What sketches scared you as a kid?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well Then Why Was Chris Going Out Through The Exit And Then He Bumped The Door To You? Was It Locked? :smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
About The Exit Sketch Mike! You Where Chris And The Alphabeats Sing About Exit,And Some Of The Muppets Like Bert,Guy Smiley,Grover,And Some Others Go Through The Exit Door While Chris And The Alphabeats Sing,But When The Alphabeats Leave Last While Chris Is Finishing His Song,He's Just Alone!When He's Just Alone When His Song Is Just Over,Chris Said He'll Go Out The Exit Door And It's Locked.When It's Locked,He Just Feels Really Bad For Himself About Not Getting Out At All Because He's Lonely.But The Reason Why The Door's Locked Is Because The Green Alphabeat Just Locked It While He Leaves And Shuts The Door Locked Which Was Just Not Good At All Because Chris Was Just Locked Inside All Alone! Poor Chris! :frown:
Chris never mentions he's lonely. Here's what happened at the end:

(CHRIS notices that the stage and auditorium is empty)

CHRIS: Hey, where did everybody go? Oh well, I guess I'll split, too. (Walks into a wall) Hey, how do I get out of here? (Goes to one part of the seats) Nope that ain't it. Over here? (Walks across the seats) No! No. Hey, how do I get out of here! HELP! HELP!

TashAndMe

Reaction score
Blind Pew said:
By far, the scariest moment for me was when they showed Kermit with teeth in one episode. I don't remember why he had teeth but he looked freaky and he was talking with a weird lisp and it gave me the willies.
I actually loved this skit. It was especially funny when Grover was saying that to properly care for your teeth, you should eat crunchy foods like bananas. Kermit then tells Grover that bananas are not crunchy. I love to quote that to my friends at school.

yue

Reaction score
yikes.

The Wet Paint segment. I'm not as scared of anything as I am of that. Apperently something bad, something I don't remember, happened while it was playing, and since then, I can't watch it. I can't remember a time when I wasn't afraid of it. The music sound threatening to me, as well as the colors running down the screen. I recall mostly red, but there was also green and orange, correct? I still curl up in a ball and cry if I see it, plus have nightmares for months. Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated. :/

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I just bought Muppet Magic on dvd this week(with the 2 bonus features).I didn't realize Splurge was a full body muppet,until I watched the sketch.I thought Splurge was big like Big Mama.If I had seen that sketch with Splurge as a kid,it definately would have done something to my mind.:eek:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
yue said:
The Wet Paint segment. I'm not as scared of anything as I am of that. Apperently something bad, something I don't remember, happened while it was playing, and since then, I can't watch it. I can't remember a time when I wasn't afraid of it. The music sound threatening to me, as well as the colors running down the screen. I recall mostly red, but there was also green and orange, correct? I still curl up in a ball and cry if I see it, plus have nightmares for months. Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated. :/
You mean, when the paint hit the screen? And when How Now Brown screamed into the camera? And the heavy metal music?

As much as I hate to admit it, that clip freaked me out when I was little, too. :embarrassed:

Luckily, I conquered my fear and now love the clip. :smile:

fatblue

Reaction score
Here are some real scary ones:

That skit of 'The boy and the girl and the jellybeans'. During the last part, the monster comes on to the sound of that thundering piano! Now THAT was frightening,and those of you who saw it know what I mean.

Kermit's lecture, he was probably taking about 'full and empty', but I'm not sure, you know the one with the two glasses of milk? CM comes in and drinks both of them which gets Kermit all angry. All of a sudden you see one monster followed by a whole group, to the sound of that erie music! By the way, I'm STILL trying to find this skit if anyone has it.

The letter 'B' skit with Beautiful Day Monster! Yeesh!! As Kermit would say, that was scary to me.

SesameMike

Reaction score
fatblue said:
Kermit's lecture, he was probably taking about 'full and empty', but I'm not sure, you know the one with the two glasses of milk? CM comes in and drinks both of them which gets Kermit all angry. All of a sudden you see one monster followed by a whole group, to the sound of that eerie music!
I had forgotten about that skit, but I do remember the monsters appearing at the end. Very scary. I think they "sprouted" up from behind the wall, one by one, as Kermit nervously continued his lecture with words along the lines of "...but now it seems we have fewer glasses and more monsters." He then darted off to the right with a scared "fruf-f-f" sound.

For years after, I heard that "eerie sound" when in a nervous or precarious situation.

The sound CM made when drinking the milk was "gu-lup-lup-lup-lup-lup-lup-lup-lup. Ahhhhhhhh! (with a short-A sound)"