1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Sesame Street moments made you laugh?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BertsNose, Jul 31, 2014.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You're welcome BertsNose.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

3. BertsNose

BertsNose Member

I imagine that there might be some people here who have heard of "This Way to Sesame Street". It looks like something that aired before the show was to air for the first time. Anyway, I thought this clip was really funny with Ernie holding up the credits:

More funny moments:

-Cookie Monster playing Prairie Dawn's senses game

-Oscar's grouch bus stop in Kermit's house (I wish there had been more sketches with Kermit and Oscar. I feel like they could've had so much hilarious potential.)

-Prairie Dawn's lecture on eyes, ears, and nose (and Cookie Monster giving cookie as the answer for everything)

-Prairie Dawn directing Grover in "Singing in the Rain" ("get out of my seat!!")

-When Cookie Monster was playing Alistar and the feature was the 39 stairs (I don't know why I found Grover sliding down the stairs hilarious)

-Gone with the Wind on Monsterpiece theater (Kermit: Frankly, my dear, I haven't got the froggiest..)

-Grover selling weather to Kermit ("I want you outta here and stop wreckin my place. haha. Kermit sounded southern on that line.")

-I can't find this sketch anywhere but it was Prairie Dawn playing the piano and I think Elmo was playing the violin. They were trying to play Bach's "Minuet in G" and I think Elmo was either playing it too fast or too slow.
    Luke kun, gavry3 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I just watched that particular insert the other day on a Play With Me Sesame episode via Netflix! Yes, it was super entertaining (especially when Elmo mumbled something along the lines of Itzhak Perlman not having to deal with Prairie's demands)!

Anyways...there are a lot of SS moments that have made me laugh over the years. If any come to mind, I'll post about them on here. But for right now, here's one in particular that's shown in one of the Season 10 episodes that got unveiled earlier this summer. (Frank at his finest!)
  5. Bert fan

Bert fan New Member

I love the ernie and Bert sketch from season 7 when ernie:p leaves his skate on the floor after Bert :(reminded him and then Bert trips on it its hilarious
  6. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

The "Jurassic Cookie" segment of Cookie's Crumby Pictures.
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

"Air" with Bip Bippadotta, "scratch my back" (same character), among some others.
  8. Luke kun

Your signature makes me laugh big time. Seriously, the Muppel Shocks. Constantine shoulda said that in MMW as a call back.
  9. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I know how you feel TOM 1
    MikaelaMuppet and Luke kun like this.
  10. Luke kun

I recently rediscovered Pöpcørn and let's just say it still makes me laugh out loud :hungry:
  11. Luke kun

12. Luke kun

Just... this
  13. Luke kun

The Mystery Box with :) and :insatiable:
  14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Ernie and Bert's 10Q and I 8 the sandbox games.
  15. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

You'll need to go forward a bit to get to get to the COWABUNGA!!!! part
    Luke kun and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I taught 2 nieces & 1 nephew the I 8 the sandbox game. I still have 1 niece to go (unless her brother teaches her:))
    MikaelaMuppet and gavry3 like this.
  17. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

When Kermit was directing "Oklahoma" and lost it with Forgetful Jones.
  18. Luke kun

Already saw it. :laugh:
  19. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Bumping this up because I feel like mentioning this.

Seat belt... Seat belt... Seat belt... Seat belt....
    cjd874 likes this.
  20. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Another one that easily made me laugh.

Seeing Cookie Monster's googly eyes after he "eats" the moon in If Moon Was Cookie.