1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What size do you want the Rizzo figure?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jun 20, 2002.

?

What size do you want the Rizzo figure?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2002.
  1. An articulated Rizzo up to Kermits collar

24 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. A non-articulated Rizzo in scale to the others

30 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. A figure in between the two sizes

39 vote(s)
    41.9%
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

What size do you want the Rizzo figure to be?

Ken posted about the size of the Rizzo figure and there seems to be different opinions on how big to make him. Vote in the poll above and then let us know your reasoning. Your opinions will help to shape the eventual manufactured product.
  2. Alex888

Alex888 New Member

Chickens and Monsters and Rats Oh My!!

I don't care if you are just collecting the muppets to keep in their cases, to display them, to play with them, to juggle them or to strap them to bottle rockets (don't you dare!!)...I just don't think a Rizzo who is as tall as Gonzo would be fitting.

To me...having a Rizzo this size would be like having a Camilla or Pepe or Gaffer Cat roughly the same size as Kermit. And what if they made Thog and Sweetums and they were no bigger than Fozzie Bear or Rowlf??? How much would that stink!?

Everything should be to scale...or else this will throw the line off kilter. That would be like making the Galactus figure as tall *** Sue Richards. Capiche?

alzealand
  3. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Ok Rizzo CAN'T be up to kermit's collar. That is just to far out of scale. It's like the Muppet Labs version of Rizzo, cause there would be something terribly wrong with him. I do believe in cheating him out but to far becomes unbelievable. After putting the robot rabbit alongside Kermit I think he would be the perfect height, as long as he has no head. Go ahead if oyu have the figs. Put the rabbit next to Kermit and imagine the bot has no head. That I think is about an appropriate height for a rodent of Rizzo's proportions.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Heres what i posted in the 'Ask Ken' thread :-

Personally speaking i think you'd be off your rocker to make Rizzo the same kinda size to the other characters - i think he'd probably end up looking like some tall rat rather than the Rizzo we all know and love.

I wouldn't say making him a tiny PVC non articulated 'pack in' character is the right solution though either. I would say just go a little smaller than you are already planning to do, and make him semi-articulated. Just a few points so his arms, legs and head can move rather than going all out like with the other figures. Maybe pack him with quite a few accesories to make up for the smaller figure size.

So in conclusion i would say somewhere inbetween either options that have been suggested.
  5. Alex888

Alex888 New Member

nononoonoooeepoo!

I think even midway would be too tall. He should only come up a little past Kermit's knees right?

Maybe he could be packed in with Gaffer Cat or other rats or a bunch of little accessories and some cheese. Or maybe even Pops....or he could come with the theater...

He has got to be a small PVC figure to exact scale with the others or the line will be ruined.

MY opinion, don't mean to step on toes! :)

al
  6. matleo

matleo Active Member

I vote as "in-between" but I would be all right with an inarticulate one too. I don't think he should be anything over 2 1/2 inches. Actually once you get him on his legs that would be about the right size for him. Talking about "Muppets scale' is an odd thing cause rules don't always apply especaially for little guys(like Pepe and Rizzo) and big guys like (Sweetums and Thog) because there is no Mupet floor. If you look, they fudge it a lot with Rizo, Pepe, and Robin. Their waists start at about Kermits' elbows but their legs are certainly not as long as Kermits. If you watch MCC this is really apparent in a few places. So I think Palisades can get away with 'cheating ths a little bit. but a four inch figure or someting like that is TOO big.

--Matt
  7. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

I think that is a bit of an overstatemnt. I personally don't think it's that crucial of a call.
  8. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I would also say about half the size of Kermit. The same size as the Robot Rabbit without his head on.

There is no way he could come to around Kermit's knee, Thats just silly.

And seeing as he will be this small, Can he please come with Robin, Foo-Foo, Gaffer or maybe some more Rats, Penguins, talking Foods ?

Thanks
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

Mike Crawford made a point in the other thread that got me thinking. I think Rizzo shold be articulated but maybe not necessarily to the point of the others. I would make Rizzo the same size as Kenners' Yoda figure (which would put him at about the right scale with about the ame articulation. That means droping the ball and socket shoulders (unless of course it is possible to do a ball in socket that small). The only trick is getting Rizzo to stand on those spindly little legs of his. That's going to be tough.

--Matt
  10. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

I would like to see him as close to scale as possible- I'm not expecting perfection. I'd like to see at least a limited amount of articulation- similar to Kermit- legs, arms & head would be fine.
  11. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

A rizzo as close to scale as possible.
  12. MM-III

MM-III New Member

I couldn't disagree more with making him in "scale"...

Folks, this figure is NEEDED to help anchor an entire series. He's a big gun! That's not going to happen if he's an accessory for someone else. Or even if he is still packed as his own figure, what's the fun of playing with a rigid sculpture of a character who's so animated and fun in the shows/movies?
  13. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

I know this isn't a popular opinion (though the poll is all tied up right now so a few people, besides MM-III must agree with me) but I would hate to see Palisades produce a tiny Rizzo simply because they are so good with the detail and accuracy on these figures. I want to see what they do with Rizzo. I want a beautiful, articulated Rizzo. I have a PVC Rizzo statue. Sure, he's in scale with the figure line, but he ain't much fun.

I don't want Rizzo as tall as Gonzo, but I do want him large enough that he has good articulation and all those great details (texture, buttons on his coat, the whole bit).

I know a tiny Rizzo would look more proper, but he'd be so boring compared to the other figs in this line.

Okay-- now everyone tell me I'm wrong. ;)
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think the alarmist response to Rizzo's size is ridiculous. Don't forget that he is "cheated out" taller when he appears on tv and film. He is raised taller so that he reaches Kermit's collar much like stars in film today (Tom Cruise) are made to appear taller to match everyone else in the scene. It'a actually more accurate to cheat him out. If Rizzo were shown at actual size next to Kermit on The Muppet Show, he wouldn't even be in the frame! All Muppets are cheated out like this. I think Palisades has done a wonderful job and I know it would look right. I think some sort of snowball effect is happening because of misperceptions IMHO.:eek:
  15. Joe

Joe New Member

even after reading everyones thoughts, I still think Rizzo should be done a little out of scale, I see nothing wrong with Rizzo coming up to Kermits Collar, it makes him smaller than the rest (as he should be) but big enough so you can actually do something with him. Een though I think that the figures being to scale is great, I still think Rizzo can be an exception. I can just imagine losing Rizzo, because he's so small. :)
  16. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

You guys didn't know that Rizoo has the ability to lengthen his legs when they aren't shown on camera??? Sheesh- and you call yourself fans! :p :D
  17. CrockAlley

CrockAlley New Member

I am all in favor of a scale Rizzo. It would look ridiculous to have a huge Rizzo. All that aside, he wasn't even a major player on the show was he? He seemed, to me at least, to sprout his wings in the movies (which this line of toys in not about).
  18. Alex888

Alex888 New Member

THE ANSWER

THE ANSWER
    I am just throwing this out there...

I know nothing about the cost that this idea would involve....but here it is...

How about a full sized Rizzo like some people are wanting. Poseable and all that. Package him with a piece of cheese and a small PVC (to scale...2 1/2 or 3"??) Rizzo!!

It seems that creating a small scale Rizzo would be just as much work as creating different accessories for the full sized one to come with right?

This is one way to make everyone happy...except those who want a medium sized Rizzo (???).

good idea? bad idea?

alex z.
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

I actually think it would be too confusing to have two Rizzo's !
  20. radionate

radionate New Member

I voted for the more articulate Rizzo that comes up to Kermit's collar. Why? I want to play with him, and I don't think that Palisades would make it look too bad. I think folks are making a mountain out of a molehill here. The figures can't all be to scale. Well, maybe I'll change my vote to the inbetween figure now. That why he can still move around, yet be a little more to scale. But you do realize that Sweetums and other Monsters still can't be to scale either. They'd be huge!