Votes: 30 32.3%
  • A figure in between the two sizes

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Rat Pack Possibilites

I'm voting for a small, almost in scale-sized Rizzo character. Slightly larger than "in scale" would be, but still slightly smaller than the official "in between" vote.

And I think it would be hilarious and lots of fun if Rizzo came with a pair of stilts as accessories! Something you could peg his feet onto that would boost his height, and give him a little more movement and articulation. This would fit perfectly with Rizzo's personality. Just not TOO tall, 'cause he's afraid of heights! :wink:

But yeah, I love the idea of stilts as accessories.

Other possible accessories in addition to the stilts idea--

A props/costume trunk that he could fit inside of. Almost like Billy Bones' sea chest from Muppet Treasure Island, only with the Muppet Show logo on the trunk as opposed to a chest. Maybe even on wheels almost like a mini vehicle Rizzo could ride in! (The images this conjures after seeing Rizzo poking up out of the puppet trunk at MuppetFest!) This would be perfect for a smaller more "in scale" size Rizzo, and the trunk could hold other figure's accessories when not in use as well. Like Piggy's boa, Kermit's mug, Bunsen's Lab book, etc.. (Rizzo's stilts!)

I also do like the idea of the talking vegetables. Is the Chef's kitchen set coming with a refrigerator? Maybe Rizzo could come with that and talking food. Or a vending machine, whether it be for food OR the slot-machine style *Vendaface* with working lever, and a pair of those wacky nose-glasses that could fit on Rizzo.

Any of these ideas would tie Rizzo in more with the whole Muppet Show theme, considering he wasn't one of the big main characters back then like he is now.

I'm just happy there will be a Rizzo! I LOVE Rizzo! :stick_out_tongue: He's a great character and there are tons of possibilities with him.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Travis,

I *LOVE* the Muppet Show Trunk idea ! Robin used one of these once, And then we would never lose the small accesories !

Please Ken please put a Trunk with Rizzo!

See ya

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Rizzo should just come with food.... lots and lots of food. Cheese, pizza, whatever- Rizzo will eat it.

Oh, and maybe another generic Muppet mouse or two would be nice.

beaker

Reaction score
RIZZO/PEPE Two PAck next summer please!!!

On the subject of Rizzo, I think in keeping him in line with everything, he should be just slightly bigger than scale(which seems to be the vote most people are voting for)
However, he DEFINATELY needs to also come with packin characters. Whether this is talking vegetables, gaffer cat, etc, who knows.

Personally, since Rizzo wont his store shelved til 2nd to 3rd quarter 2003...you wanna know what should happen folks?

A Rizzo/Pepe two pack. Both the exact same size, and articulation. Why? Because by the time these come out, the 25th line will have hopefully become a WoM line(and the 25th will be over anyways)

Who else on here thinks a Rizzo/Pepe pack(being as weve seen them work well recently,a nd they'll be still the big guns next year) like the sheri twins on Wos...smaller than the other figures, allowing for a two pack. With Rizzo merchandise out there(incl the new namco plushes) its a no brainer a Rizzo/Pepe two pack would be an insanely big item!

Also, Star Wars and WoS didnt keep to a specific era, so Im just curious why all the insisting this be a 25th only line?
That would so be like if the star wars line was strictly original triology or the simpsons WOS line was stricly season 1 or 2 to coincide with the dvds!

///beaker///

towels

Reaction score
I think the Pepe/Rizzo pack would be a good idea.
That said, I think it's not so much a 25th Anniversary issue as it is a Muppet Show issue.
It would be like having Jar Jar Binks or Mace Windu in a set labelled as Return of the Jedi. Or having Q in a Star Trek TOS set.
If Palisades can negotiate their deal into "Muppets" instead of "Muppet Show" I think we would all love it. If they can't do that, sticking Pepe into a Muppet Show line seems like revisionist history and it just feels wrong to me.

CrazyHarry

Reaction score
I might have my Muppet license revoked

I think a Rizzo figure should be bigger than scale. I have four Muppet PVCs and all they do is sit on my shelf. However, when I think about Rizzo on TMS I don't remember him doing much. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rizzo naked on TMS? I'm also wondering how he'll be able to stand up. He has spindly little legs, but he's pretty fat.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Rizzo started out naked on TMS. Then Steve's wife got bored and started making him hats and coats. Nothing as elaborate as the letter jacket style coat he wears most of the time now, but we have Steve's wife to thank for dressing Rizzo.

matleo

Reaction score
Re: I might have my Muppet license revoked

Originally posted by CrazyHarry
I'm also wondering how he'll be able to stand up. He has spindly little legs, but he's pretty fat.
I was thiking about this too and something hit me. A rock, I couldn't quite tell casue I was unconscious for abotu 5 mintues or so. All I know is it was big and it hurt. Anyway, after the swelling went down I went back to pondering the how does Rizzo stand issue and I realsised Rizoo has a tail. I don't rmemebr which action figure it was, but I remember owning an action figure at one point who didn't stand too well except he had a tail wih acetd as sort pof a third leg and helped him out. Maybe that's the soluction our little Rizz needs. Just a thought.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm split, so I like the idea of a good articulate figure with the smaller pack-in Rizzo. Maybe one of the accessories could be an action figure of Steve Whitmire's hand and arm to insert into the bottom of the smaller Rizzo to put it to size like in the movies and TV when his size is cheated out, huh? Huh? Whatchoo thinkin??

:smile:
FOZ

Kermie19

Reaction score
In my opinion, I wouldn't mind a "to scale" PVC Rizzo, but I think he can be a little bigger. I was looking at my Kermit figure, and I thought if he was about the height of Kermit's waist he would be big enough (that's probably to scale huh?). All I really want in him is articulation in his arms and head, like Kermit. I would much rather have him as close to scale as you can get with articulation. Up to Kermit's collar is just too big. He wouldn't fit in with the rest of the characters.

Bryce