What if Disney added a Muppet block to The Disney Channel?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*blinks* Prawnie... theprawncracker... no, does not ring a bell. And what did you say your name was? Candy? ...Who's this other girl? And why do I have a sudden hankering for cream cheese on rye?

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
D: EWWW CREAM CHEESE EQUALS DEATH!

:3 You are not Prawnie, you are a famous singer that goes by the name of Michael Jackson where millions adore your awesome dancing and great smelling cologne...erherm...

Fine fine. I'mma do what the pig did.

X3 *hits him lightly to see if he comes back to reality*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*collapses* *straggles up* Uhh... what happened? Claudia? What's going on? Why does it feel like I just got hit by a train? ...Two trains actually. Carrying cream cheese.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've always wished the Nick-At-Nite would show The Muppet show? Why haven't they shown it? This show is perfect for them to show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
At least them there would be something with replay value that never gets tiring.:stick_out_tongue:

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I'd love this to happen, but I think that they would rather make money off of the under 18 crowd right now with most of their shows, which is quite a shame of how respectable they want to be in the world.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
That would've been awesome! If only the Odessey Channel is still on TV, then the Muppets would still be on, even the specials. I wish that still happened.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be so cool if they played TMS on Disney Channel. They did show MWoO recently, but other than that and Studio DC, I can't think of anything involving the Muppets recently. We had a tape that had the Classic Trio and they were all taped on that channel, so it would be cool if they started showing those movies again.

EDIT:
I just remembered a short commercial earlier this year about global warming with Selena Gomez and Kermit talking about "The Year of the Frog."

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Disney did pick up the second season of Muppets Tonight and originally aired that back in the day.
It would be great to see some of these Muppet productions that Disney now has the rights to being aired on the channel.
I could see a Saturday block somewhere-
(even if it was early morning- like 5 am or something- it would give me a reason to wake up early on Saturday mornings again)
5 AM Fraggle Rock
5:30 AM Fraggle Rock (cartoon)
6 AM Muppet Babies
6:30 AM The Muppet Show
7 AM The Jim Henson Hour
8 AM Muppets Tonight
8:30 AM Dinosaurs

(And for fairly short-lived shows like the Fraggle Rock cartoon and The Jim Henson Hour, there could be other shows rotated in every so often- The Ghost of Faffner Hall, The Secret Life of Toys, The Storyteller, Dog City, Animal Jam, etc.)
And every once in a while, it'd be great to have a Henson movie marathon- i.e. The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Mirrormask- that'd be a cool marathon. And then another block with The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.
Another block could be The Muppets Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space.
I would also love to see the various specials on there- maybe something like a block with Muppet Classic Theater, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and Kermit's Swamp Years. Or have the literary-based movies together. And of course, the classic stuff like The Muppets Go Hollywood, The Muppets Go to the Movies, and The Muppets at Walt Disney World. And stuff like Of Muppets and Men with The Muppets Celebrate 30 Years and The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
And I definitely would like to see Christmas specials together like Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, The Christmas Toy and Muppet Family Christmas. Somewhere in there it'd be great to see the John Denver specials- John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together and John Denver and The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday- and maybe those could be coupled with the Almost Live: Studio DC specials (since they all have the Muppets interacting with particular celebrities.)
It'd be great to see Sesame Street stuff included if they could get the rights.)

And then by 9, there would still be plenty of room to dive into the traditional Disney cartoon fare or whatever airs on there now.
(I would prefer to jump to classic cartoons rarely seen now- like The Wuzzles, Adventures of the Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Quack Pack and maybe Aladdin and The Little Mermaid and Timon & Pumbaa and Jungle Cubs while we're at it.)

Well- just my idea on that. It'd be great to see it happen:excited:- just don't know that it really would.:batty::smile: