What Do You Think About MTI Figures?

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Now that I picked up acrylic paint, I am thinking of painting up my Fozzie to make him Kermit and Fozzie's dad from TGMC. I would need some sculpy (if I know where to find it) too. It should be fun though.

Tony

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you're planning to make a custom figure of Fozzie's and Kermit's Dad from TGMC, then let me give you some pointers since these are my plans as well.
1 Hopefully, you have an extra Fozzie Bear figure so that both Fozzie and his dad will take up spots in your collection's display.
2 To that same end, you should have one regular Kermit The Frog as part of your collection and an extra set aside for this custom. I'll explain why a little later.
3 You'll need a copy of TGMC or at least access to a screen shot where the particular character appeared in the movie.
4 First, paint the extra Fozzie figure to match the character's skin tone.
5 Then, take the extra Kermit figure and cut off his collar so that you can glue it onto the painted Fozzie figure.
Make sure to glue the collar above the necktie but just below the neck's articulation so as not to ruin that moveable joint. You could also cut off the necktie or leave it, guess leaving it would lend the figure a sort of fatherly air but it's your own call.
6 Once the figure's been painted and dried, apply a water-proof sealer to make sure that your prized custom doesn't get ruined by any watery residue from external sources like wet surfaces or hands.
7 Make sure to carefully work around the skull cap so as that the brown hat can still adhere itself to the figure's head.
8 Place the Groucho glasses on his face to make him look like the fatherly figure.
9 Sorry that I forgot this step above, but you should also make sure to paint the eyes completely white and then paint black markings that resemble Kermit's or the character's eyes before spraying the sealer.
10 Give him the camera that came with the extra Kermit figure, just the microphone head that came with the extra Fozzie figure, and maybe paint over the coffee cup from the extra Kermit figure to give it to a real coffee drinker.

You could then take the extra leftover Kermit figure and make a figure of Dermit The Frog, a spoof character from Talk Soup. Hope this helps.