What if Disney added a Muppet block to The Disney Channel?

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Considering many of your suggestions are not now owned by Disney so they don't have the rights (Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, JHH, many of the movies, etc).

In a perfect world this would be great to have. Heck, I'll settle for one DVD release of MFC.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, Muppet Family Christmas has been released to DVD, but I'm sure you, like every other Muppet fan, would love to see an official release of the unedited special. I'm so glad I was able to obtain a copy of the unedited version- it added so much compared to the edited 1995 VHS version I'd seen so many times over the years.
And where else can you see :concern::search::coy: together?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Considering many of your suggestions are not now owned by Disney so they don't have the rights (Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, JHH, many of the movies, etc).

In a perfect world this would be great to have. Heck, I'll settle for one DVD release of MFC.
Dinosaurs is owned by Disney. In fact, it's always been owned by Disney even before Disney bought out the Muppets. It's always been a Disney owned show, never a Jim Henson company owned show.

But back to the topic of this idea. I do like it, but considering that the Disney channel and ABC family gives little to no time to their own Disney characters of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy and like to give most of their time to the "Tween Market" shows it's super unlikely they'll give the Muppets their own block. Plus (this may have be mentioned already), I think they would worry over how this would hurt the Muppet Show DVD sales. Usually I tend to defend Disney's treatment over the Muppets to some degree. But yeah even I can't see Disney giving the Muppets this kind of treatment. As stated, this is a nice idea, but an unlikely one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But back to the topic of this idea. I do like it, but considering that the Disney channel and ABC family gives little to no time to their own Disney characters of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy and like to give most of their time to the "Tween Market" shows it's super unlikely they'll give the Muppets their own block.
On a technicality, Tween shows and weekday preschool schows. But still, I find everything on The Disney Channel totally overrated, unnecessary to repeat as marathons all day, and a perfect way to spit on Walt's legacy as an animator (perfectly fits well with his legacy of being a businessman though). it's a crying shame that Mickey is only a Disney channel staple because of that lame kiddy show. Especially when he came out of that great Mouseworks/House of Mouse era. Same for Donald and Goofy.

Not that I'm not saying these shows shouldn't be popular, they have an audience for whatever reason, but that doesn't make it right that it's all the network does these days. I agree, when characters Walt created (or took credit for) don't fit on a network named after him, I doubt a new acquisition would.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
House of Mouse was great, although it went off the air when I was just about 7 or 8 or so. :sympathy: Now, pretty much the only thing with the Classic Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, etc.) on the channel (except for them airing the two Goofy Movies and then Once/Twice Upon a Christmas in December) is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's only one good thing about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.... it has Ludvig VonDrake in it. YAY!

Seriously, that show is basically the only reason you can walk into any store, especially the Disney Store, and find Disney characters on stuff.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Seriously, that show is basically the only reason you can walk into any store, especially the Disney Store, and find Disney characters on stuff.
That and also maybe those video games. (Kingdom Hearts, I think. Those have Mickey and Donald in them, right? :confused:)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Off topic, I was at the Diseny Store a week or so back, and they just released a Ludwig VonDrake plush doll... Trust me, I almost had a heart attack, and felt light headed thinking it was a dream... I have never seen Ludwig stuff. He hosts basically EVERYTHING, Disney Specials, DTV sing a longs, that 1960's Disney show that was an advertisement for color TV's... but I never saw any love for him in 3-D form. Even Gyro Gearloose got an obscure PEZ dispenser... and no, I never got it.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
That sounds cool. The Disney Store at the mall that I often visit was closed earlier this year. :stick_out_tongue: