What Muppets scared you as a child?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I was only 8 when TMM came out.I do remember Animal getting big as a scary moment.Gave me nightmares for a long time after.I would see me in the ghost town(like the movie) & Animal would get big and yell,I'd go thru this scene over & over again.Made it hard to sleep for awhile.

Just sharing a moment.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
More Scary Muppet Moments

I agree on Bert & Ernie & the mummy tomb,seems very dark for Sesame Street.The Ernie mummy tapping Bert with its cane. :eek:

The chopped liver fromTMS,looked like an ugly sponge thing to me as a kid.

Big Momma,and monsters that could eat other Muppets.

I agree with There are Millions of Us who are Ugly(monster singing song).I sing that at times when I feel depressed.

The croc. during Never Smile at a Crocodile.

Definately Frazzle,just because he couldn't express himself & would just yell & for its looks. :attitude:

The sketch with Dom DeLuise with adopting a monster & they all break loose at the end,all of the monsters scared me too.And Dom DeLuise's sketch Merdilop(think I spelled it right,lol).

Absolutely All of Me sketch,forgot about that one.

I mentioned under another thread(fraggle scary moments,one I made).The Mudbunny(befriending Wembley),the Mudbunny's voice & song :eek: & the bunny that Mokey befriends(makes Mokey small enough to fit into a house,very demonic ::bad bunny, bad bunny:: :crazy:

One more,the Zero Mostel skit talking about his fears::back shuddering::. :embarrassed:

Whatever

Reaction score
Janicefersure, it seems like the Muppets really scared you stiff! How did you end up as a Muppet fan? :confused:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I love the Muppets & still do to this day,lol.But when your a kid starting around 6 or 7,monsters can crawl under your skin & stay there for a long time,lol;especially with weird or scary looks & Jerry Nelson's or Frank Oz's voice sometimes. I still can't believe I have all of these Muppet memories 25 years later(giving age away).Sorry if I scare easily,lol.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Seeing the Muppet Babies first, the puppet Gonzo scared me. The early one. I loved Baby Gonzo, but puppet Gonzo scared me. Now it's the other way around. :big_grin:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
used to have dreams that i was sleeping on the floor by a bed and cookie monster came out and pulled me under. used to dream i lived next door to oscar the grouch and he killed my neighbors. statler and waldorf in mcc terrified me.

WiGgY

Reaction score
RockSTAR girl said:
used to have dreams that i was sleeping on the floor by a bed and cookie monster came out and pulled me under. used to dream i lived next door to oscar the grouch and he killed my neighbors. statler and waldorf in mcc terrified me.
Are you sure you like the muppets? Are you confusing like with horribile terror?

Cheebo

Reaction score
Oscar KILLING??! :concern: Oscar is a softie. Just a bit er..grouchy on the outside. How could you imagine him doing that? :frown:

Whatever

Reaction score
I dunno what's wrong with you people... the Muppets didn't scare me, that I remember. I was scared of the fox in my closet. :big_grin: