1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Muppets scared you as a child?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Manda:-D, Mar 6, 2003.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Zoot's Roadie

Zoot's Roadie New Member

Waldorf and Statler in a Christmas Carol , in fact still does :eek:
  2. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

that don music thing was a little disturbing
  3. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Grrr!

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Statler and Waldorf rule all and are not at all scary!!!!! NO! However, the door knocker is the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life! But boo to anyone who thinks he's scary outside of being a door knocker!
  4. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i didnt really like it when ralph nayder tore bob's sweater on the put down the duckie special (i saw it on tv when i was a kid).

but if bob said "this is terrible" when ralph tore his sweater...imagine what he'd say if ralph became president.

and no, i didnt say that i didnt like it just to say that joke.
  5. AbsorbedByPsych

AbsorbedByPsych New Member

The trash heap scared me, I know that she was nice but she looked creepy. I am so terrible. Actually the guy with the TNT :crazy: frighted the whiskers off of me when I was a kid.
  6. AbsorbedByPsych

AbsorbedByPsych New Member

I couldn't think of his name! Yeah he was terrifying.
  7. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

crazy harry
  8. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Count freaked me out a little bit when I was younger. :crazy:
  9. TashAndMe

TashAndMe Member

Well, the timing is a little late on this, but I'll post it anyway. Sesame Street did indeed have a skit called Mysterious Theatre hosted by Vincent Twice, Vincent Twice, but the aforementioned alphabet song is from a totally different skit altogether. The alphabet song is from a skit called Alphabet Chat and the host sitting by the fireplace was known as A.B. Chatterly. The theme song was sung by his puppeteer, Jerry Nelson, along with the late great Richard Hunt, another great puppeteer for Sesame Street. Hope this clears everything up.
  10. superfan

superfan Active Member

The ghosts that swirled around Crystal Gayle in TMS literally made me run upstairs crying. And also on TMS was that silver and black creature with the long pointed beak thing and the black holes for eyes. He creeped me out.
    Then there was a skit in SS that was about the ocean and this creepy low monotone voice sang about it in French. Then the camera would go underwater and show the sea anenomes waving all around. *shudder*

My cousin used to hide behind the chair when the intor to Muppet News Flash came on.
  11. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

As a little kid there were only a few muppet scetches that scared me

the worm skit (I think we all know what I'm talking about here)

"Hugga Wugga"- you know my sister loved this skit and thought it was funny but that thing just freeked me out. frankly I still find it disturbing today! Though I suppose it evens out since she was terrified of teh Sesame Street martians (yep yep yep...) but I loved them and still do.

Ernie and Bert in the pyramid with the livign mummy case. (now that is just plain spooky)

In retropsect there were several skits that probably would have scared me when I was younger but I didn't see them till I was older and not so easily frightened.

For example; the Pigs in Space skit where Big Mamma eats Ms. Piggy. As a little kid that probably would have scared me. But when I saw it the first time I laughed my head off. (I'd wanted to see Piggy get her comeupence for so long!)
  12. kitncaboodle

kitncaboodle New Member

Hey, it's not too late to reply to this, is it? Too bad, I'm replying anyway!

I think the Muppet that scared me the most as a kid would be that Don Music fellow. I figured the only reason he took his frustration out on himself was because no one else was in reach. And that, given the chance, he would come after me next. ::shudder!:: Good to know I'm not alone on this!

Also, Hugga Wugga creeped me out for pretty much the same reasons.
  13. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

It's never too late to reply to a thread! I'm always reviving old threads!
  14. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

None of The Muppets realy scared me... But when I saw the Audrey II on Little Shop of Horrors.....Its kinda hard to talk about!!
  15. pennyring

pennyring New Member

Definitely agreed! Because of Sesame Street and the Muppets, I was never afraid of monsters. Monsters are our friends! They're soft and furry and cute and friendly. They might look a little menacing, but really they just want a big hug. Nothing to be afraid of there. :)

The scary creatures in the closet, under the bed and outside my window were kidnappers and alligators, not furry loveable monsters.

This is my one muppet fear too!! In fact, my mom even brought him up on Thanksgiving. "Remember that Muppet on Sesame Street that used to make you cry?" Ahhhhh the man that wanted me to put the Golden An in the Tan Van!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :eek: He's a freaky sneaky little dude. Certainly up to no good. At least Stan the man gave him fifteen years in the can for stealing the Golden An. We can all breathe a sigh of relief for that!
  16. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

Sweetums scared me. And The Count aswell.
  17. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

When I was Little had a very disturbing reacuring dream about The Muppets. I was the guest star on The Muppet Show and just before the show Kermit told us there was a monster who was eating every one and he told me to take Robin and hide in the balcony. So I hid Robin and then I leaved Robin in the balcony, and whent backstage and the monster (wich was a white Sweadoms) had all The Muppets in a big Jar and was pulling them out one, by and and eating them. Then I when to the balcony to tell Robin what happend but when I got there all that was there was a pile of bones. Then I looked at the celing and Kermit was hanging himselve! Then the monster came and ate me!!
    That dream still comes back every now and then! :o :eek:
  18. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

Wow this thread is still going, anyhoo,
    All the life size muppets used to scare me apart from sweetums!
    It was all the bad quality ones!
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thought I'd Revive This Old Thread!

One of the last ladies I worked with on a past temp job said she was always scared of the Muppets as a kid. I understood when she cited Sweetums, but she included Big Bird in the mix. She might as well included sunshine and her own shadow in the list of scary things! :p

I used to find Uncle Deadly a little creepy, but Muppets never scared me as a kid. Some of the Muppet Show guest stars, however...(no names).

Okay, the Skeksis from Dark Crystal were scary. :eek:
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I used to be terrified of Beaker, I got nervous everytime I saw him on the screen, lol. I think the long head looked kinda creepy (at least to me) and then also I think as a small child I was confused as to why he couldn't talk "properly."

But I don't mind him as much now. In fact, a few months ago I had a bizarre dream where I was at a school and I had dated both Beaker and Bunsen at different times (yeah...::shrugs:: don't know where THAT came from! Lol). A one point in class, Beaker turned around and smiled at me (which was interesting considering the shape his mouth is normally in). It was sort of scary at first, but then it was nice. In a strange way it was like coming full circle, like it's OK to be friends now. :eek: :)