who...
    And I basically had this dream 3 times in the same night. Maybe it was a warning about something? XD But it was a while ago.

Snowth, your dreams sound awesome. I'd love to have more dreams like that.
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------------
    David Tennant vs evil bunnysuitguy? NEAT.

I lose a lot of dreams lately because my cat wakes me up snuggling under the blanket with me, and I have to wake up enough to shift around and push him off me...so no dream retention.
    -----------------
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

This is what I know about dreams.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Best parts of my life are when Im dreaming. Everything else is a nightmare
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

My dreams are weeeeeird. Like, very very weird. They ususally involve tornadoes of some sort, but last night I was dreaming that I was hanging over a lava pit hanging onto a cliff edge with one hand and one of R.O.B's arms with the other (as I didn't want him to get melted), and just as I was about to let go Rhinox from Beast Wars came and grabbed my hand and dragged us both up, saving us. The next few minutes were all of us in a group hug, thanking God we were safe, and then we had to book it because the place was going to explode or something.

It's not every day Rhinox appears in my dreams. :D AWESOME!
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

You too? Phew, I thought it was just me. :)
  9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEET, I'm not the only one! :D Yeah, that's been happening ever since I was seven years old and I watched 'Twister' with my folks for the first time. :)
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I really hope I have grown out of having constant tornado dreams. I haven't had any recently, but those war by far some of the scariest :o
  11. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I believe, at least with me, they symbolize tremendously stressful situations that I can't control. Now, since I'm into lucid dreaming and have been since I was a kid, I might not be able to stop a tornado in my dream but I can at least de-power it some or whatever so that it's more survivable. Even when it hits me dead on, I still have the power to make myself so resilient that all it can do is hold me to the ground until it gives out or fling me out of the way and move on.
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I had a dream two nights ago that I was being chased by something, or just running away from something (I can't really remember) and while I'm running away I turn into a bear. There was a person running away with me, and says something about do I realize that my emotions caused me to turn into a bear.

Now, transformation dreams are really common for me, but what makes this one kinda strange is that normally I know and willingly transform into something that can deal with the situation at hand. This was an unwilling transformation. Whats even weirder, is that instead of going back to face whatever it was (like most dreams involving transformations), I keep running and end up hiding and possibly start crying. Then I woke up. :confused:
  13. rbrianna

rbrianna New Member

Well I just know that we dream a lot of times every time we sleep but we barely remember them right by the time that we wake up. The key is to right what you dreamt about right after waking up so you could get a grasp of it. And people we see in our dreams are not new people that our brain creates but faces that we meet and see from our day to day life. Really amazing, quite frankly.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I've always wondered if any one else ever has this: I have a dream about a extremely scary/difficult situation, and then when I don't know what to do, I think in my dream 'is this a dream?' and then I realize it is and then if I want to I can wake myself up. I can only do this when I'm in a dangerous situation, so it probably already half wakes me up. One time I was sure it was a dream, and I was curious what would happen so I stayed asleep, then woke up when I wanted to.

Another thing I just realized: Nothing bad ever happens to me in my dreams, I get in extreme situations sometimes, yet I never get hurt in my dreams. I either wake up, or am somehow indestructible.

Taking the first paragraph further, I once had a dream where the Looney Tunes characters wanted to take my picture. It was a short, fun dream that I remembered completely, and I woke up from it and wanted to replay it, so I went back to sleep and I believe I was able to replay it. (Unless I thought I did but instead was thinking of the original). I actually think it replayed about 7 times, not sure on that though.
  15. D'Snowth

All this talk about dreaming about tornadoes, did I mention that's one of my recurring nightmares earlier in the thread? I'm sure I did, but I'm too lazy to go back through and see...
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Yeah, dreams can be weird. I've been playing too much of Sims 3. I dreamth that I saw ghosts floating around this Newark Library. They were orange reddish looking. So I just said in my mind. Oh, they just died in a fire (that's what it means when they look like that in Sims 3). One ghost looked like an old man. When the other was a half man and half horse.
  17. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    I allowed myself to actually get drunk last night (which is a rare occurrence; I may have a glass of wine with dinner, and very very rarely a mixed drink, but to actually feel inebriated is unusual) and wound up having a very nice dream. First one I can recall in, oh...when was Carter president again?? Wondering if there's any connection at all.

---------------
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

There needs to be a dream thread. I get alot of crazy ones I love to share.

Last night I dreamth that my cat Loudy died. I buried nothing but her tail it seemed. Next thing I know. I'm in this restaurant with my mom. This waitress thinks we are with this guy's group and he going to pay for our meal. Me and my mom were being bad. We were being so sneaky in letting that happen.
  19. D'Snowth

Remember to give thanks to Auld Lang Syne.
    Um, that's pretty much what this is. :p
    Hayley B likes this.
  20. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

Boy, sometimes I dream that I'm watching a television show starring me and my friends in my head.
    It's basically like a knockoff of "The Muppet Show." only with me and my friends, instead of the muppets.
    One joke from it:
    me and my cousin are showing off a cannon in a sketch, when my cousin accidentally fires it.
    Me: That thing had better been loaded with PILLOWS!