1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What is your strangest habit?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by That Announcer, Jun 13, 2005.

1. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

I alphabetize my CDs...only to just stick them wherever so there are just random stacks on my CD shelf.
  2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

back when I first started buying CDs, I used to keep them in the order I purchased them.. once I got too many CDs, it became impossible to remember if I took more than two out at a time
  3. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I just stick it artist with artist.

*Hides her michael jackson cd collection*
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm obsessed with stacking and rearranging anything until it's stacked perfectly and nothing is sticking out. It it's not in line or lined up perfectly then I'm bothered.
  5. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

*raises hand*

Me too! Same with my DVD collection.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

BUMP!

I about never found this old thread, but it got me to thinking with recent talks about some people liking turtleneck sweaters, and some people not being able to stand sweaters at all (and thinking back on some people saying they can't stand when bedsheets touch their teeth), I think this thread deserves a good bumping.

So anyway, for my main strange habit, is that I'm slightly manic, particularly in my routines: I have all kinds of different routines all throughout the year, routines for just about every month, usually regarding things I may watch like on DVD, VHS or YouTube (the latter of which will be difficult now that a vast majority of my favorite videos have been wiped out this year); books, magazines, comic books, fanfics, other things I may read; MP3s or CDs I may listen to; what I wear depending on the weather; even what kind of cereal I eat in the morning. And these routines have to be exactly the same every year, they must never be changed, though some routines may be added with passing years, and some may be dropped altogether, depending on what it is.
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------------------
    Um...OCD much Snowth? :fishy:

Not like I can talk, though...I get miffed if people rearrange any of my stuff, particularly my books. No, I don't alphabetize them, or my dvds either...but there IS an aesthetic arrangement I've put them in so that I like HOW they look on my shelves.

Weirdest habit, hmm...

I don't know if insisting on smelling leaf decay or never eating cereal with milk in it qualify. Those are more quirks than habits, I think. Maybe wearing Halloween-themed things at ANY time of year, very deliberately? Honestly I've grown out of most of my weird habits...as a young child, I did used to rock myself to sleep, crouched in my bed completely under the covers, because for some reason I was utterly convinced that would ward off all monsters! :grr:
    ---------------------------------
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I am, lol. One weird thing I do is I'll hear a word and type it out in my head, like I'm using my computer keyboard.
  9. D'Snowth

:sleep: :boo:
    newsmanfan likes this.
  10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I have to have dessert with a meal (excluding breakfast), or I am not happy, LOL :O So, if I have dinner but don't get to eat cookies or something, I do not consider it a full and real meal.
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Along with that, I eat fudge rounds whenever I watch certain episodes of Penguins of Madagascar, particularly the Skorka episode. It's because Private eats a box of snack cakes in it and it makes me crave them.

Drat, I know I have other weird habits I just can't think of anymore at the present moment.
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------
    Okay...I can't write without:
    1. tea
    2. a snack, usually something sweet
    3. utter quiet in the rest of the house (so I only write late at night)
    4. a "soundtrack" I've created specifically for the story playing quietly in the background.
    -----------------------
  13. D'Snowth

I also forgot to mention that a majority of my routines also have to be done in certain kind of weather (nothing too specific, just whether the weather's sunny or cloudy), but since the weather hasnt been very cooperative this year, most of those routines have been obscured this year; for example, during the latter half of August, I like to watch Stalag 17 on DVD on cloudy days, and we didn't have hardly any clouds this August, with the exception for one popup storm one night.
  14. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I prefer to write at night too! Too many people are sticking their heads in my room, asking me questions, or playing the TV too loud. So I have to wait until they are gone or asleep before I can concentrate.
  15. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I'm very OCD with shelves, whatever is on the shelf has to line up with teh edge perfectly.

I have my Muppet DVDs in chronological order
    (and they are never to be moved out of this order)

On Chirstmas Eve and Chirstmas Day I feel the need to argue that Figgy Pudding has bacon in it...(somehow xD)

I have to have my pillow rather low on the mattress because I'm convinced that I'll fall backwards and hit my head if it's not.

After watching a scary movie I have to walk around with a flash light for the rest of the day/night.

I won't put ketchup on my eggs ever

If I'm linearting something I need LOUD music and the music needs to be realted to my picture, but if I'm actually drawing I need complete and total quiet.

I sit with my legs sideways more often than not.

I write myself e-mails and I go on, typing myself a conversation realzing that I'm not going to reply to myself after I open the e-mail.

I don't care if anything gets knocked off of my stuffed animal shelf, but the minute Kermit and Miss Piggy get knocked over or fall down, I have to fix it and end up fixing EVERYTHING in the room, even if it didn't need fixing.

If I'm watching a movie on DVD I have to keep updating my Facebook status with quotes from the movie.
  16. D'Snowth

I consider the act of putting ketchup on eggs the strange habit, not the other way around... I don't see how people can put ketchup on eggs... ick...

I don't find peanut butter and banans to be a good combination either... HOWEVER, I DO occasionally like peanut butter and pickles.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  17. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

In my family I'm considered the weird one because ketchup won't touch my eggs ><

And peanut butter and pickles is awesome, anything with pickles really.

I like oreo's and peanut butter :wisdom:
  18. robodog

robodog Active Member

My strangest habit is that I can't go anywhere without wearing a backpack containing several toy dogs. I also cannot sleep without a toy dog. What with all the problems with depression, anxiety and panic attacks my toy dogs are my method for coping with it all. Kind of like dog shaped security blankets. I don't think I could function properly without them.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I will put ketchup on bacon if we dont have syrup. I also do not like clocks to be out of sync with each other and will set them in roughly the same 30 seconds of each other.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  20. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That makes sense.
    I carry stuffed animals around with me a lot. Alot of time (especially when I have hard days) I need something soft to hold onto. I think my mom thinks it's weird.