1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Muppets scared you as a child?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Manda:-D, Mar 6, 2003.

1. WereFox

WereFox Member

Beautiful Day Monster?

2. WereFox

WereFox Member

That ghost frog scares me. Why, oh why do I find this stuff at night?

3. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

The correct answer to this question is Beautiful Day Monster (I remember when he had teeth!). He is now one of my most favorite characters and I hope and wish a figure or plush or something of him were made - far fetched eh?

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

The only Muppet I was afraid of as a little kid this embarrassing but, it was the honkers.

5. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Sam the Robot

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Animal...
    I used to think he was the Energizer Bunny.

7. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

Number one answer for me is Animal. I was terrified by him when I was a kid. I remember my friend even used to pull out his playing piece from his Muppet Show board game, and his photo alone would send me running. Of course back then Animal was a lot scarier then he is now. ( Modern Animal is almost more "cutesy" then he was back then, when he would literally attack others.) I even used to have nightmares of him when I was a kid, so it was pretty ironic that as a grown up when I got his Master Replicas puppet, I literally had him standing on my tall dresser in my room towering over me while I slept lol.

Other more minor runner ups: Yoda, Sammy the Snake, that witch on Sesame Street, the Egyptian Bert and Ernie (plus Ernie with the crazy eyes when the Count wouldn't let him sleep), and the ghost Kermit from Disco Frog. I think Frazzle also fell into this category. Even though I didn't see much of him when I was a kid, I remember he appeared on some Sesame Street bedding I had, where he creeped me out. My mom keeps telling that story though thinking that it was Cookie monster, but it really wasn't.

And finally: Oscar's feet! Seriously! I had no problems with Oscar, and even liked him, but whenever they would show him walking or running around in his trash can where just his feet stuck out, that creeped me out. Don't ask me why because I can not fathom for the life of me any reason for it. I guess that is just the way you perceive things when you are little, even when it makes no sense whatsoever.

WereFox and WhoseLineFan like this.