What Muppets scared you as a child?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree...what was his name? Chamberlin, I think-he freaked me out. The emperor Skeksis that died right in the beginning also freaked me out, even though he was so small and dying, the scene when he starts to crumble just flat out disturbed me as a kid! The Garthim also frightened me...I was so scared of insects when i was little, so the Garthim were like the ultimate nightmare.
I can't think of any Muppets from the Muppet Show that scared me, or any of the other films, either. There weren't many scary goblins in Labyrinth-if anything, they were too humorous to be scary...and there weren't any disturbing characters on Fraggle Rock that come to mind. I guess the Dark Crystal is the one that held the scariest Muppets for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
DID I say the African Masks from The Harry Belefonte episode? I dunno why, those things just freaked me out...

leliebel

Reaction score
Oh I have whole list: Super Grover, Animal, the fieries, the goblin's at the beginning of the labyrinth right before Jareth appeard (not the talking ones, the creepy crawly hidding ones). And a vampire/monster version of ieniemienie (she's from the dutch sesame steet).

And none Henson childern's characters for the dutch and belgians out here. Liegebeest en Plos de kikker (don't ask)

muppetsforever

Reaction score
so scary, my lil' sis and STILL talk about it to this day!

ok, there was a scene where kermit was in the forest/swamp singing some song (cant remember what ). There was this figure of kermit that wasn't a shadow or another puppet but more like a line drawing of him, that danced and sang back to him. Why it was so scary, i don't know but still creeps me out to this day. My sister cringes every time i bring it up.

Also, when bert and ernie were in the tomb, exploring. There was the mummy ernie :eek: :eek: :eek:

As far as an actualy muppet freaking me out, i would have to say i never cared for Zoot. Just something not right about him

leliebel

Reaction score
muppetsforever said:
As far as an actualy muppet freaking me out, i would have to say i never cared for Zoot. Just something not right about him
Do'n't worry, you can probably out run him, he most likely wouldn't bother with chasing anyone :smile:

Klonoa

Reaction score
For me I don't know if there were any truly scary Muppets, but some of them, even on Sesame Street, looked and did things that were kind of a little edgy and probably made me and many a kid slightly uncomfortable. All the stories mentioned here are great examples. But since I loved watching the Muppets so much, I would even stay for the scarier and more disturbing parts. In this way, I think the Muppets may have helped me conquer some childhood fears.

--Klonoa

ceecee

Reaction score
Sam!

:attitude: :attitude: :attitude:
Sam the Eagle scared me some when I was a kid. Don't know why.
Also, this guy: :cool: (I think). Is he the guy that played the saxophone? During the end credits of The Muppet Show, he would play a note at the end, and it always bothered me.
ceecee