1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What size do you want the Rizzo figure?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jun 20, 2002.

?

What size do you want the Rizzo figure?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2002.
  1. An articulated Rizzo up to Kermits collar

24 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. A non-articulated Rizzo in scale to the others

30 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. A figure in between the two sizes

39 vote(s)
    41.9%
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm getting verklempt!!

...discuss it amongst yourselves!!
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

yes i could see a large Pepe fig but whatever they do to Rizzo should be done to Pepe, i mean then rizzo should be up to kermits coller then.

Robin as well, i'm all set on the size of the robot rabbit
    (- the head)for all three.

Zack)Rowlf the, still paisnitly waiting for series one to hit stores in my area, dog.
  3. Fozzie Bear

I just wish that guy at M2Comics.com would hurry up and send me my series one already even!! Or...maybe he's waiting on the Labs playset? Hmm...

Patience? PATIENCE?? I'm gonna blow something up...where's a penguin when you need one??

FOZ
  4. FRANC MAS

FRANC MAS New Member

RIZZO

OK GUYS, I RECEIVED 3 OF THE FIGURES LAST WEEK (EB GAMES).
    KERMIT AND DR.HONEYDEW ARE 4.5 INCHES TALL. MISS PIGGY IS 6.0. THE RABIT IS 4 3/4 , BUT 3.5 WITHOUT THE HEAD.

I HAVE THE PVC CHESS PIECE RIZZO, I BELIEVE THIS WOULD BE UP TO SCALE. IT LOOKS GREAT NEXT TO KERMIT, BUT IT GETS LOST . I THINK "ZACK THE DOG" IS RIGHT, THE RABBIT WITHOUT A HEAD SIZE WOULD BE PERFECT. I ALSO THINK IT SHOULD BE ARTICULATED, OTHERWISE IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A FREE HAPPY MEAL FIGURE.

FRANC.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

<<OTHERWISE IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A FREE HAPPY MEAL FIGURE.>>

Mmmmmmmmm Happy Meals !

Nothing to add to the discussion, just droolin ......
  6. Zack the Dog

FRANC MAS

I beilve it was BlueFrackle's idea in the begining with Rizzo being the size of the robot rabbit without the head.

Zack)Rowlf the, I just like to give credit where credit is due,Dog.:)
  7. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

It was my idea. It's no biggie theough just as long as the idea is being used I'm happy.
  8. FRANC MAS

FRANC MAS New Member

SORRY NATHAN.

MY MISTAKE, IT WAS YOU WHO SAID IT.

I HAVE THE FIGURES RIGHT HERE. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Zack,

Yeah, it was Nathan's idea !

Good one Nath !

See ya
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd say that he should be between those two sizes. He'll be better articulated that way! I bet some of you wouldn't want him to look like a PVC figure (only better painted and sculpted) that you put on a birthday cake. But then again, who knows what will happen with Sweetums. Maybe he'll be as big as the others. And what about Robin?

Just don't make a half sized Four foot prune!
  11. DrSweetums

DrSweetums New Member

Rizzo (Yoda sized)

Pertaining to the poll for the scale of Rizzo (and I'm guessing this will apply to all smaller characters), I wonder why they don't make him to scale, but still give him at least some articulation. One members view of the scale really hit home, and that's that he could be made to be Yoda sized (approximately to Kermit's knee), and still be articulated. There could be a swivel joint in the neck, a swivel joint at each hip, and ball-and-socket joints at the shoulder (I've seen them quite small). This way, all should be happy. And if not, then possibly a second, larger rizzo could be realeased (If exclusives are picked up again). On another note, for those in Palisades (Residentlilly), could we possibly see a Sweetums (fingers crossed), as well as a pepe (even though he wasn't in the show). Just my two cents.

Thanks to all for reading.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Welcome to the board! Geez, lots of new memebers!

Anyway, I have to disagree with the knee-size to Kermit size for Rizzo. Do you have one of these figures? That measures to be about one inch! Look at that on a ruler and you'll see why that size just won't allow much articulation - or that would be up to snuff. That size would present many breakage issues.

Rizzo is "cheated out" in nearly every scene he's in to be up to Kemit's shoulder! I think a cheated out size is in order here. Nothing mamoth, but more realistic.

BTW - Ken has expressed much interest in Pepe and Sweetums. Sweetums would likely come with the theater playset next year.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

for more on rizzo's scale to everyone, i point out the mfs coloring book cover, and back of the merchandise package at clarie's.
    both shows th emuppets together and shows just *how* small rizzo is(like the mfs picture where they are all sitting on the roof)

now then, sadly about gonzo/camilla, rizzo, koozebane, etc.
    Who knows when we'll see this, as series 3 has been pushed til early 2003, making the line pushed back too.

So it will be quittttte a while before we even see early resin prototype pix.

But hey, after waiting two decades, im glad finally a company stepped up to the plate for new muppet figures!
  14. Fozzie Bear

...A company that steps up to the plate to do new Muppet figures AND do the characters PROPER JUSTICE!!! This figs look great!!

FOZ
  15. Zack the Dog

heres a thought about Rizzo, will his hat be removable? maybe i should "ask Ken";-)

Zack)Rowlf the, will the Tux Rowlf come with a top hat?Dog.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Rowlf--

Should only come with a hat if he can pull a rabbit out that he can chase! :)

WOOF WOOF WOCKA!
    FOZ
  17. grail

grail New Member

While I agree that Rizzo should be in scale with the rest of the figs, let us not forget that Toybiz went a good many years with a Wolverine that was just as tall as Cyclops. While the purists would complain, the consuming public as a whole never even noticed.

Having said that, my personal preferance is to have 2 or 3 smaller Muppets with limited articulation packed out as one figure. It could even go a bit more expensive to offset the price of making 2 to 3 figures, small or no. Maybe as part of a deluxe line with some of the bigger Muppets that would be by themselves.

Just a thought...
  18. Zack the Dog

make Rizzo bigger

Now that I have Honeydew and can hold the robot rabbit, the thought of Rizzo being the size of the robot rabbit with out the head is too small in my mind, too small to sell as a single fig, to me that would be a packin fig.

i say have him as big as the robot rabbit with the head but with out the ears instead of with out the head along with the ears, that would be better. i'm sure his hat will be removable.

How about haveing a Rizzo & Robin pack?
    the two of them would be more worth the money then a small Rizzo fig, they could even be the size of the robot with out the head

i'm mean we are still not sure of a lot of things and things can always change down the road so robin might not come with the stage and sweetums, not that he is not, but just a thought.

Rizzo and Robin aren't really buddy buddy, but the "Rizzo & Robin" name together sounds cool;-)

Zack)Rowlf the,wonders what stuff could come with Robin?Dog.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

now we're back to what Ken suggested in the first place

Ken suggested Rizzo coming up to the bottom of Kermit's collar and I still think this is the best suggestion.
  20. Zack the Dog

yes, but i haven't seen the robot rabbit in person untill last week to see the size of it, buti have never wanted a very small rizzo in the first place. up to kermits collar would be good, remember folks kermit is taller when you hold him up because he leans over, so the size is not too big for rizzo.

Zack)Rowlf the, try putting the rizzo chess peice next to kermit and piggy, if you want actual size,Dog.