What sketches scared you as a kid?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
haven't seen any of them (except the "keep fishin" video!)

anyways, i think i'm the only one here that was afraid of Spaceship Surprise

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Yeah! I have issues with the Pinball Number count too. It was one of my favorite sketches, until one day:
I was watching this Israeli version of the show (It was Americanized , it was a special) called Shalome Sesame. They had the sketch in Hebrew or Yiddish or something and, let me tell you, the Pointer Sisters had nothing to do with this. They had these woman who sounded NOTHING like them sing fast and off key. It freaked me out!! I never really liked that sketch (even in english) again. It took me forever to get over it. I have a tape of Shalome Sesame episodes that I never touched in years because of it.
gee, this Shalom Sesame sounds pretty disturbing. are you still afraid of it?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoot

There was a live action scene of a bill board painter doing huge red letters on a white background. He starts doing a 'W', then an 'E'...and so on, as listed on a piece of paper he's reading from. He stands there after he's done trying to figure out what he'd just written - and he leans on the bill board and keeps staring confusedly at the piece of paper he's painting from and then it dawns on him... (this is the scary part) The camera zooms in on his face in front of which he's holding his hand, and his face twists into a horibble snarl and in a blood curttling scream he yells across the New York Skyline..."WET PAAAAAAIIINT!"
that's weird. was he looking directly into the camera???

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>>he's slap a Velcro cut-out of a 'C' on their their chest and yell 'THERE YA GO!" and laugh maniacally<<<

LOL! Harvey Kneeslapper! He belongs in the Muppet hall of shame with Mr. Poodlepants and Bill Bubbles. Btw, HArvey wasnt the only ill begotten Sesame denizen...remember the contraband seller Lefty? Pssst...wanna buy some an illegal letter H?:wink:

don't diss harvey!

anyways, i see why they got rid of Lefty. the producers must have come to realize that the shouldn't have a muppet that represents a DRUG DEALER

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
LOLOLOL THAT's A RIOT. Dr Tooth

My little brother had a big bird that played tapes, and when you bought the formatted tapes he would read you a story...and his mouth would move along with the words on the tape.
If it was an unformatted tape, though, his mouth would move sporatically. That was in 89.
We found that toy about 6 years later and it still worked... My baby sister was about a year old and my brother was nine...we got the biggest kick out of putting different tapes into big bird(most none to wholesome) and watching my baby sister regard big bird's new songs with a very confused and unappreciative look on her face. She did that big bird in eventually...she pushed it down the stairs in the walker. (this was a punishment dolled out to a lot of her stuffed animals)
if they did that with Cookie Monster, try playing some Napalm Death (not for your little sister, OH H-LL NO!) sure, they kinda suck but the lead singer sounds just like cookie. well, so do all the other death metal singers

punkNpuppets

Reaction score

There was one were a bird skeleton and a elephant skeleton are in a locker room after a basket ball game. It's animated "If you could call it that"...the background is black and white but the characters are color...I think...Any how...they both open their lockers at the same time and both their skins fall out into one pile and they don't know who's skin was whos (???!!!). SO - they just grab random articles of...skin. From off screen you can hear them both grunting and struggling...and then the girl gym teacher walks in and says..."Great game guys, OH NO!" and they show the elephant skeleton with various parts of bird's skin stretched over his frame and some of his own too...but in the wrong places...and the bird has the same thing going on. The gym teacher says something about cooperating...and quickly goes to work, going back and forth between the two, snatching various pieces of elephant's skin off of bird and various pieces of bird's skin off the elephant. (as she does this she's chanting like she's dealing cards "bird, elephant, bird, bird, elephant bird - There now you're all dressed."

i havent seen it but reading it was quite disturbing. but hey, A BIRD and an ELEPHANT - sounds like another sesame duo we all know! even though it's not techinally an 'elephant'.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score

There was a live action scene of a bill board painter doing huge red letters on a white background. He starts doing a 'W', then an 'E'...and so on, as listed on a piece of paper he's reading from. He stands there after he's done trying to figure out what he'd just written - and he leans on the bill board and keeps staring confusedly at the piece of paper he's painting from and then it dawns on him... (this is the scary part) The camera zooms in on his face in front of which he's holding his hand, and his face twists into a horibble snarl and in a blood curttling scream he yells across the New York Skyline..."WET PAAAAAAIIINT!"
that's weird. was he looking directly into the camera??? and maybe they used that sign for the beginning of the "Wet Paint" song! that song's rad, and it has cow puppets and COW PUPPETS RULE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by gorry
there is still a skit that makes me feel uneasy.since it's nighttime(4:30AM)i won't talk about it till dawn.
I know it's been 5 monthes, and i know i should shut up, but what were you doing up at 4:30 AM????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Re: the number one sesame sketch that scared me

Originally posted by BeckyDR
Hey "little jerry", I know we all have our own opinions, so I will not badger you with questions about why that scene scared you so much, but...I LOVED IT! Ha ha ha :smile: it was one of my all-time favorite sketches and I am really disappointed that it is never on anymore. In fact, sometimes I would get that song in my head while on the bus to school (this was when I was in, like, 1st grade) and when I got to the end I would yell 40 so loud that the bus driver would almost have a heart attack hee hee hee :smile:
(in a Gladys the Cow voice) - HUMOROUS! just HUMOROUS!!!

mikealan

Reaction score
There was something surreal and terrible of the Sesame Street characters on the photos of GOOGLE.

There are alot of photos where Bert is evil (I don't like the evil Bert, but I love the original Bert!)

There was a HORRIBLE SS photo I ever saw-it was where Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover and Elmo becoming evil! On this photo, Ernie looked angry holding a knife, Bert looked angry too drinking the beer, Grover smoking, Elmo looked evil holding a gun and Cookie looked evil (does his eyes looked like Sam's?) holding a gun, too.

"Sesame Street was brought to you by the letter bong!"

Many weeks ago, I saw that surreal and strange and animated skit (which the SS haters created it) where Big Bird (wearing a ray gun, drinks beer and smokes three joints!) and Kermit (which he's smoking and had the voice of Baby Kermit!) get stoned, and Elmo's in it with a hydrotic needle near his mouth...it was the Sesame Street (Stoned) skit. In the beginning of this skit, we see Guy Smiley smoking as the kids sang "Can you tell me how to get Sesameo Street?" Maybe somebody on the skit said "Sesameo Street" instead of "Sesame Street".

These photos and this animation did not scare me, but were you guys scared of these including the Sesame Street (Stoned) animation?