1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by muppetfan89, Aug 14, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

How do you figure? It seems Kermit is the one reluctant to notice any relationship.

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Piggy and her relationship to the others kind of mirrors Frank and the others to me in a way.

3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'd rather see Piggy as a character of her own in this case than just a stand in for him :coy:. Of course, I like to separate the muppets and those who play them as two different 'people':excited:

4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Me too. It's just as if Piggy brought Frank along for the ride. ^_^

5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Their lives can still mirror each others that they can still be two separate "people".

6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good point. I mean, so many characters are created due to the personality of their creator or performer. I mean, without Vince's genius and Mark's brillant acting, The Undertaker wouldn't exist. The same with The Muppets, for without Jim inventing all these creations & the Muppeteers bringing these characters to life, The Muppets as we know them wouldn't exist.

7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I know, but I'd rather not think of that all the time, I like to let each speak for themselves :)

8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

That too. There's valid points on either side.

9. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I remember her getting fired at the dept store ... what gig did she have again? At any rate, given the ending, it's quite obvious that she chose a gig that would make her rich, famous ... and deceptively married. :D

10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yep. XD And that gig has worked very well. ^_^

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Their lives can be similar and each can still speak for themselves.

12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*sigh* I know that, but I just don't like thinking of them both on the same page of my mind, I've always been like that. Like actors and the parts they play in movies, two whole different things to me and I just don't mesh the two. Call it a weird habit of mine:coy:

13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, I have the same habit, so it's not that weird.

I mean, for example, we all know Jaleel White voiced Sonic & acted as Steve Urkel, but we also know that the real Jaleel is a smart, intelligent being, not a blue hedgehog or a supernerd.

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well a supernerd would be smart and intelligent yet annoying, clumsy and uncoordinated...

15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But the real Jaleel is neither clumsy or uncoordinated, nor is he annoying.

16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I always thought he looked handsome without the glasses *hides*:o

17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, Jaleel does go beyond his "Urkel" image. XD

18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well I do not know him personally or anything, but you can pretty much tell that he isn't for the most part.;)

Yeah, I think casting agents are just starting to notice.:p :coy:

19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Even though DiC recognized this early when they hired him to provide Sonic's voice.