What Muppet Merchandise would you like to see come out this year

which obscure character would you like to see as a plush

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hate to be the one to ask but what is a PVC?
It's a toy with no articulation, always posed. They are also called figurines. I can't remember off-hand what PVC stands for.

*This one would be impossible, but Muppet figures based on a sort of theme or other franchise (and not JUST the main characters) (Did they do a set for Star Wars?)
Yes there was a set for Star Wars. A few sets, actually.

It would be kinda funny if they did one of the Muppets as classic Disney characters. Kermit as Mickey, Miss Piggy as Minnie, Animal as Donald or Pluto, Fozzie or Gonzo as Goofy.

Hubert

Reaction score
Do they still make Colorforms? I'd love to see a new Muppet Colorform set if those are still around...

Hubert

Reaction score
A Muppet Shrinky Dink kit would be awesome as well. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Show: Season 5 DVD (and perhaps a "complete series" DVD set when the new movie comes out... if Disney can't clear all rights to seasons 4 and 5 by then, and I really don't want it to come to this, maybe Disney could put out a two-disc "Essential Muppet Show" collection for the casual fans).

I was thinking, even if Disney did decide to release a two-disc (or however many) "essential" collection, I'd rather it be a collection of existing compilations, preferrably the Playhouse releases, since those do contain a lot of essential clips. Of course a two-disc set probably wouldn't have all ten videos.

Hubert

Reaction score
I LOVED Colorforms! I used to have a Muppet Babies set. Ah memories! :smile:

I had a Muppet Babies set also, as well as a Sesame Street set and a Muppet set that was released to coincide with The Muppet Movie.

douggy

Reaction score
The thing about Disney is their merchandise based on the muppets seems to have no care or much thought put into it. The plush toys are hideous and all their other stuff just seems to be things with the same overused stock muppet photos printed onto them. If they do any new things they really need to up their game. The Toy Story stuff they do is lovely, as is a lot of their other ranges but muppets? Yuck. Palisades Toys seem to have been the only company to get it right. So rather than wishing for a massive long list of stuff that's never go to happen I'd just wish they'd do it properly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You see, there's my problem. The plush dolls are "Hideous" all the sudden? Did you see the completely accurate Pepe and the best Animal we've ever seen (not some big pink lollipop head, but actually as accurately hairy as a plush is possible) a plush of or are you just looking at that one bad Fozzie? Some of them look off, the others look quite brilliant, especially since No one has ever made a good looking Piggy that didn't have a plastic head. And then why bother buying a plush with a plastic head? Even the Sababba stuff was of varying quality.

There are far worse plushes than the Disney store ones. Remember the extremely ugly Kermit Steiff plush did, and that cost 300 bucks? Anything you're able to get out of a crane? Those are usually hideous and cheaply made (don't see why that stuff is so hard to win if it's low quality). Yes. Fisher Price and Macy's nailed Kermit and we'll probably never get anything as good. Fozzies never manage to get the nose and eye placement right. Gonzo shouldn't have had plush eyes, and the placement is off. But Animal shouldn't be so hard to get down. Disney Store got it. I've never seen a good Animal until then. Rizzo and Pepe were gorgeous. Too bad they disappeared so quickly.

j3h

Reaction score
I would want any kind of Uncle Deadly merchandise!
I greatly look forward to the Uncle Deadly as Emperor Palpatine muppet/Star Wars Disney parks action figure to be released later this year.

Hot Topic really needs to latch onto this character and do a whole line of stuff with him...shirts, mugs, wallet, PJs, scarf, hats, etc. ...he could easily become their licensed exclusive goth muppet :big_grin: