• A non-articulated Rizzo in scale to the others

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • A figure in between the two sizes

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MM-III

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more with making him in "scale"...

Folks, this figure is NEEDED to help anchor an entire series. He's a big gun! That's not going to happen if he's an accessory for someone else. Or even if he is still packed as his own figure, what's the fun of playing with a rigid sculpture of a character who's so animated and fun in the shows/movies?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I know this isn't a popular opinion (though the poll is all tied up right now so a few people, besides MM-III must agree with me) but I would hate to see Palisades produce a tiny Rizzo simply because they are so good with the detail and accuracy on these figures. I want to see what they do with Rizzo. I want a beautiful, articulated Rizzo. I have a PVC Rizzo statue. Sure, he's in scale with the figure line, but he ain't much fun.

I don't want Rizzo as tall as Gonzo, but I do want him large enough that he has good articulation and all those great details (texture, buttons on his coat, the whole bit).

I know a tiny Rizzo would look more proper, but he'd be so boring compared to the other figs in this line.

Okay-- now everyone tell me I'm wrong. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the alarmist response to Rizzo's size is ridiculous. Don't forget that he is "cheated out" taller when he appears on tv and film. He is raised taller so that he reaches Kermit's collar much like stars in film today (Tom Cruise) are made to appear taller to match everyone else in the scene. It'a actually more accurate to cheat him out. If Rizzo were shown at actual size next to Kermit on The Muppet Show, he wouldn't even be in the frame! All Muppets are cheated out like this. I think Palisades has done a wonderful job and I know it would look right. I think some sort of snowball effect is happening because of misperceptions IMHO.:eek:

Joe

Reaction score
even after reading everyones thoughts, I still think Rizzo should be done a little out of scale, I see nothing wrong with Rizzo coming up to Kermits Collar, it makes him smaller than the rest (as he should be) but big enough so you can actually do something with him. Een though I think that the figures being to scale is great, I still think Rizzo can be an exception. I can just imagine losing Rizzo, because he's so small. :smile:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
You guys didn't know that Rizoo has the ability to lengthen his legs when they aren't shown on camera??? Sheesh- and you call yourself fans! :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin:

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I am all in favor of a scale Rizzo. It would look ridiculous to have a huge Rizzo. All that aside, he wasn't even a major player on the show was he? He seemed, to me at least, to sprout his wings in the movies (which this line of toys in not about).

Alex888

Reaction score
THE ANSWER

THE ANSWER
I am just throwing this out there...

I know nothing about the cost that this idea would involve....but here it is...

How about a full sized Rizzo like some people are wanting. Poseable and all that. Package him with a piece of cheese and a small PVC (to scale...2 1/2 or 3"??) Rizzo!!

It seems that creating a small scale Rizzo would be just as much work as creating different accessories for the full sized one to come with right?

This is one way to make everyone happy...except those who want a medium sized Rizzo (???).

good idea? bad idea?

alex z.

Luke

Reaction score
I actually think it would be too confusing to have two Rizzo's !

radionate

Reaction score
I voted for the more articulate Rizzo that comes up to Kermit's collar. Why? I want to play with him, and I don't think that Palisades would make it look too bad. I think folks are making a mountain out of a molehill here. The figures can't all be to scale. Well, maybe I'll change my vote to the inbetween figure now. That why he can still move around, yet be a little more to scale. But you do realize that Sweetums and other Monsters still can't be to scale either. They'd be huge!