What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

Redsonga

Reaction score
The Muppet movies aren't really "canon," but I see your point.

Anyway, I don't think Rowlf would be in a relationship with Miss Piggy. I think they'd have pretty much the same relationship they have on The Muppet Show, jabbing at each other. Now, perhaps Rowlf might find himself going after another lovely lassie...?
I like to think things happened a lot like they did in the first movie, it really is canon as far as being most of the only history we have to go on:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But Kermit did say that the movie was an approximent guess at how The Muppets met.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But Kermit did say that the movie was an approximent guess at how The Muppets met.
But other than that guess we really don't have anything else, so I would think that makes it canon :embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I like to think things happened a lot like they did in the first movie, it really is canon as far as being most of the only history we have to go on:stick_out_tongue:
wwfpooh said:
That line is more Jim Henson saying, "What you're about to see is not real... but have fun with it anyway." I think, outside of The Muppet Show, it's anyone's guess what's canon. This is why "Muppet canon" is avoided on Muppet Wiki. For instance, Gonzo has recently been referred to as a "Weirdo" or a "Whatever," so he's not really considered an alien... but on the Muppets From Space commentary, which, since it's an interview, would seem to be be canon, Gonzo says he's an alien, and Muppets From Space is based on his discovery of that. His line removes the film itself from canon, but still claims that the events within the film are canon... confusing?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That line is more Jim Henson saying, "What you're about to see is not real... but have fun with it anyway." I think, outside of The Muppet Show, it's anyone's guess what's canon. This is why "Muppet canon" is avoided on Muppet Wiki. For instance, Gonzo has recently been referred to as a "Weirdo" or a "Whatever," so he's not really considered an alien... but on the Muppets From Space commentary, which, since it's an interview, would seem to be be canon, Gonzo says he's an alien, and Muppets From Space is based on his discovery of that. His line removes the film itself from canon, but still claims that the events within the film are canon... confusing?
Just as confusing as trying to understand multiple canon universes (like DC Comics' various franchises or the Sonic franchises).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
That line is more Jim Henson saying, "What you're about to see is not real... but have fun with it anyway." I think, outside of The Muppet Show, it's anyone's guess what's canon.
I agree. Personally, I like to think of The Muppet Show to be a very natural setting which we get to see the backstage lives of the Muppets. Once you get down to it, (and I know someone out there is going to gut me for saying this), It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and Muppets From Space, which are considered some of the Muppet's weakest movies, also feature this sort of behind the scenes/what the Muppets are doing when the camera isn't rolling sort of feel.

Well, I hate to say it, (but some realist is bound to bring it up sooner or later) when you get right down to it, they are fictional characters and the writers can do whatever they want with them, canon or not.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it, (but some realist is bound to bring it up sooner or later) when you get right down to it, they are fictional characters and the writers can do whatever they want with them, canon or not.
This is true. The same applies to any fictional being, no matter how beloved. Heck, Archie practically turned Sonic into a pimp, considering how he's been with every female within his comic book timeframe (though his longest-running relationship was the one with Sally).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, I was thinking that. I just wasn't going to bring it up. :smile:

I always thought of the Muppets as actors, taking on different roles, which is probably why I'm one of the few to really like the storybook movies. None of the movies follow the same timeline, really.

Though, JHH frequently refers to TMS...

Anyway, how does Rowlf fit into the canon?

:sleep: :boo: : Push him in with a plunger! Do, ho ho ho!