What is your favorite Muppet Band/musician

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
They sang "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!" My co-worker said he saw that right after he had his appendix removed or something like that. He laughed so hard that he hurt himself.
ROFL!!!!!!!!

Tell your co-worker that I love him!! Tell him he made a Kentucky boy's day with that story! LOLOL!!!!

*sigh*

I'm sorry, but funny things tend to be waaaaay funnier after 2 a.m. :big_grin:

Oh, yeah, back to the point---the guy is Marvin Suggs, and you got it right---that's his Muppaphone! :smile:

Salmoto

Reaction score
I have to go with the electric mayhem. I never really heard Solid Foam (I'd trade tapes but I got zero Muppet material) but besides that Electric Myahem is a compendium of all the greatest performers to ever hold a Muppet. Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Frank Oz, and Dave Goelz with guest appearences by Steve Whitmire and Kevin Clash. I don't need to say anymore...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the orange member of the Extreems (I forget his name) look like a psycotic version of Gobo Fraggle???

All I have is the first episode.

My favorite Sesame Band is Little Chrissy and the alpha beats, and on Fraggle Rock, I've always liked Convincin' John (ephisis on Con) and his B.g. singers.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I would have to say "Big Al" from the Country Bear Jamboree and "Mr. Munch" from Chuck E Cheese's Pizza Time Players.:wink:

mango

Reaction score
Well...

My fave band... the only band I really know...

Dr Teeth's Electric Mayhem band.

Favourite Muso's in the band were Zoot & Floyd as they looked the grooviest.. hehe

Comin' in a close 2nd for me - Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones (see my avatar...).

Other notable 'bands' I can remember...

New Zealan and his singing fish.

The 'Rubber Band' from the Lynda Carter episode of TMS.

The 'Octopus Drum band' from the James Coburn ep of TMS.
(Do these bands count??)

Wayne & Wanda (TMS)

Also... can't remember his name.. the Dad and his singing Baby Band (TMS)

The Singing Fruit & Vegetables...

Cheers,

mango

Gonzo

Reaction score
My Number One Favorite is of course Electric Mayhem--the only band mentioned that's been important enough to become part of the "family" of whatever show they're featured on...everyone else has been independent, bit players that don't get involved in the stories/sagas of the shows. I'd say the minstrels come the closest to repeating that.

My second would be various Sesame Street bands, just because the music is SO good....Jerry, Little Chrissy, The Beetles...some good, GOOD stuff there, and I still know every note of the "Danger, Danger Baby...wah-wah-wah-wah-wah (WATCH OUT!)" Ka-BOOM song that so freaked me when I was a pup.

If we knew the bands that sang "Lower Case N" and "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12" (Pinball Count), I'd put them up there too.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
My favorites are of course The Electric Mayhem band out of those guys, my most favorites are Animal and Zoot. Rowlf is another favorite of mine.