What do you know about dreams?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Now see, the Tom Bergeron mob makes SENSE to me....

--------------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I had a dream last night where roaches came flooding out of a hole in the ceiling (no such hole exists in real life)...It was scary :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a dream last night where roaches came flooding out of a hole in the ceiling (no such hole exists in real life)...It was scary :stick_out_tongue:
Lemme guess, you had been watching Joe's Apartment? :stick_out_tongue:

Okay, let me ask you guys something else that I've noticed about dreams... do you guys ever have dreams where you're actually pretty much just doing pretty averager, ordinary, mundane, everyday tasks/chores/whatever, yet for some reason, the dream itself has a rather trippy/nightmarish feel to it?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Lemme guess, you had been watching Joe's Apartment? :stick_out_tongue:

Okay, let me ask you guys something else that I've noticed about dreams... do you guys ever have dreams where you're actually pretty much just doing pretty averager, ordinary, mundane, everyday tasks/chores/whatever, yet for some reason, the dream itself has a rather trippy/nightmarish feel to it?
Uh...every single night. Movies which tap into that vaguely threatening surreality creep the heck out of me: Naked Lunch, Jacob's Ladder, and the "Black Lodge" sequences in "Twin Peaks" all have made me curl into a tiny little ball on whatever sofa I then occupied. MOST of my dreams are nightmarish without being straight-out nightmares.
-------------------------------------

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------
Since this is days later I don't think it counts as a double post...

A friend had a bizarre dream I appeared in a couple nights ago and I cracked up when she told me about it. This will make more sense...sort of...to anyone who's seen Stephen King's "Rose Red" (great Halloween miniseries BTW):

My friend was examining a bedroom closet suspiciously, while I was sitting on the bed behind her. She asked me, "Is there a boogeyman in the closet?" When she turned around, she said, I had an eerie grin and something about me was...off, and false, and scary. And I replied, "Not...oogeyman! Newsielady!"

She woke up freaked out. Weird...but trust me, if you've seen the show, VERY funny reference!

---------------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it possible to actually black out in your own sleep?

I'm pretty sure I actually did last night... I had this dream that I was on this really intense, gut-churning amusement park ride, and I actually feel like at one point, I may have literally blacked out, not just in the dream, but in my sleep, because I remember feeling myself regain cosciousness, and looking at the clock next to my bed and seemingly a couple of hours or so had passed.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Snowth...I keep telling you, dude. That's when the aliens had you aboard!

------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
------------------
Snowth...I keep telling you, dude. That's when the aliens had you aboard!

------------------
That explains why I had a probe coming out of my anus.

Uh... forget I just said that... that was a TERRIBLE joke...