• A figure in between the two sizes

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What size do you want the Rizzo figure to be?

Ken posted about the size of the Rizzo figure and there seems to be different opinions on how big to make him. Vote in the poll above and then let us know your reasoning. Your opinions will help to shape the eventual manufactured product.

Alex888

Reaction score
Chickens and Monsters and Rats Oh My!!

I don't care if you are just collecting the muppets to keep in their cases, to display them, to play with them, to juggle them or to strap them to bottle rockets (don't you dare!!)...I just don't think a Rizzo who is as tall as Gonzo would be fitting.

To me...having a Rizzo this size would be like having a Camilla or Pepe or Gaffer Cat roughly the same size as Kermit. And what if they made Thog and Sweetums and they were no bigger than Fozzie Bear or Rowlf??? How much would that stink!?

Everything should be to scale...or else this will throw the line off kilter. That would be like making the Galactus figure as tall *** Sue Richards. Capiche?

alzealand

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ok Rizzo CAN'T be up to kermit's collar. That is just to far out of scale. It's like the Muppet Labs version of Rizzo, cause there would be something terribly wrong with him. I do believe in cheating him out but to far becomes unbelievable. After putting the robot rabbit alongside Kermit I think he would be the perfect height, as long as he has no head. Go ahead if oyu have the figs. Put the rabbit next to Kermit and imagine the bot has no head. That I think is about an appropriate height for a rodent of Rizzo's proportions.

Luke

Reaction score
Heres what i posted in the 'Ask Ken' thread :-

Personally speaking i think you'd be off your rocker to make Rizzo the same kinda size to the other characters - i think he'd probably end up looking like some tall rat rather than the Rizzo we all know and love.

I wouldn't say making him a tiny PVC non articulated 'pack in' character is the right solution though either. I would say just go a little smaller than you are already planning to do, and make him semi-articulated. Just a few points so his arms, legs and head can move rather than going all out like with the other figures. Maybe pack him with quite a few accesories to make up for the smaller figure size.

So in conclusion i would say somewhere inbetween either options that have been suggested.

Alex888

Reaction score
nononoonoooeepoo!

I think even midway would be too tall. He should only come up a little past Kermit's knees right?

Maybe he could be packed in with Gaffer Cat or other rats or a bunch of little accessories and some cheese. Or maybe even Pops....or he could come with the theater...

He has got to be a small PVC figure to exact scale with the others or the line will be ruined.

MY opinion, don't mean to step on toes! :smile:

al

matleo

Reaction score
I vote as "in-between" but I would be all right with an inarticulate one too. I don't think he should be anything over 2 1/2 inches. Actually once you get him on his legs that would be about the right size for him. Talking about "Muppets scale' is an odd thing cause rules don't always apply especaially for little guys(like Pepe and Rizzo) and big guys like (Sweetums and Thog) because there is no Mupet floor. If you look, they fudge it a lot with Rizo, Pepe, and Robin. Their waists start at about Kermits' elbows but their legs are certainly not as long as Kermits. If you watch MCC this is really apparent in a few places. So I think Palisades can get away with 'cheating ths a little bit. but a four inch figure or someting like that is TOO big.

--Matt

FER SURE

Reaction score
He has got to be a small PVC figure to exact scale with the others or the line will be ruined.
I think that is a bit of an overstatemnt. I personally don't think it's that crucial of a call.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I would also say about half the size of Kermit. The same size as the Robot Rabbit without his head on.

There is no way he could come to around Kermit's knee, Thats just silly.

And seeing as he will be this small, Can he please come with Robin, Foo-Foo, Gaffer or maybe some more Rats, Penguins, talking Foods ?

Thanks

matleo

Reaction score
Mike Crawford made a point in the other thread that got me thinking. I think Rizzo shold be articulated but maybe not necessarily to the point of the others. I would make Rizzo the same size as Kenners' Yoda figure (which would put him at about the right scale with about the ame articulation. That means droping the ball and socket shoulders (unless of course it is possible to do a ball in socket that small). The only trick is getting Rizzo to stand on those spindly little legs of his. That's going to be tough.

--Matt

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I would like to see him as close to scale as possible- I'm not expecting perfection. I'd like to see at least a limited amount of articulation- similar to Kermit- legs, arms & head would be fine.