What should Disney buy next?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop wouldn't let that happen.

That's not to say Disney didn't try once before though. Remember, no sooner did Jim die, then Michael Eisner basically tried to steal the SST Muppets out from under their noses.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
If Disney bought SST, they'd turn it into some CGI "interactive" kids show like MMC.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's not to say Disney didn't try once before though. Remember, no sooner did Jim die, then Michael Eisner basically tried to steal the SST Muppets out from under their noses.
Actually, it was just before Jim died. Eisner showed way too much interest in the Sesame Street characters over the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock ones and Jim refused to sell as a result.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don't really count it all that much, because Jim Henson only created the puppets for the program, I don't think he really created anything else.
Back in Season One, he also created the Baker films (especially nice his children got in a few cameo shots).
For Season Two, he created his outstanding Number inserts, which gave him an opportunity to work with different media- stop-motion animation, Scanimate (a very early form of computer animation), etc. Each of these stand as a work of art even outside the context of Sesame Street.

The "12 Rocks in the Desert"- my own fave, and the one that impressed me the most- was even shown at a Yugoslavian film festival and won first prize. Not too shabby.
I've dabbled with stop-motion animation, and it is a painstaking labor-intensive process. But the end results are impressive, so I can appreciate what Jim did for the 12 rocks, Queen of Six, and the King of Eight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anything, Disney should sell all of the Saban owned cartoons (if they didn't already) that weren't Marvel character related back to Saban. Then we could probably see Eek the Cat on DVD or something.

Seriously, almost any Fox Kids show that wasn't Power Ranger or Digimon related was awesome. I love stuff like Mad Jack the Pirate and Spydogs.

Actually, wait. There IS something they should buy.

The rights to the Hanna Barbera produced Fantastic Four cartoon. It wasn't great, but Paul Frees as The Thing? That's epic, right there.