What made you roll your eyes today thread?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As much as I love technology it's sad to see it taking over. Meaning now a days I barely see anyone playing board games, playing toys and etc. Not to mention certain jobs are replacing humans with technology.
Toys and board games- the staples at Toys R Us for so many years.
It is a shame a lot of kids today don't have the time/imagination/social skills to engage in board games. Sit them in front of a device all day long, but try playing Mouse Trap, Clue, Scrabble, or any game that involves rolling dice and moving pieces.
Sign of the times.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some of my favorite games as a kid were Scrabble, Connect Four, and I kid you not, when I was in Grade 8, and we all were waiting in our first period class for school to officially begin, we practically would sit around and play Uno like poker buddies.

But we didn't play any ordinary Uno, mind you. No. We played Viscious Uno!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I . . . I think I may have mentioned this before in the past, but, uh . . . I remember throwing quite a temper tantrum in Grade 1 over losing to a game of Mouse Trap. I'm talking about the throw yourself on the floor, pound your fists and kick your feet, bang your head into the wall, liberal tears flowing kind of tantrum . . . so much so the teacher put me out in the hallway for several minutes for a time out, then gave me that standard lecture you always hear about it's not about whether you win or lose, but that you have fun and enjoy the game . . . which I could have cared less about listening to.

-_-

Any Del

Reaction score
If I may add on, you can't really have a conversation with someone without a device on your hands. Take my friend/crush for example, I try having a conversation with her, trying to get to know her a little more, sometimes she talks and whenever shes done talking she's glued on the phone... It makes me roll my eyes but mostly it's heart-breaking really. Especially for someone (like me) that have problems communicating with other people face to face ... :frown:

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
liberal tears flowing kind of tantrum
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Honestly I don't remember when/if I've ever had a tantrum over a board game... But I was always the type who had the mentallity of "Oh, I have to always win!" Which, as I've gotten older, I learn it actually gets boring if you win all the time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If I may add on, you can't really have a conversation with someone without a device on your hands. Take my friend/crush for example, I try having a conversation with her, trying to get to know her a little more, sometimes she talks and whenever shes done talking she's glued on the phone... It makes me roll my eyes but mostly it heart-breaking really.... :frown:
Dude, it's like I've said before. It's like you may as well not even have a voice. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But I was always the type who had the mentallity of "Oh, I have to always win!"
What little kid doesn't have that mentality? I mean I remember times trying to manipulate other people or family members I'd be playing games with to go against the rules just to better my chances at winning - you know, like if you're playing a game where if you end up having to move back instead of forward? If I ended up having to move back several spaces, or even to the very beginning, I'd beg everyone else to move back with me so we could all start over again (because I knew at that stage in the game, I was going to lose, and didn't want to).

I will say though, I remember I won my very first game of Uno, but man, when we played Viscious Uno, it could really get viscious! Especially if someone wasn't a good shuffler, and we end up drawing card after card after card after card until we drew one we could play.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Mmm. Yeah, that's true.

Reminds me of when my dad and I would play Need for Speed: hot pursuit 2 on my ps2 when I was 13 and I'd restart a race if I was losing. He wasn't too happy on that.