What other action figures do you collect?

Fozzie

Reaction score
What other action figure lines do you collect? I collect:

Star Wars
Lord Of The Rings
Ghostbusters
Rudolph And The Island Of Misfit Toys
Jurassic Park
Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles
Masters Of The Universe
GI Joe
Misc Marvel and DC Comics figures
And Of Course Muppets

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
When I was little, I had a big collection of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Man, I loved those things. I remember they sold the figures for a quarter a piece, which seems inconceivable to me now. I also had the Chippettes. Some of them were poseable, and some were just stationary. They came in all sorts of different costumes and were a couple inches high. I think I had every one they ever made, or at least that I ever saw. I sold them when I was nine or ten, at a garage sale. I don't really know why I did it; I suspect there was some nudging going on from a certain parental figure. I'm always trying to hold onto things, and my mom is always trying to get rid of them. I've often wished I'd kept my Chipmunks, but my consolation is that the people who bought them were missionaries who took my whole collection with them to Kenya next time to distribute to the children. That's what they said, anyway, and if it was true then it was worth it to pass them along. I also had a ton of various Disney figures and books that were slipped into garage sales and donation boxes while I wasn't looking. *sigh*

But surrently I have a huge collection of Pooh memorabilia. Not really an action figure line; just sorta whatever I get my hands on. The closest to an actual line is the Pooh's Friendly Places series, of which I own all but two or three. Those are really terrific playsets. I haven't seen them on sale lately, and I'm hoping I can get my hands on the last few to complete my collection. I've been collecting Pooh stuff intensively for about ten years, maybe a bit longer. Friends and relatives have given me lots of Pooh things, and I've bought a lot at various places. One of my favorites is a chenille Gund Classic wind-up Pooh that plays "I'm Just a Little Black Raincloud." I found it in a little toy shop in England, and I think it's absolutely adorable, even more so now that my 9-year-old cousin made me a Pooh-decorated paper hat to put on his head.

The other figures I collect a lot of are trolls, as in the odd-looking plastic people with the funky hair. I got my first troll when I was 8 or so in a hospital gift shop. My mom had collected them as a child but had gotten rid of them. Shortly after my first troll, Russ popularized them big-time, and they were available everywhere in a million different costumes. During its heyday, I'd pick one up every time we were at the mall, and I often received them as gifts. I don't see them much these days, but when I happen across one at a yard sale or something I pick it up. I haven't counted lately, but I think I have more than 100. :smile:
Erin

rexcrk

Reaction score
-Star Wars
-Lord of the Rings
-Transformers
-Muppets

and that's basically it. I also have all 4 of the new Turtles (and that's all I really want :wink: )

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I used to collect TMNT, but now I focus on ThunderCats and He-Man as far as for my collections.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was browsing around eBay a couple days ago, and I found someone selling the Chipmunks' Theatre that I used to have when I was little!!!! :crazy: Even better, coming with eight Chipmunks! I have no idea how many I had when I collected them; lots and lots!!! Well, anyway, I won the auction, so maybe I'm on my way to collecting Chipmunks again! :flirt:
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm trying to cut back. So I'll say this is it:

Muppets (but of course)
Star Wars (haven't bought a new one since December...thanks to Hasbro's stellar distribution plan)
LEGO (mostly Star Wars & Harry Potter right now)
Batman/Justice League--Animated Style
Simpsons (mostly the kids of Springfield Elementary)
Fisher Price Little People (vintage--1967-1990)
...and now newer FPLP, ostensibly for Miles, but I'm liking them. Good thing they don't bake well in the oven.

:crazy:

Luke

Reaction score
I actively collect :-

Muppets
Simpsons
Gremlins - Well, when the figures arrives

and i have large collections of :-

Original He-Man
Original Transformers
Original Star Wars

and some sporadic figures here and there from :-

M.A.S.K
Ghostbusters
Centurions
A-Team

I'm not a completist so i've only ever bought the figures i really like !

Fozzie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I was browsing around eBay a couple days ago, and I found someone selling the Chipmunks' Theatre that I used to have when I was little!!!! :crazy: Even better, coming with eight Chipmunks! I have no idea how many I had when I collected them; lots and lots!!! Well, anyway, I won the auction, so maybe I'm on my way to collecting Chipmunks again! :flirt:
Erin
Do you have a pic? Sounds neat.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I am a real collector. Before the muppets figures I collected some of the action figures by Mcfarlane Toys, only one or 2 of the movie ones and I loved the Shrek ones and I collected and still collect any Shrek figures I can find, they are unavailable now. I have 2 Action figures of shrek though, one in his battling gear and the other one normal, I also have the donkey and the princess, I would love to have all of them. I think the Shrek figures are coming back very soon for the new Shrek movie, next year I think.

I also collect puppets,records and soo much more. And of course muppets.

:smile: