What is your favorite Muppet Band/musician

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's another poll. What is your favorite...you read the title, you get the idea.

Note. You can choose any Band from the Henson Cannon: Rowlf, The Electric Mayheim, the Jug band, Emmitt Otter's Jug band, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Little Chrissy and the Alpha-beats, Polly Darton, Solid foam...even Road Kyll from Dinosaurs, and some I didn't mention.

My fav? Hands down, the electric Mayhiem. Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, Lips (sometimes) what more could you ask for?

beaker

Reaction score
a tie!:

*dr. teeth and the electric mayhem both classic, and 87-89 era with additional members(ie: mfc and m@WDW)

*the jim henson hour band thing with digit, flash, etc!
(I think Dr. Teeth was the producer or sound engineer)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man... I just can't remember the Jim Henson Hour for some reason. I completely forgot that Digit was in a band. Well, I got a runner up!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tooth + Cory,

Solid Foam is the Jim Henson Hour band with Digit, Flash, Zhondra and Clifford.

Dr. Teeth was always hanging around so i think he was thre manager.

see ya

matleo

Reaction score
No baby the JHH band, "Solid Foam" had Clifford on bass, Digit on keyboards, Beard on guitar, Flash on sax and lead vocals and a drummer with no name. Zondra was the evil character who despised "Jim Henson and his ilk!!"and worked over at Gorilla (or was it Guerilla) television with Chip and UBU.

Back to the conversation at hand, easily the best Muppet band ever is Dr. teeth and The Electric Mayhem. you had 6 of the most Awesome looking characters the Henson shop designed, you had Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt on lead vocals backed by Jim, you had Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire's mad puppet skills on the characters in ther horn section and you had the master of Muppet ad-libs Frank Oz as a character who was pure instinct. Electric Mayhem hands down!

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Man... I just can't remember the Jim Henson Hour for some reason<<<

oh man, youre in need of some big tape trades, stat!
JHH is one of the edgiest and freshest things the Muppets have ever done(up there with sex and violence)

maybe it was *too* ahead of its time, but that and muppets@wdw were the last great things of the muppet's heyday...that oh so great year of 1989.

BUT...I would like to make an addendum to my previous post.

My top 3 fave muppet bands are:

dr teeth and the electric mayhem

solid foam

and...the Extremes! (from the JHH, man they rocked!)
especially theyre cover of neutro bomb

.:.:1989 4 ever !:.:.:.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mat,

Oh i forgot Beard !

But that Drummer was just Zhondra with different color hair or something !

See ya

matleo

Reaction score
Warrick

yeah I hadn't noticed that until noe. Red hair and shades. huh. But they never gave the drumemr a name. I think of Zondra as being the black-haired puppet from Gorrila television.

--Matt

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, with 5 charter members, no Lips. And of course my favorite is pretty obvious.

Second for me would be The Minstrels of Fraggle Rock. I can't believe no one's mentioned 'em yet! :eek:

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Forgive me for not knowing what they were called, but my favorite was that guy who hit the little round fuzzy muppets with the hammer. Was it a Muppaphone (like xylophone?)

They sang "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!" My co-worker said he saw that right after he had his appendix removed or something like that. He laughed so hard that he hurt himself.

Markus