What sketches scared you as a kid?

Kiki

Reaction score
Phew, sorry guys, I'm a bit late 'ere!
Let's see scary SS moments:
  • Really old skits used to scare me a bit. I don't know why. I always thought I liked the oldies.
  • Those freaky-deaky creatures form Fraggle Rock. It's not SS, but hey.
  • Ok, this sounds rully dumb, but Elmo kinda scared me. It wasn't his appearance, it was more of his voice, when he was performed by Richard Hunt. :embarrassed:
  • I swear someone mentioned Hugga Wugga, from the Muppet Show record.
  • Sweetums!
  • Two words. Harvey. Kneeslapper. 'Nuff said, people's.

espenguin

Reaction score
Hands down , the scariest thing on sesame street was that **** Sam the Robot, with his Exorcist like voice, the horrible clanking noise he made, and his large body and those huge eyes. I was horrified of him when i was kid, enough to make me run from the room screaming.
I still have nightmares of him.

lalalei

Reaction score
When I was little, I was scared of Wet Paint, Count to 10 with Nobody, and Red-Hot I.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Sammy The Snake put the fear of God in me when I was little.
I feared snakes (and still do) as it was...then I see this purple headed snake in a dark room singing about the letter S, not to mention the fact that the clip began with this mega-extreme close up of his face. His eyes looked as if he had been smoking something illegal, and his deep voice coupled with my already intense fear of serpents gave me nightmares for years!!

I saw him again when I was about 21 years old, and while the fear has gone, I still get goosebumps even thinking about Sammy.

That's the only SS clip that really scared me...kinda weird, huh?

Drtooth

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
CTW originally borrowed that cartoon (and all the "Swedish Animation" number toons!) from a similar program in Sweden; the show was called "Five Ants Is More than Four Elephants", and the counting elephant was a recurring character there. (Yes, the Swedish version also showed him getting mad when "14" didn't appear...) Ironically enough, I've never seen this clip in English or Spanish--and my Sesame Street memories go back to 1971 at least.
OH! That is pretty dang interresting, man! Before they came up with the idea of making SS programs for other countries, they indeed took stuff from another progam from Overseas.

I think all those animations were pretty creepy looking. I dunno why, but they were all vaugely creepy. The Bat and Elephant one, especially.

I'm pretty sure they used that elephant thing at least several times in each language in the 80's. You must have convineiantly not seen the same episodes I have seen! Heh heh!

The first one was "Max & His Axe", which was about an overzealous lumberjack who was turned into a tree for one year, by a terrifying
"tree genie" as punishment for his disregard to nature. What frightened
me was the actual transformation of Max from human into a tree.... it looked
PAINFUL!!!!
Is that the one where "The Lightnin' roared and th' thunder clapped, an' da Genie broke da spell?" Try saying that exact bit in Bill Cosby's voice. You'll get over that. Least it's hillarious to me.

I swear someone mentioned Hugga Wugga, from the Muppet Show
Actually, Scrap a Fiap creeps me out much much more.

Somehow, when a Monster comes out and says "Hugga Wugga" sounds like he just wants a hug. :crazy:

Those freaky-deaky creatures form Fraggle Rock. It's not SS, but hey.
Specifically which ones? Or is it anyone but the Fraggles and DOozers?

I might as well add, unless I have before, I really get bothered by the old Children's Television Workshop logo. The electric sounding one.

lalalei

Reaction score
I found the Red-Hot I segment on Youtube!

*shudders*

But I can't post it cause I haven't made 10 posts yet. :cry:

lalalei

Reaction score
I remember another thing that freaked me out was 'I'm Still Me!' It was about a witch who kept turning this little girl into something else but she kept insisting 'I'm me!"

I think what scared me was what she changed into. A cat, a spoon, a teddy bear, a dragon, a TV, a clock, a chair, a bird, and a flower.

I thhought it would be cool to be a TV but the others scared me.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I Remember that one1

I totally forgot about that "I'm me" skit, I must have been a kid the last time I saw that. There's another animated clip that scared me, its on youtube and it depicted a blond girl close to the screen asking: "You wanna see a scary looking thing"- she then shuffles close to a patch of grass and there was a red monster hiding there, she scares it away and then says: "I'm a scary looking thing". It was too weird to me and there was this fog-horn like noise in the background that made it even more eerie. Let me stop yapping and let you guys take a look at it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00J9sDy2ogY

Yes, this was a definite source of many nightmares I had as a kid.:embarrassed: