What is your Favorite Christmas Movie or TV Special?

Drtooth

Reaction score
"There'll be no more toy makers to the King!" Classic! And you know Paul Frees did both the Burgermeister Meisterburger and the Law Keeper and several other voices in those specials. :smile:
Ah yes. One of the reasons I still love that one. Paul Frees. One of my favorite voice actors ever. His Burgermeister was sort of like a German modification of Boris Badenov. He later used a similar voice for the role of Baron Otto Matic in Tom Slick. And the Rule Keeper voice was similar to the same British voice used for Inspector Nathanial Fenwick (Dudley Do-Right), and The District Commissioner (George of the Jungle).

I felt Shrek the Halls was quite predictable, in my opinion, though I did like everyone's interpretation of Santa, like Donkey saying Santa made of waffles, butter and syrup, Puss saying Santa is a sauve, debonaire feline, Gingy saying Santa is a Godzilla-like man who ate his girlfriend.
The Giant Waffle Santa is my new favorite Christmas moment. Right up there with Darkwing getting run over by Bushroot, and Jon and Doc boy yelling "PRESENTS" in the Garfield special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got some more weird Christmas songs.

I got the Animaniacs singing Noel (and No L, No Whale, and No Well) and the Ghost of Christmas future Yakko song.

I also got the Invader Zim, Bow Down before the power of Santa.

I am looking for the entire Ren and Stimpy Crock of Christmas album, however, if anyone has it.
Oh yeah, that reminds me: there's also that Rocko Christmas special Rocko's Modern Christmas where Rocko tries to throw his first Christmas party not only as an American citizen, but while being on his own as well, and Mr. Bighead quietly crashes the party by spreading rumors that the new family of elves that moved into the neighborhood Rocko invited to the party are disease ridden, thus driving everyone away from the party.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. "All the little Children love Fruitcake man." I almost forgot about that one.

While we're on the subject, I'll tell you about another one of my least favorite Christmas Specials.

Sonic the Hedgehog's Christmas Blast. An odd cross breading of Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog, with a little Sonic Sat Am (Sally makes a nonspeaking appearance, as well as the robots beiong reffered to as "Swat Bots.").

The plot involves Sonic saving Christmas by going on a random obstical course that has nothing to do with anything. It's like they just got lazy and wrote half a Christmas sepcial. There's no plot, and it's only for those who like Adventures of Sonic a whole lot.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And AoStH was too Warner-esque for my tastes, considering I feel that Sonic should be more of a serious--although not too serious--action hero/gaming icon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And AoStH was too Warner-esque for my tastes, considering I feel that Sonic should be more of a serious--although not too serious--action hero/gaming icon.
I think Sonic SatAm and Sonic X (especially the last season) did more justice to the character. But I did have a soft spot for Adventures. But even then, they could have done a lot better with the plot. The whole thing about having a ring that would unlock supersonic speed if he ran an obstical course was unmotivated and lazy.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sonic X though, IMO, was just made to capitalize on the new direction Sonic was headed post-Sonic Adventure (and was inconsistant with either the American or Japanese universe in which Sonic starred), whereas SatAM--though its own storyline--was more geared towards the classic form of Sonic as per the Genesis/Mega Drive games and plus, SatAM also introduced us to what would eventually become the backdrop for Archie's Sonic comic line (though it's just too bad that Archie ruined relationships by making Sally selfish and turning Sonic into a philandering idiot & that--as seen--doing so on top of merging the SatAM/comic storyline with that of the modern games is not doing the blue blur any favors as a character).

Drtooth

Reaction score
But back to the Christmas specials, I find it very depressing that, especially during the writers strike with little or no new programming on, networks can't seem to do too well rerunning lost specials. I mean, the Frosty hour and Rudolph were all CBS did, ABC actually did pretty good with the Shrek special, the Grinch, 3/4th of the Charlie Brown christmas catelogue, and Santa Claus is coming to town. But why must everything else be delegated to ABC Family? There's so many other specials to rerun. You don't need to make remakes of Year Without a Santa (which thankfully hasn't be rerun yet).