What made you roll your eyes today thread?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seeing a little girl with some kind of Droid or iPhone in a breakfast diner. :rolleyes:

It's really sad where this world is heading.....

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Little toddlers who don't even know which side of the playpen smells the worst are gonna get their own device.

Mommy and Daddy's brilliant logic: "Let's start reducing her attention span NOW!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
20 years ago.

"I want that ERTL Oliver toy and I want it NOW!!!!111!!!"

*Placed in time out when I got home*

Now:

"I want the newest iPhone and I want it NOW!!!!!1111!!!!!"

Sure, sweetie! *Buys*

FYI: the above mentioned is a real tantrum I once had.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To show you how much things have changed: once when I was five, I threw a tantrum in public, and my dad smacked the taste out of my mouth. Last time that ever happened.

As I got older, sometimes I'd be in the store and see a toy I really wanted. But couldn't afford. My mom would say "No", and that was the end of it. I might cry or sniffle on the way out, but no tantrums or meltdowns.

By the time I was 8, I'd do extra chores, odd jobs, anything it took to raise that enormous sum of... ten bucks. I'd work like I was possessed, but after a month, I had enough money saved up for that special... whatever it might be.

But that taught me a valuable lesson. If you want something bad enough, you gotta work for it. Sometimes at the end of the month, I'd go back to the store and find that what I thought I wanted, I really didn't want. But now I had ten bucks for something I really had my heart set on.
And somehow even the shopkeepers seemed to notice. " You earned all this? You must really want this".
There is a feeling of pride when you spend money you earned on something special. And you're never too young to learn that.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
20 years ago.

"I want that ERTL Oliver toy and I want it NOW!!!!111!!!"

*Placed in time out when I got home*

Now:

"I want the newest iPhone and I want it NOW!!!!!1111!!!!!"

Sure, sweetie! *Buys*

FYI: the above mentioned is a real tantrum I once had.
but did you get it

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
We went grocery shopping today, and I hadn't taken my medication yet. When we got home, I set my pills up so I could take them. Then I forgot to take them, and didn't realize I didn't take them until 2 pm. Ugh. I HATE taking my medication that late. And in case anyone is wondering, I take medication for depression and ADHD.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
No one can do that to you so I can give it a little more money for it and I’ll be able it would work but I’ll give it a little more money for you I’ll be happy for a long weekend I will let it all out for me I will let him be happy I can talk about the weekend I can get a few days out I’ll give him the one that you don’t know that I’ll be happy to give you a call I’ll give you a call when you get a chance give him call him give him a call and give you the money I’ll I give it a little more money for you I’ll let you guys I’ll give him a call little bit ago I’ll let you guys all that you I’ll give them and a call I’ll give call and let you guys talk about the money I know you I’ll give him call him I’ll let you you guys as I have him a call and give you the call I’ll give him money I’ll let him talk I’ll let you know when what time will you be here and I can give him call money and give him money for you a little more money for you a little money for you guys I’ll let give call me when you can give me money and give you the money I’ll let call me when in I’ll give let him you me I’ll let you guys guys I’ll be there I’ll call you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
We went grocery shopping today, and I hadn't taken my medication yet. When we got home, I set my pills up so I could take them. Then I forgot to take them, and didn't realize I didn't take them until 2 pm. Ugh. I HATE taking my medication that late. And in case anyone is wondering, I take medication for depression and ADHD.
Ah, ADHD and depression pills. I heard they have bad side effects. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oooohhhh boy....

I picture you driving down to the nearest animal shelter and adopting all the cats.