1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What do you know about dreams?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 23, 2011.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm not a very good sleeper, so I pretty much wake up after almost any dream I have anyway... the only way I KNOW I'm dreaming in the dream are those very rare occasions (I think they've only happened about three times in my life) where I was in a twilight sleep, or as some people in this thread call it, "lucid dreaming": where your senses and your body is awake and everything, but your mind is still asleep... usually when that happens, my subconscious is yelling at my mind "Wake up! Wake up!", and I can feel my eyelids TRYING to open, but for some reason, it's like their forced shut. Usually, it only happens for a couple of minutes, but this is all besides the point.

My mom seems to think that my string of strange and unpleasant dreams seem to stem from my always having a million thoughts and ideas racing through my mind at once, which is something I can't help... apparently, she thinks that a creative/artistic person's mind never settles down, and that that may have something to do with it.
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I had a really interesting dream last night, that I'm pretty sure was supposed to be really messagy, though I'm not entirely sure what prompted it, or brought it on.

I don't recall too many specific details, I just know it involved three guys, maybe around my age or a couple of years older or so... and they were really tough-looking guys, like gang bangers, or street toughs or whatever, and they almost seemed to give off that kind of vibe as well, so needless to say, not wanting any trouble, I tried to avoid them at all costs... then at the very end of the dreams, I found myself being apologetic because as it turns out, they were actually nice and helpful guys despite their outer appearances.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure the dream was supposed to have that age-old moral you can't judge a book by it's cover... now as to why the dream was had, I don't know, but I still think it's one of the more interesting dreams I've ever had.
  3. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Many dreams I usually forget quite easily, but a couple have left an impact on me.

I had this one years ago. I was in a jungle. I don't know how I got there, one moment I was in a city park, the next, this jungle. It was almost Narnia-like. I met some kids. Lots of them of different cultures and nationalities. They all lived in a village of tree houses. They too had been wisked away from their homes and had been in this jungle for many years, never ageing. Somewhere in the dream was the queen of the jungle, a black panther. I distinctly remember bad guys or pirates the kids were always fighting, like Peter Pan.

Another was from last month. I'm part of a circus, parade thing where I think I'm part of an acrobatic group, because I remember being on a hoop in the air, looking down at the crowds and other performers. I don't know how the rope was still up as it was outside at night with nothing to hang on to. The other acts include slinky man, tigers, slinky star men and shaolin monks. The scene sifted and I could see the slinky men pulling off a band heist. Among them was a failed magician, who looked like Leonard from the Big Band Theory.
  4. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It would be funny if they then started to beat you up! XD
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

I had an odd dream last night that for some reason seems to be yelling "Hey. hey, look at me, I'm important!"

I had to figure out some complex math problem for some unknown reason, so I grabbed a calculator off my desk and sat down to use it. I started by keying in the number "3" but nothing happened. So I tried again, and nothing happened. So I tried a couple other numbers and got nothing. So then I quickly went through and keyed in every button to see if any worked. The second I did that, the calculator lit up and sparks from it flew around the room.

Now here's an odd thing: I woke up after that, but only in my dream. I stayed sleeping in real life. So theoretically, you could almost say that it was me dreaming about dreaming about something.
  6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I dreamed I went to an aquarium for a class trip and the place was overrun by zombies. The people there knew about it and were just like "Don't touch the zombie and you'll be fine" and gave everyone trash bags to wear on their hands so they didn't touch anything.

I have no idea XD
    newsmanfan likes this.
  7. Hubert Well-Known Member

:smirk: Er...I suggest you quit playing those zombie aquarium raid video games, Sarge...they're affecting you're brain...
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Nah, I think its the demon killing games that have affected my brain :p
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

:smirk:
  10. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At one point last night, I had a really weird dream, let me tell you guys about it...

First there's a guy on stage, and he's lifting some rye...

Well actually, that part of the dream might be a little un-related... but it takes place in a school, and there's a big class and everything, and for some reason, Brad Loekle is one of the students, and at one point, he tries to molest me.

I think I've been watching way too much World's Dumbest lately...
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  11. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

O_0
    galagr likes this.
  12. galagr Well-Known Member

World's Dumbest will do that. I once watched an all day marathon of World's Dumbest and the same night, I had a dream featuring Loni Love, Danny Bonaduce, and Gary Busey that I'd, uh, rather not talk about.
    D'Snowth likes this.
  13. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Solution, people: watch no reality TV whatsoever! It fries neurons!

I wish I could steer my dreams more. There's a few I'd LIKE to have and can't seem to get there...
    --------------
  14. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You don't have to talk about it, it's funnier IMAGINING what those three could get themselves into!
    galagr likes this.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been asked before but you know how at the end of Wizard of Oz Dorothy insists she tried to get back home for "days and days" but it reality it probably hadn't been that long? Has anyone ever had an experience like that where a dream can feel like days but it was actually only hours?
  16. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I can do that. REM sleep can technically last a good 30-90 minutes max per cycle, so that might explain the "days and days" stuff. Anyway, the other night I dreamt I was giving birth (I was the OB nurse, not the one GIVING birth) to some baby. I didn't really pay attention to the parents.

And then I realized the infant, once born, was me! I looked up and it was my parents, roughly the way they looked back then (I've seen pics). I didn't tell them my name (I"ve seen enough BTTF movies), but the infant me suddenly grew into 2-year-old me (been playing Sims too much?), who for some bizarre reason outed me as Kelly. My parents then realized it was true and my father attacked and chased me through the house (unlike reality, this took place at one of our old houses, not a hospital), even though that level of jerkness didn't exist then. I tried to teleport out of the house when the door wouldn't budge, but I just popped back in front of the door (watching too much Beetlejuice?). However, the teleportation attempt cloaked me, and my father couldn't find me. I woke up later.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  17. mo Well-Known Member

had a dream I was at a foreign school and then was driving a car. my brother told me to brake but I had already hit the acellerator...I died....but then I woke up!
  18. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Curious if anyone has ever had a particularly gory dream, whether they died in it or not. Back in the early '90s I recall a dream where I was being chased by Freddy Krueger. I wasn't as worried about dying as I was about how much those knife-rakes were gonna HURT.

Some days I wish I could live in my dream world, even when it's dark (I don't think I've ever seen daylight in a dream...ever)...but then I realize that would make me a lunatic, and I have a great fear of being caged.
    ---------------
  19. Hubert Well-Known Member

There is something so weird happening to me lately that I want to talk about here.

See, recently, when I'm in a place I've never been before, and am in a certain position or situation there, I get this sense of deja vu, just for a second or two. And I know why...I actually dream those short moments, that brief second, and then when it actually happens, it seems familiar. It's like I'm seeing a second into the future...
  20. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Neurologists will tell you this is a brainfart, basically...a misfiring of a neuron in the memory cortex.

I personally have experienced it several times, and weirder, often that has been something I dreamed which then came true...but never anything big or useful, just a person wearing a certain sweater and standing a certain way and the topic on the blackboard being something...etc. Ah, if only I could have dream premonitions about stuff that mattered!

-------------