1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What do you know about dreams?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I can put a little insight into a certain type of dreams. Have you ever dreamt of someone who has passed away? Well, that's called a "visitation" dream. They're just saying hi & letting you know they love you that they're OK. :halo: I found this out from one of my friends. (She's big on angels & things like that.) When my dad passed away I had a lot of dreams about him (This was before my friend told me they were "visitation dreams")
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

What do you do if you dream of someone passing away before they do? I mean, I KNEW I shoulda called in that day. I'm getting better, but it doesn't change the fact that I dreamed about what was going to happen.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Those are usually premonitions, that tends tohappen to be who have ESP.
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------------------------------
    Or simply to those of us who are open to the experience. Not pleasant but can be useful.

I agree with Kathy. Sometimes those are just "I miss this person" dreams...but sometimes they can be contact. But hey, that's me...

---------------------------------------
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I have been having frequent dreams as of late about being able to transform or getting mutated into something...what do you mke of that?
  6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I dreamed last night that there were lots of birds' nests in the yard with lots of dead adult birds, maybe one live one. Then Jareth shows up and looks like someone beat the living daylights out of him. That poor, poor owl-inspired costume of his. Sigh ....
  7. newsmanfan

Um...you're unsatisfied with your current circumstances and wish you could be something else...or that you feel others are forcing you to be something you're not?
    I used to have similar dreams until I gained better control over my own circumstances.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, I will say there is a bit of both in my life XD
  9. D'Snowth

Jeez, boi...

Last night was one of those nights where I'd wake up every little while, and each timne I fell back asleep, the dreams kept getting weirder and weirder, and made litler and littler sense... and once I woke up for the morning, I didn't remember a single one of them, lol.
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  10. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Dreams is something I wish I knew more about. I have some really odd and disturbing dreams. Has anyone ever had a dream so bad they wake up and feel like dirty and think "how could i dream something like that?" I've had a few of those kinda dreams in my life....
    On the plus side I've had some okay dreams too. A recuring one I keep having is me going into an abandoned thrift store and finding a buttload of VHS tapes of mostly muppet stuff, stuff that doesn't even exist (I think i've metnioned it before in another thread but i once had a dream like that where i found a VHS that said "Fraggle Rock Babies").
  11. D'Snowth

Actually, you atre not alone my friend, I too have had dreams that have me waking up and asking myself how could I dream something like that... luckily, however, those dreams seem rather very few and quite far between... in fact, I really can't remember when's the last time I've had such a dream, or what it was about, or who was involved, or where it was set, etc.
  12. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

that's good, but a few of those have stuck with me..i hate dreams like that too you can't stop thinking about em. I remember bad dreams more often than i remember good dreams..weird how that works eh?
  13. D'Snowth

Probably because the bad dreams may have more of an impact on you than good ones do... kind of like when things happen in your life, the bad experiences are etched in your mind forever, wheras the good stuff tends to fleet your memories overtime.
  14. newsmanfan

-------------------------------
    True Snowth. Bad stuff is far easier to dwell on than good, unfortunately.

If you're having guilt dreams ("how could I do that?"), there may be unresolved issues within your mind, things you think should be "wrong", but keep in mind the dream-events might not be literal. Something you do in a dream which upon waking you feel is terrible might just be your brain's way of symbolically dealing with some other issue. Think about what each person/thing might symbolize -- and no, don't get a dream dictionary, those things are bunk! Everyone's inner symbology differs!

I moved past guilt dreams when I accepted certain things about myself. I'm rarely in control in my dreams, but they rarely leave me feeling awful anymore.
    -----------------------------------
  15. D'Snowth

Newsie has a point about dwelling on things that you think should be wrong, then it slipping into your subconscience... that happens to me quite frequently for the past couple of years or so.
  16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ive had my share of er "bad" dreams depends on the word bad...sometimes they are so vivid i feel embarrassed to talk to certain ladies the next day
  17. D'Snowth

Wow... and that right there just spoke volume, lol.
  18. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

yea...those are fun times to explain
  19. newsmanfan

----------------------------
    Dreamt last night that my childhood best friend (who fell out with me when I moved here, long story but that was 11 years ago) got back in touch with me...but she'd become a prim, proper, Republican sort who was dismayed at everything about me! No, it would never ever happen, even though we haven't spoken in years...but a bummer still to wake up from.

And my cat had stolen about 75% of my pillow again...
    --------------------------------
  20. D'Snowth

All this talk about pathetic lunch periods in school and such has made me realize that lunch period is actually a recurring dream I have occasionally... though for some reason, the "horrors" of lunch period seem to be overly exaggerated in the dream to the point where the whole dream is more like a surreal and eerie adventure in itself: trying to get through the mile-long lunch lines, coming in contact with the evil lunch ladies, trying to find your way through the crowdedness, etc... it's almost like a cafeteria from Dinohattan.