1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Muppets scared you as a child?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Manda:-D, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Boppity

Boppity Member

Janice used to scare me for some reason :confused:

And...there was this one sketch I saw when I was little on either the Muppet show or Sesame Street...there were these strange creatures singing a song in their own language...pretty much any sketch with weird noises in them used to creep me out ^_^;

The Egyptian Bert and Ernie scared me as well, and so did the end of TMM when everything came crashing down.
  2. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Sweetums! But I love him now...:flirt:
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah some of Kermit's jumping around probably would have scared me. He looks like some kind of creepy marionette (which he very well could have been!). Kids do see things differently than adults and are obviously more open to imagining things, fun or scary. :)
  4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

the letter U from a certain skit would scare me as a kid...i dont remember much about it...probably for obvious reasons
  5. Well he was probably a rod puppet for that piece, but either way....

Back when I found this clip, I sent it to my sister and she wound't even click on the link. She's still freaked out by it.
  6. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

While I don't have the time right now to look oer this entire thread (darn me and my late arrival), I would like to add my thoughts...

I wasn't every really scared by any of the muppet characters or creatures save for one. The Lily Creature from Fraggle Rock (Red's Sea Monster episode) scared the holy heck out of me the first few times I saw it. As I got older, I actually came to love the big lug. LOL.
  7. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

To be honest...

I was scared of Rizzo. No so much as terrified, but more of a "ill, he looks nasty", kinda thing. Till this day I'm not too fond of Rizzo. Sorry Rizzo fans.:shifty:
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

The large, Muppet eating monsters with the big mouths. You know the ones I mean!
  9. Red Aeryn

Red Aeryn New Member

Sweetums then AND now! ;) He still scares me! *much prefers Gonzo and Camilla*
  10. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Most of the obscure muppets in Muppets Christmas Carol freaked me out, which was all of them that weren't part of the regular Muppet Show cast.
  11. heralde

Sweetums never scared me; I just always felt so sad when he got left behind in The Muppet Movie. :cry: Lol

I love Sweetums in the Muppet Show episode when he's all sad that people are afraid of him and Sandy Duncan makes him feel better. :)
  12. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

When I was younger, Cookie Monster, the Count, and Frazzle used to scare me. (I ran to another room whenever Cookie's "Healthy Food" rap came on.) Boy, those were the days...
  13. heralde

I was sacred of the Broccoli the "Healthy Food" song. Her mouth looked all crinckled and messed up and when they all went "Ahhhhhh!" in the song I thought she was crying about it, lol.
  14. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

I think the food (especially Broccoli) contributed to me being scared of that song as well... Fortunately, I'm older now, and I'm enjoying looking back at my childhood and laugh about it.
  15. FrogInTheGlen

FrogInTheGlen New Member

I wasn't scared of any Muppets when I was younger, but my brother was scared of Jack in "The Muppet Movie." Was that Sweetums? Anyway, he'd leave the room whenever Jack was on; I'm not sure when (if? :insatiable:) he stopped being scared. As an adult, I think those human Muppets on the train with Kenny Rogers during "The Gambler" are a little disturbing. That goes double for the dead one!:eek:
  16. pupcake79

pupcake79 New Member

I was scared of the Skeksis and Aughra from the Dark Crystal when I was tiny, but I still loved the movie. I'm sure that is true of many people!
  17. indigo

indigo New Member

Sweetums made me hide every time!